PDA

View Full Version : Volkl C 10 vs. Tour 10 - Which one to buy?

dh2507
05-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm about to buy me a new racket (current racket is a Wilson Hyper PS 6.5):
After years of playing Head and Wilson, I wanted to try another manufacturer and ended up with Volkl. I have tested the Tour 10 MidPlus (Gen I) and I like that racket very much and was about to buy it when I saw that the C 10 is very cheap at the moment (I could get 3 C 10's for the price of 2 Tour 10's). So now my question is, do these two rackets really differ that much or are they similar in some ways? After comparing the facts of both rackets, they do not seem to be totally different.
So, what would you suggest: buy the Tour 10 MP or the C 10?

I mostly play from the baseline. My swing style is long and fast and I play with lots of topspin. The reason why I want new rackets is because the Wilsons were too light and I want to have a heavier racket with more control.

Thanks very much :)

dh2507
05-30-2005, 02:34 PM
No suggestions?

Brent Pederson
05-30-2005, 04:05 PM
The C10 is the better of the two rackets, imo. It's more comfortable, has better touch and feel. Overall, I would say it's a touch softer than the tour 10. Both great rackets, but there's no question for me, I'd get the c10's, even if they were more than the tour 10s.

montx
05-30-2005, 04:12 PM
I personally play with the Tour 10, I have never tried the C10, but I will say this, the T10 MP Gen II, is my golden egg so to speak as far as any tennis racquet I have touched. From my point of view it is better than the LM Radical Tour MP, and the Flexpoint Radical Tour and MP. But that is my valuation of it. Other people may see it differently. I like the stability and dampening of the volkl. I think the shock and vibration is minimized (very arm friendly) and the lack of technology and stiffness makes it a good blocking racquet. I find that on top of being of solid weight, being stable, it has a lovely light swingweight which allows you to whip at the ball without fear. I also found no issues with the regular head shape rather than trying out something with technology. The sensor tour handle is probably the best part of the racquet, along with the Klip grip that I use, to reduce extra shock.

NoBadMojo
05-30-2005, 06:57 PM
dh one of your keywords was 'control' and i think the c10 has a little better control along with less power than the t10. they both do everything well i believe w. the t10 feeling firmer in the hoop. but...for a baseliner, i think the t10 is a better choice. they are two great frames and you should demo both i think..they play quite a bit differently and have really differing feels..i wouldnt buy the c10 without demoing it...it's got a unique feel..very flexible in the hoop..if you cant demo i would just buy the t10's since you like them..any frame from the 10series is a fine frame i believe. you really cant blame your frame when you miss when you play one of these

iscottius
05-30-2005, 08:02 PM
I agree with nobadmojo, If you are playing primarily from the baseline, the t10 would be a better choice, If you are playing an all court game, the c10--reason's --the slightly stiffer upper hoop in the t10 will aid in power/control, the softer hoop in c10 will benefit in touch/feel volley.

I also agree that you need to demo---afterward you will know that there is no better racquet than the c10 pro

S

dh2507
05-30-2005, 10:39 PM
dh one of your keywords was 'control' and i think the c10 has a little better control along with less power than the t10. they both do everything well i believe w. the t10 feeling firmer in the hoop. but...for a baseliner, i think the t10 is a better choice. they are two great frames and you should demo both i think..they play quite a bit differently and have really differing feels..i wouldnt buy the c10 without demoing it...it's got a unique feel..very flexible in the hoop..if you cant demo i would just buy the t10's since you like them..any frame from the 10series is a fine frame i believe. you really cant blame your frame when you miss when you play one of these
Maybe I shlould go for the C 10, since my coach tells me all the time to be more attacking and play more on the net. So this could be a good reason to change my way of playing ;)