PDA

View Full Version : Volkl C10 Pro Tour 93" vs Volkl T10 V-Engine Mid 93"

newnuse
05-30-2005, 10:06 AM
I've been hitting with the C10 Pro Tour and have been very impress with it. It's very stable with good spin and control. My forehand tends to fly long, but I'm pretty sure it's operator error.

I'm curious about the T10 V-Engine Mid 93". The local shop does not have one for demo.

How does it compare to the C10? Which one do you prefer?

Thanks

newnuse

jayserinos99
05-30-2005, 10:12 AM
I had both for some time. I am using the T10VE mid now. For me, the feedback from the C10PT was too much for me (hurt my arm a bit) so I went with the T10VE because it is a bit stiffer in the upper hoop. As far as spin and power goes, they're both similar; the operator has to generate the racquet head speed to get the desired results. Others may say that the T10VE has problems serving, but I've never had that problem so far.

newnuse
05-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Jay99,

Interesting, I thought the C10 PT was known for being very muted. I though it was very easy on the arm due to this.

One thing I like about the C10 PT is the spin I can generate on my serves. It allows me be very aggressive on my second serves.

Does the V-Engine give as much spin?

jayserinos99
05-30-2005, 05:07 PM
The T10VE didn't have as much spin as the C10PT, but it's negligible IMO. You have to have good mechanics and swing out to get good spin out of both sticks. If you were to switch, you wouldn't have much problem except the feel. The T10VE has a stiffer feel in the upper hoop that you may or may not like. I'd see if TW has a demo and give it a spin just for comparison purposes.

newnuse
05-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Is there any significant difference in the swingweight or manuerverability? The C10 is tad slow for me at the net.

Mies
05-31-2005, 12:22 AM
Is there any significant difference in the swingweight or manuerverability? The C10 is tad slow for me at the net.

I never hit with the C10 but did hit with the Tour 10 MP, Tour 10 MP Gen II and the V-E tour 10 MID.

Anyways, for a 12+ oz frame, the V-E tour 10 is very manouverable. It volleys like a dream. It has a swingweight of 318, which is only a few points higher than the Gen II. Both are very nimble sticks at the net, provided that you are used to wielding 12 oz. frames.

Regards,
Maurice

TommyGun
05-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Always liked my C10 PTs, but found them to feel "dead" if they were strung too tight. Feedback from the C10 was very good.

I've never hit with the Gen II, so can't tell you otherwise. C10 PT is basically the no-nonsense frame, no real "technology", just good old fashioned racquet that plays well.

Gonzalez88
07-27-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi, i have only a little question............for you is better the hibrid pro hurricane + X-cel premium or Prohurricane + conquest( i don't have much money so i can't buy the babolat's gut).
If you can advice me a better hibrid i'll be glad!!

Thank you

Gonzalez88

hoosierbr
07-27-2006, 12:55 PM
The C10 PT has bit more power than the VE Mid I think. Most likely due to its open pattern and extra heft. The PT is a sweet stick and is my main one at the moment before I switch in the next few weeks.

The VE Mid is a sweet hit too and easier to swing fast and maneuver - it's swingweight is significantly lighter, 318 as opposed to mid to high 330's. As a match or practive wears on the VE Mid becomes easier to handle off the ground. You can't be late with the PT otherwise balls will fly.

I did have trouble serving with the VE Mid and serve great with the PT. However, I think a good part of that is due to my serve being more consistent now - different motion and toss. Also, maybe it's psychological, I never serve well with a dense pattern frame. No Head's for me.

jck01
07-27-2006, 01:03 PM
This is a post I've been looking for! Thanks for continuing the thread, hoosierbr. No wonder no one was replying to my post about C10 ProTour and Tour 10 VE Mid.

mileslong
07-27-2006, 02:16 PM
would you guys trade a c10 pro tour for a dnx 10 mid? i have that option now and im thinking about it, any opinions?

mctennis
07-27-2006, 06:34 PM
I'll keep my C10 Pro Tours. Thanks anyway.

jayserinos99
07-27-2006, 08:46 PM
would you guys trade a c10 pro tour for a dnx 10 mid? i have that option now and im thinking about it, any opinions?

I'd keep the c10pt just because it's a rare stick but I feel that both frames are comparible and a demo of the dnx10 mid is probably the best bet.