PDA

View Full Version : Head Size Question

AngeloDS
05-30-2005, 10:12 AM
I was curious what's a good head size for someone who can generate a lot of self-power (swingweight, and power), and hits fairly flat on the forehand with a western grip. And does a lot of technical shots (drop, slice, volley) with a onehanded backhand.

I was using a Wilson nSix-One 95 racquet. It was great, I was hitting some balls right in the corners and got a lot of side spin. I'd hit to the opponents left corner (i'm right handed) and it'd curve right in the corners and it'd kick out.

It was an alright serving racquet.

I also tried a Babolat AeroPro Drive, and it was a wonderful racquet. I didn't feel I got a lot of power out of it from hitting flat. I didn't like it as a serving racquet either. But I really loved it for my backhand technical shots. It was almost perfect when it came to my backhands.

What would be a good head size to go for?

Michelangelo
05-30-2005, 11:16 AM
For those of who can generate plenty of own power as well as tend to hit flat balls, usually small headsize is to go.

Rickson
05-30-2005, 11:19 AM
90-95. Babolat's are 100 and are considered to be mid plus, but not oversize.

AngeloDS
05-30-2005, 07:58 PM
I was thinking of the 85, or 90... what would be the core differences between these:

Wilson nCode nSix-One Tour 90 Racquets
or
Wilson ProStaff 6.0 Original Racquets

90sq in, vs 85 sq in.

Michelangelo
05-30-2005, 09:35 PM
By meaning difference for the 2 you listed above, the numerical value of the headsizes are not quite important. Basically you hafta realize that they're products of completely 2 different eras.