PDA

View Full Version : Ektelon Model D

CallowMethuselah
09-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey guys, I've been a forum lurker for a while now. I just purchased an Ektelon Model D (which the seller thought was a Model H...until I drove down to purchase it)

I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. I can't even seem to fit my 95 sq. in. MP Wilson Pro Staff 6.1 Classic frame on the 2 pt mounting system. Does anyone know where I can find a manual or something that could point me in the right direction? Some way to check the calibration or even make sure I'm using it correctly? I read that there's an upgrade kit that's no longer available, but very helpful for today's frames. It's been years since my organized playing days, when I used a cheap Klipper stringing machine. I thought I got a good deal on this one, and I know it's a quality machine, but this is a bit frustrating.

jim e
09-06-2010, 04:45 PM
From what I heard over the years was that you needed either the model H or newer, or the updated kit for the older versions like the model D with update kit in order to properly mount and string the larger racquets of today. Tennis machines dot com was one of the last companies that had the updates, and they no longer have had them for a while now.
Fortunately this poster here may have a solution for you, as it seems like he made up his own kit to mount another brand mounting system on a model D, and have the longer glide bar set ups for the update. You may wish to contact him. The link is below, and was just posted here a couple days ago! Good luck.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=345933

He also posted on g r a n d s l a m s t r i n g e r s dot com on their forum . It looks like a decent solution to the model D, and it will give you 6 point mounting on an Ektelon.There are no other updates I am familiar with that are even available.

MAX PLY
09-07-2010, 03:42 AM
I believe Jim is correct. You might have been able to mount it on a DE or an F but pretty sure not a D. Check out the resources Jim mentioned--likely your best hopes. Good luck.

mars76
09-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Hi,

Yes as of now there is no one providing the Upgrade kits for pre H Models of Ektelon.

I contacted David 110 for upgrade kit and he is looking for three or four guys so that he can start manufacturing these kits.He also posted it in string forum DOT net and I responded to his post.

Just respond to his post and if enough people show interest we can get those kits..

thanks..

David 110
09-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks again to everyone for the interest in the Model D upgrade kit. 5 kits will be available for testing in two weeks. Mar76 will be the first tester (using an Ektelon Model DE) and I am really looking forward to his feedback. It would be nice to have one or two other testers to provide additional feedback.

An updated youtube video will be posted when the 5 kits arrive. The video will show more detail on how easy this kit is to install on the Ektelon machines. This is a bolt on kit and no permanent changes are required to the Ektelon machine which can be returned to its original configuration if needed. (although, it is very unlikely that anyone would want to go back to the original mounting posts)

David110