PDA

View Full Version : Exo3 Rebel 95

Djlpenguin
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
It there a special way to string it because it doesn't have grommets? How much to measure for the short side?

gavna
09-06-2010, 05:45 PM
The only thing is when u are at the crosses about 1/3 of the way you will need to start locking the head so it does not swivel as u pull - go to prince.com and print out the stringing instructions they have a few photos as well to help when u string with the ports.

jim e
09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
It there a special way to string it because it doesn't have grommets? How much to measure for the short side?

Here is the Prince site
http://princetennis.com/exo3/stringinginstructions/exo3_rebel_95_si.pdf

Djlpenguin
09-06-2010, 06:01 PM
it give the length for two piece stringing. Do i have to do 2 pieces or can i only do one piece. If so, how long should the short side be?

Djlpenguin
09-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I also dont get the table break thing...

jim e
09-06-2010, 06:32 PM

Look at the link from Prince that I posted above.
It shows pictures of why you need to use a brake, as not to damage the grommet system, as the racquet will rotate on the top few cross strings,and the string will not sit properly through the O port, and locking the brake in the proper position so the string exits properly like in the picture shown in that link.

Irvin
09-07-2010, 05:01 AM

Do you have a brake on your stringer? It prevents the table from turning. This way you can lock the table where you want it and then pull tension holding the string in the proper position for stringing. If you do not have a brake your other options are to use a boomerang or the 2 piece 50/50 method. There are presently boomerangs two for the O3 rackets and two for the EXO3 rackets. The dark gray and red are for the EXO3 rackets. Here is what the boomerangs are

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp304/Irvin44_2008/HPIM2998.jpg

Here is a link to a video for the 2 piece 50/50 method:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Irvin1944#p/a/u/1/hJHwgzRR_gw

I would suggest you not use a sharpie cap or other similar type of spacer to separate the string as you may very well damage the grommets.

Irvin

Djlpenguin
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
should i just not clamp it right next to the grommets?
Haha, im kind of dense.

Djlpenguin
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
note, i have flying clamps

Irvin
09-07-2010, 04:33 PM
should i just not clamp it right next to the grommets?
Haha, im kind of dense.

Only if you want to rip out the pin holes.

Irvin

Irvin
09-07-2010, 04:38 PM
note, i have flying clamps

Does not matter if you use the boomerang or the 2 piece 50/50. For the 2 piece 50/50 pull the two center string and clamp on the far side from the tension head. The double pull the lower string and the next string down and clamp on the two strings again away from tension head on the far side. Then pull the top most string and clamp as near the tension head as you can with the first clamp you used. Pull the next string up and clamp again with the first clamp used as close to the tension head as you can. Continue to the top using the same clamp, and tie off the top cross. Then go down from the center to the bottom of the racket.

If you have a starting clamp it is a lot easier.

Irvin

Djlpenguin
09-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Okay, so i don't have to alternate?

Irvin

I don't get it. I've been clamping right next to the grommets for all my racquet and none of them have problems... is it just the Exo3 line?

struggle
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM

Irvin

i've strung my speedport blacks (pinholes) several times without using a boomerang or brake, the talk of tearing the grommets is WAY overstated.

it just won't happen unless you are very negligent, sorry to say.
unless your name is david123, that is. he seems quite capable of doing just that.

Irvin
09-08-2010, 03:14 AM
^^ 'tbuggle' do you have pin hole grommets at the 12 and 6 o'clock position or are they all around the racket? I mean do you have them at 3 and 9 o'clock too?

Irvin

struggle
09-08-2010, 09:05 AM
^^ 'tbuggle' do you have pin hole grommets at the 12 and 6 o'clock position or are they all around the racket? I mean do you have them at 3 and 9 o'clock too?

Irvin

yes i use the string hole grommets, not the oport grommet. "pinholes" all the way around the racket. granted, you do tug on the pinholes abit, but i just don't see that they will tear out. perhaps over time that may change as they wear.