PDA

View Full Version : AG 603GB Gripper (similar to Eagnes EAG-350)

airman88
09-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Sorry for asking so many questions, I am used to my previous Gamma 5003 just working.

I have two problems with the string gripper (and marring string isn't one of them).

1) The gripper is below the racket mounting system and you pull down on the string to put it through the gripper. But the angle of the gripper is not too steep so it is not so easy to change the angle of the string to go inside the grip. I thought about fabricating my own little diablo, but i read on another thread that this throws off the calibration. Is there another way to fix this, can I change the angle of the gripper by loosening the screws?

2) When I used to use the Gamma 5003, the string gripper automatically tightened onto the string when I turned the knob. But the AG 603GB doesn't do this. I need to use my thumb to push the gripper in slightly to get the grip started and then it works. I see that I do not have the little spring-loaded knob at the back of the gripper that was on my 5003 to adjust how tight it gripped the string. Am I missing a piece or is this spring just not on this model?

dancraig
09-06-2010, 07:57 PM

airman88
09-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Is there a response there, if there is, I can't seem to see it.

dancraig
09-07-2010, 12:53 AM
If you enlarge this photo, it looks like the AG 603GB does have the spring and screw on the gripper.

http://www.eagnas.com/maxgen1/ag603gb.html