PDA

View Full Version : Wise Help Please.

gflyer
09-07-2010, 08:02 AM
I got some extra bucks and decided to buy a Wise 2086.
What is the difference between the one sold by TW and the one sold directly from the manufacturer?
I'd like to buy from TW but I want to be sure I am not missing anything.
Moreover, I understood from another thread that there is an issue with the diablo. What is the issue and how do I know if I get the old or new one?
One last question, I have an Eagnas Plus 6500 (it's a crank). The wise should fit without any adapter, right?
Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
g.

Irvin
09-07-2010, 08:09 AM
There is no difference - I think the diablo issue has been fixed - the Wise should fit right on the crank rail. One small issue. When I put the Wise on my Eagnas I lost the 360 racket rotation.

Irvin

gflyer
09-07-2010, 08:13 AM
There is no difference - I think the diablo issue has been fixed - the Wise should fit right on the crank rail. One small issue. When I put the Wise on my Eagnas I lost the 360 racket rotation.

Irvin

Thank you Irvin for your quick and exhaustive response.
[deleted]
Cheers,
g

gflyer
09-09-2010, 02:45 PM
Just ordered the Wise 2086 from TW.
Any suggestions/tips on what I should check upon arrival?
How do I know if I have the old or new diablo?
And how do I know if I got the latest model?
Sorry for my naive questions but this is my first electronic stringer.
Thank you.
Cheers,
g

rich s
09-09-2010, 06:02 PM
New diablo looks like this:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=340006

Rabbit
09-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes, Mr. Wise kindly provided me with one. It is perfect.

gflyer
09-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Thank you guys.
Going back to the 360 rotation.
My Plus 6500 has an extra long tensioning track.
Can I do something like this?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=2356321&postcount=1
Isn't the tension head too far from the racquet?
thank you.
cheers,
g

rich s
09-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Thank you guys.
Going back to the 360 rotation.
My Plus 6500 has an extra long tensioning track.
Can I do something like this?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=2356321&postcount=1
Isn't the tension head too far from the racquet?
thank you.
cheers,
g

you could do that, but you may have issues where the string isn't long enough to reach the gripper as you get to the last mains or last crosses....

In that case you could move the tensioner closer, but I find that I don't miss 360* rotation on my machine......

gflyer
09-10-2010, 09:26 AM
you could do that, but you may have issues where the string isn't long enough to reach the gripper as you get to the last mains or last crosses....

In that case you could move the tensioner closer, but I find that I don't miss 360* rotation on my machine......

Thank you rich s.
I think I will go without 360 rotation. It is not a big deal.

Irvin
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
^^ Yes the 360 rotation is not a big deal I agree but they way you have it set up now with the Gamma 2" extension you get different angle of string depending on which string you are pulling tension on. If the Wise was 2" lower the angle would be more consistent and you would have 360 rotation. You may want to consider getting the diablo, taking off the extension, and moving the tension head closer to the turntable.

Irvin

gflyer
09-10-2010, 10:18 AM
^^ Yes the 360 rotation is not a big deal I agree but they way you have it set up now with the Gamma 2" extension you get different angle of string depending on which string you are pulling tension on. If the Wise was 2" lower the angle would be more consistent and you would have 360 rotation. You may want to consider getting the diablo, taking off the extension, and moving the tension head closer to the turntable.

Irvin

That is not my machine. I have an Eagnas and I have to setup my wise tonight.
THat is from another poster that had a similar question.

Irvin
09-10-2010, 10:24 AM
^^ OK then even without the extension you don't have 360 ratation then. The racket sits lower on an Eagnas and it will always hit the Wise.

Irvin

gflyer
09-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Thank you Irvin.
I'll post pictures tonight just to double check that I installed it correctly.
cheers,
G.

rich s
09-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Irvin

Irvin, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying above in RED.

Can you elaborate?

rich

Irvin
09-10-2010, 12:01 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2d2916u.jpg

In the picture above there is a light grey extension below the tension head above the black piece that mounts on the track. If you take the extension out and mount the tension head directly on the black piece it will be 2" lower.

Irvin

rich s
09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2d2916u.jpg

In the picture above there is a light grey extension below the tension head above the black piece that mounts on the track. If you take the extension out and mount the tension head directly on the black piece it will be 2" lower.

Irvin

Irvin....I recognize what the aluminum strap/bar/plate is doing and how it will allow 360* rotation......

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by/with: "the angle will be more consistant" part of the statement......

rich

rich s
09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
double post..............

Irvin
09-10-2010, 01:21 PM
OK when you pull tension on the Gamma machine with no extension the Wise is 2" lower. The string in the racket is level and 2" above the Wise Gripper. The string also goes through the Wise gripper level too. Before the extension or the diablo this case the gripper to damage the string because it would slip in the front edge of the gripper when tension was pulled.

Now for the more angle consistancy. When the gripper is raised to be level with the stringbed the strings in the center of the racket are pulled straight while mains on the outside are pulled at an angle. Again when you pull crosses at the top and bottom of the racket the angle is greater than in the center of the racket where they are straight. If the extension were not used you could have more of a constant angle down to the tension head. Whether it goes straight down or at an angle would not matter since it is just bending around the racket grommet.

I don't really like the extension or the Wise diablo because I think there are disadvantages to each but not using one or the other is even worse with the Wise unit on a Gamma machine.

Irvin