PDA

View Full Version : N Code Tour 90

Simbah2004
05-30-2005, 04:31 PM
I usually like TW's racquet reviews. I honestly think they were dead on with the Pro Staff Original 85. I've been playing with that for years.

Wilson releases the N Code 90 and discontinues the 85. Their review of the Tour 90 is quite scary, none of the playtesters seemed to have liked it. Does the n code Tour 90 have any advantage over the 85 that is worth playtesting? I'd appreciate feedback from those who switched and didn't.
Thanks.

ffrpg
05-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Depends on what you would call an advantage. The nCode 90 is more powerful and flexible than the PS 85. The nCode 90 lacks the solid feel that the PS 85 has at the net. The sweetspot on the nCode 90 is much more generous than the PS 85's sweetspot. The nCode 90 has more pop and I can serve much better with the nCode 90. There's no real reason to switch from the PS 85 to the nCode 90, unless you want more power, something less demanding, or want a more comfortable racquet to play with from day to day. I carry both racquets in my bag. If I decide to play a baseline game, I use my nCode 90. If I play against a person that requires me to S&V, I'll use the PS 85. On a really good day, I'll use the PS 85. It really depends on how focused I am.

supersmash
05-30-2005, 04:44 PM
it has more of a muted feel.

Simbah2004
05-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys. I play mostly from the baseline, and don't volley much, just for easy putaways. Shame on me!!! (:
I'd say I'm mostly a counter puncher, going after all shots with lots of speed.
I can set up wicked angles with my forehand , so I can put the ball away with my weapon (double handed backhand).
Yes, I could use something more comfortable than the 85 and could sacrifice feel at net.

SAMPRAS
09-09-2005, 07:27 AM
HI GUYS i play with Head i.Prestige 630sm but i whant to change it so
i read that the n code is super racket with traditions (the sampras one)
and this is an upgrate model yam??
Doy you think it is a better one than the Head i am 2 m so i play 30% S&V and 70% a the base line because i am 16 but in the future i will play only S&V
so what do you think to make the change??
I am little scary because it is littlebit heavier 351 so??
Thanks for your opinion

armand
09-09-2005, 08:47 AM
HI GUYS i play with Head i.Prestige 630sm but i whant to change it so
i read that the n code is super racket with traditions (the sampras one)
and this is an upgrate model yam??
Doy you think it is a better one than the Head i am 2 m so i play 30% S&V and 70% a the base line because i am 16 but in the future i will play only S&V
so what do you think to make the change??
I am little scary because it is littlebit heavier 351 so??
Thanks for your opinionThey are quite different racquets, I think mainly to do with the string pattern. I wouldn't change unless I've tried the new racquet.
So, what's wrong with the i.Prestige you are using now?

SAMPRAS
09-10-2005, 03:12 AM
I don't like it because i have no feeling with it so ??I think it's a gut one the n-code so??The head have no power you know like i don't know how to say this!
The n-code -when i play with it i feel better swing and slise so i feel the better game!
But you know i play with a bad string so this is maiby the problem??A pro's pro one 1.25mm ??
I don't know what to do ??

Flatspin
09-10-2005, 05:08 AM
If your thinking that the N Code will have more feeling than the i Prestige ...... look elsewhere. Next week I will hit with the N Code tour 90 ....... I've hit with one for about 20 minutes ...... I liked it. For me, it wasn't demanding. I thought it easy to play with.

backhand_finish
09-10-2005, 06:16 AM
hey flatsn how did the i prestige mid feel compared to the tour 90? power wise?

OnyxZ28
09-10-2005, 09:27 AM
the i.Prestige is much, much more powerful than the Cardboard 90.