PDA

View Full Version : Barricade 6, Mi addidas experience

Tennis_Monk
09-08-2010, 09:17 AM
With great anticipation, i got a customized Mi addidas Barricade 6 (complete with my trade mark lettering and etc etc).

Until that point, i was using Babolat All court 4 (always a big fan of Babolats)

So far i used the shoe 3 times In last 3 months. First time i used , it felt great on court, felt it was a little roomy but nothing out of ordinary.

However the next day, i woke up with big swelling on my right ankle. After 2 days of Ibuprofen and following REST, i saw a doctor. Bloodtests, Xrays, MRI all came up negative and doctor put me on AntiInflammatories and antibiotics.

Basically i got sidelined for 4 weeks.

Finally after i felt i could run , i started playing again. First two days i played with babolats (no real reason other than that i want to use Barricades for match) and then on third day i played with Barricade 6. Felt great on court again.

Next day , it is my left leg with lots of swelling. Because of all the NSAID's i am already taking for right ankle, i knew what to do....went to doctors and after a few visits (xrays , bloodtests all showed negative) , doctors were almost contemplating Arthritis (Rhumatoid) or whatever. THis doctor was interviewing me in detail and eventually it occured to us that the common and NEW factor in both situations is the Shoe.

4 more weeks of rest and now i am back to playing tennis. Hesitant to use the Barricade's i stuck with Babolat for now.

My question to you guys is....
I have seen comments on Barricade6 from various users, who said Arch support is high, weight is high(16.7 ounces) , etc.
Does anyone else have similar experience? is there anything i can do with this shoe? -- it is not that i cant ditch this shoe , but i put some emotional currency into it by customizing it to the way i wanted it and also like how it played on the court.

====

Another piece of information::
Babolat shoes weigh around 13.5 ounces; Barricade6 are around 16.7 ounces. approx difference of 3.2 ounces (90 grams) a foot.

heat010
09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Hi,

I ordered a custom pair of V's last year and a pair of VI's this year and had absolutely no fit problems with each.

In fact I felt the V's had a bit more arch support than the VI's, but since I have a normal arch both pair felt fine. The VI's felt a tiny bit wider actually, but extremely light and comfortable.

Maybe you may need an orthotic to compensate? Just a thought.

Panic492
09-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I was a HUGE fan of the BV's. I had to ditch the BVI's-lost every single one of my toenails (except pinkies) after I started playing in them. My toes even 2 months later are such a mess from those shoes.

10ACE
09-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes the barricade 6 has tons more arch support then the 5's I was shocked how high the 6's arch was- maybe this could be causing your issues?

CesarMorales92
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
So what are you going to do with your barricades ??

Tennis_Monk
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
So what are you going to do with your barricades ??

I cant think of many options. May be i will tinker around with Insoles/inserts (put in a Dr.Scholls or etc) and try it. I might wait on trying that thing as i cant afford to lose any more time due to injuries. Gotta be ready for try outs and a tourney in a few weeks.

Anyone have better ideas?

adidasman
09-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Next time, I'd try the standard shoes out before spending the big bucks on the miadidas version. I know that doesn't help, but that's a huge roll of the dice. Can you wear them for just knocking around?

TennisKid1
09-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Im probably guessing that you havent broken them in completely. Playing with new shoes might be detrimental to you because the Barricades are known for their stiffness at purchase

Tennis_Monk
09-22-2010, 06:56 PM
I have a bought a new Asics Gel pair. Played two matches so far and no issues.

Functionally i love the Asics gel. Shoe has great traction, great fit and extremely mobile on the court.

I just wasnt that happy with their colour schemes. I bought them at a local store.

On one side i have a 150$ shoe that gives me all sorts of issues but has great LOOKS (obviously coz i customized it) and another side i have a fairly good functional shoe but doesnt have the Killer looks i wanted.

JasonPlaysTennis
09-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Nike > Adidas, all the time

Tennis_Monk
09-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Nike > Adidas, all the time

I am not biased to either at this moment but i thought Barricades are the most sought after shoe in the market today?

hcb0804
01-31-2011, 06:07 PM
I was a HUGE fan of the BV's. I had to ditch the BVI's-lost every single one of my toenails (except pinkies) after I started playing in them. My toes even 2 months later are such a mess from those shoes.

Guys, I'm tellin' ya, you cannot wear the same size in the B6 as the 5. The 6's are running a half size smaller than the 5's. I wear a size 11 in the 5's, and 11.5 in the 6's, and I am lovin' my Barricade 6's. I bought a black pair with the blue trim, have worn them every day for 2 weeks to break them in, wore them to play in Saturday, and they fit like a glove, and are very comfortable.
I suspect that the above complaint is from trying to wear the same size in the B6 as the B5, so your B6's are too small, hence the lost toenails.

Gasolina
01-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Guys, I'm tellin' ya, you cannot wear the same size in the B6 as the 5. The 6's are running a half size smaller than the 5's. I wear a size 11 in the 5's, and 11.5 in the 6's, and I am lovin' my Barricade 6's. I bought a black pair with the blue trim, have worn them every day for 2 weeks to break them in, wore them to play in Saturday, and they fit like a glove, and are very comfortable.
I suspect that the above complaint is from trying to wear the same size in the B6 as the B5, so your B6's are too small, hence the lost toenails.
i wear the same sizes on my B6's and my B5's.

You just can't make generalizations based on your or several elses experiences.

Try the shoe out, if it fits then fine, if not then return it.

Herdsman76
02-01-2011, 12:53 PM
I must say that my custom B6s fit me like a glove. I also have a couple of the regular B6s in the Black/blue trim and the Black/Intense Green trim and they all fit the same. I guess Adidas must have measured my feet in my sleep or something because the break in time was next to nothing.

Cheers!

H76

adidasman
02-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Nike > Adidas, all the time Nope. I wouldn't say that adidas is always better than Nike for everyone, and you see what I call myself. Why make such absurd statements?