PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DC+ Turntable Wobbles

*breaksracquet
09-09-2010, 10:52 AM
hey guys, is there a way to tighten the turntable for my Alpha Pioneer DC+? it appears to be wobbling back and forth a considerable amount. I never noticed it before really until now and I don't remember it wobbling in the past. I have used the allen wrench for underneath the machine, but it only makes the turning mechanism tighter and doesn't really reduce the wobble. Any suggestions? Should I just contact Alpha? thanks for your help.... :)

*breaksracquet
09-10-2010, 06:58 AM
I called Alpha today and got a hold of Mark. I told him of my situation and he said that it sounded like a bearing inside may have broke. He explained that this is very easy to fix and easier to fix than the spring clutch system. He got my information and, again, he is sending out new bearings package free of charge. All I can say is that if you buy one of their systems, you are in for one of the best customer service departments ever when it comes to stringing machines.

schenkelini
09-10-2010, 07:17 AM
I doubt it is a broken bearing. I have an Laserfibre Quantum TT, and from the pictures it appears to be the same turntable. I had the same problem. Here is the fix. Take the four allen bolts off from the top and remove the turntable. There is a retainer that holds the bearing. If you hold it and tighten the bolt underneath this will take up the play that causes the wobble. Just don't go to tight. Put the turn table back on and you are good to go.

MuscleWeave
09-10-2010, 11:42 AM
+1 for Mark

drb
09-10-2010, 12:14 PM
+2 for Mark... Not to hijack the thread, but my Alpha Revo 4000 tension head locked up early this summer in the middle of a string job. Since my Revo was over 6 months old, he did not send me a brand new tension head, but he DID send me a loaner while he fixed mine.

Excellent customer service and my total down time was the 3 days it took to receive the loaner via UPS.

I trust Mark and would not hesitate to do business with Alpha again, solely for the customer service.

So, if Mark thinks the bearings are bad, I'm betting they are... and be thankful you are dealing with a reputable company instead of another that shall remain nameless.

*breaksracquet
09-16-2010, 08:19 AM
I doubt it is a broken bearing. I have an Laserfibre Quantum TT, and from the pictures it appears to be the same turntable. I had the same problem. Here is the fix. Take the four allen bolts off from the top and remove the turntable. There is a retainer that holds the bearing. If you hold it and tighten the bolt underneath this will take up the play that causes the wobble. Just don't go to tight. Put the turn table back on and you are good to go.

Done and done! I did as suggested and yes, it was extremely loose. I used the allen wrench, hammer, and a large wristband to loosen the turntable bolts (wrapped the wristband around the allen wrench and tapped the allen wrench with the hammer until the bolts came loose. I couldn't loosen them with my arm strength= no muscles). Once I took off the turntable I flipped the mounting table on its side and tighted it (not too tight) with an adjustable wrench and a socket wrench. Put it back together and no more wobble :-D! Thanks schenkelini! Also, thanks to mark for the bearing piece.

gughi
09-22-2010, 05:01 PM
I have the same problem from quite a while. I sent an e-mail to Mark at Alpha Tennis <info@alphatennis.com> and I suggested the brocken bearing. In the past he was sending me a cluch spring for free, then I bought 2 extra - just in case..thanks breaksracquet

gughi
09-23-2010, 11:04 AM
A + for Greg too, @alphatennis. Is replacing Mark. He just answered next day and is shipping the bearing..