PDA

View Full Version : Just strung up an o3 racquet for the first time.

scotus
09-09-2010, 12:01 PM
O3 Tour MS.

Oh my, most of the non-O-port holes for the crosses are tiny and blocked off by the main string.

I had a wretched time stringing this up.

I had gut in the mains and attempted Rip Control for the cross, but no, Rip is not rigid enough to go through those blocked holes. Switched to Babolat Xcel Power to finish the job.

But boy, did I hate that job.

It better hit nice....

mikeler
09-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm so glad I moved away from those Prince rackets. Stringing them up was never much fun.

Snipergene
09-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Strung my first O (my daughter's Prince O3 Pink) this past weekend. No problem with a table brake.

Irvin
09-10-2010, 03:52 AM
O3 Tour MS.

Oh my, most of the non-O-port holes for the crosses are tiny and blocked off by the main string.

I had a wretched time stringing this up.

I had gut in the mains and attempted Rip Control for the cross, but no, Rip is not rigid enough to go through those blocked holes. Switched to Babolat Xcel Power to finish the job.

But boy, did I hate that job.

It better hit nice....

LOL - Which one were you stringing some are much easier than others. Soft string at the head and throat are a pain for some of them. If I am doing two piece with a soft strring especially I will install the top strings before I block holes with the mains. Then at the bottom I try to have extra string so I can install the last few crosses before pulling tension on them. A pathfinder awl works well too.

Irvin

scotus
09-10-2010, 07:04 AM
LOL - Which one were you stringing some are much easier than others. Soft string at the head and throat are a pain for some of them. If I am doing two piece with a soft strring especially I will install the top strings before I block holes with the mains. Then at the bottom I try to have extra string so I can install the last few crosses before pulling tension on them. A pathfinder awl works well too.

Irvin

Thanks for the tips.

I should definitely do that next time. Maybe acquire a pathfinder awl as well.

struggle
09-10-2010, 07:12 AM
i just did an O3 white the other day for the first time, much more pain in the arse than my O3 SP blacks (string hole grommets). the newer red boomerang tool worked fine.

for some reason, i kept feeding the crosses through the wrong port at the end (tension side). just a visual thing, kept fooling me...

Irvin
09-10-2010, 09:21 AM
'scotus' the pathfinder awl is a bad idea of you don't have grommets. Take for instance the 03 White 'tbuggle' is talking about. The tie off hole for that racket does not have grommets and the hole is block by the last main going up the racket. Best to insert the string to be tied off beflore pulling tension on the last couple of crosses.

BTW 'tbuggle' the red boomerang is for the EXO3 racket not the O3. The correct boomerang for the O3 White is the light grey one. But as long as the red one worked I guess it is ok.

Irvin

struggle
09-13-2010, 09:41 AM
BTW 'tbuggle' the red boomerang is for the EXO3 racket not the O3. The correct boomerang for the O3 White is the light grey one. But as long as the red one worked I guess it is ok.

Irvin

yeah, i know the red one is for an exo3, but my light grey one didn't seem to fit as well (and it's also listed as for an o3 red, not white. this was on the tool packaging that also came with the red throat grommet dampener - the dampener also doesn't fit the o3 white very well, abit too big.).
they did send me two lt. grey ones, both identical.

anyhow, i'm assuming maybe the orange one, which i don't have was made to fit the o3 white. not sure though as I don't have an orange, just red, grey (both exo3 tools) and light grey (O3 red, it seems).

anyhow, thanks again for the input.

Irvin
09-14-2010, 02:19 AM
If it is not the light grey should be the orange. I got me an orange one from Prince not too long ago. They may still have some left.

Irvin