PDA

View Full Version : RF Hat Fit

Noveson
09-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Does anyone wear these things backward? I usually wear the Featherlights, always backwards as I look stupid with them forward, and I was wondering if there's anyone out there who wears RF hats backward.

I am not able to see one in person before I order, so I was hoping for either a picture or just confirmation from someone that they fit fine to wear this way.

DELPO
09-09-2010, 07:31 PM
what's up cilic?

Noveson
09-09-2010, 07:35 PM
what's up cilic?

Woah it says you are a new user and I haven't been on here in forever. How do you remember that haha?

Noveson
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Ah come on guys I know you guys got em, help me out a little bit!

hpaiste
09-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Same over here pal. I wear normal Nike Dri-Fit hats all the time (featherlights that is) and I made the 'switch' to RF hats. Took awhile, but in the end they're the same in my opinion. RF hats are a different material, and therefore it gets sweaty and such. Also, the hat is 'stiffer,' it doesn't really mold to your head like the featherlights do. Just my personal experience. I ONLY wear my hats backwards. So I think we're in a similar position :)

Noveson
09-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Same over here pal. I wear normal Nike Dri-Fit hats all the time (featherlights that is) and I made the 'switch' to RF hats. Took awhile, but in the end they're the same in my opinion. RF hats are a different material, and therefore it gets sweaty and such. Also, the hat is 'stiffer,' it doesn't really mold to your head like the featherlights do. Just my personal experience. I ONLY wear my hats backwards. So I think we're in a similar position :)

It looks alright though? I wasn't sure if the RF hats were more molded or not, and whether they would look okay.

JoelDali
09-12-2010, 05:21 AM
The RF hats backward have served me well, but I recommend washing it once beforehand with a ton of fabric softener liquid to soften it up.

Also, the Isner Sphere hat is hands down the best backwards hat ever.

But they look horrible wearing them front wise, too narrowish and grannyish looking.

Backwards though, they are the new GHOAT.

Noveson
09-12-2010, 11:58 AM
The RF hats backward have served me well, but I recommend washing it once beforehand with a ton of fabric softener liquid to soften it up.

Also, the Isner Sphere hat is hands down the best backwards hat ever.

But they look horrible wearing them front wise, too narrowish and grannyish looking.

Backwards though, they are the new GHOAT.

Thanks for the tip, I'll make sure and do that. Yeah I've really wanted a sphere hat, actually is what got me back on these boards, haven't been on here in almost a year then came back cause I knew you guys would know where to find them. Too hard to get a hold of one though so going for the RF hat.

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 01:17 PM
The RF Hybrid hats are fine wearing backwards, but the front rumples up and looks like crap after you wash them.

They look sooooo nice when they are brand new.

Such a pity that they lose their shape when you wash them, and aren't still smooth.

J

JoelDali
09-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Knew u were a *******. U hot sexy beast.

I threw away my white and navy RF hats the other day.

After tons of washes the velcro gave up its ghost.

My IW grey/ref RF hasn't been washed yet. I'm scared I will give it to my laundry service and never see it again. They've lost stuff before and I would be suicidal if I lost my IW RF lid.

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Knew u were a *******. U hot sexy beast.

I threw away my white and navy RF hats the other day.

After tons of washes the velcro gave up its ghost.

My IW grey/ref RF hasn't been washed yet. I'm scared I will give it to my laundry service and never see it again. They've lost stuff before and I would be suicidal if I lost my IW RF lid.

I took my white and black one into the shower with me with ALL no dye, no perfume detergent, and distilled vinegar.

I am such a woman sometimes.

J

JoelDali
09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Theres a bar in Jackson Heights where you can be a woman a few nights a week if sometimes isn't enough. Let me know and I'll give up the name of the bar.

Noveson
09-12-2010, 01:47 PM
The RF Hybrid hats are fine wearing backwards, but the front rumples up and looks like crap after you wash them.

They look sooooo nice when they are brand new.

Such a pity that they lose their shape when you wash them, and aren't still smooth.

J

Wait so you guys disagree about whether or not to wash them?

JoelDali
09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Wait so you guys disagree about whether or not to wash them?

Nah, I washed mine over 50 times.

Its just a $20 hat.

Its all gonna be ok.

Noveson
09-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Nah, I washed mine over 50 times.

Its just a $20 hat.

Its all gonna be ok.

So the front of the hats will make it?

I'm going to school I can't just buy 40 hats like you guys do.

BreakPoint
09-12-2010, 03:40 PM
What's the point of wearing a hat backwards? :confused:

I always wear a hat when I play tennis on sunny days (which is almost everyday here in CA) to keep the sun out of my eyes. If the hats didn't have a bill/visor on them, I wouldn't wear one at all because what would be the point? The hat just makes my head hotter and sweat more, gets my hair all gross and sweaty, mattes down my hair and gives me hat hair, and probably gives me zits on my forehead. The hats also get tons of sweat stains that are hard to clean and become gross. So without the bill/visor, I would never, ever wear a hat so I don't get the wearing of the hat backwards.

kimguroo
09-12-2010, 03:48 PM
If you need a durability, you should get featherlight hats. If you buy three featherlight hats, you won't need to worry about anything until you graduate from your school. Spend $30-$50 to get three featherlight hats instead of one fed hat for $25.

JoelDali
09-12-2010, 03:49 PM
I guess I started wearing a hat backwards after seeing Fed do it many years ago. It looked cool and keeps sweat under control. And u can turn it around when yer serving on the sunny side. Suited me well in tourney on Saturday.

Noveson
09-12-2010, 04:27 PM

I always wear a hat when I play tennis on sunny days (which is almost everyday here in CA) to keep the sun out of my eyes. If the hats didn't have a bill/visor on them, I wouldn't wear one at all because what would be the point? The hat just makes my head hotter and sweat more, gets my hair all gross and sweaty, mattes down my hair and gives me hat hair, and probably gives me zits on my forehead. The hats also get tons of sweat stains that are hard to clean and become gross. So without the bill/visor, I would never, ever wear a hat so I don't get the wearing of the hat backwards.

Congratulations

If you need a durability, you should get featherlight hats. If you buy three featherlight hats, you won't need to worry about anything until you graduate from your school. Spend $30-$50 to get three featherlight hats instead of one fed hat for $25.

I have two featherlights I have had for a very long time. I was worried the RF hats would be too stiff to be worn backward, and JoeDali's idea for making it softer sounded good but I don't want to ruin the hat to do it. I'm fine with paying $20 dollars for an RF hat(many are $17 on TW I don't understand why you think they are so expensive) but obviously I don't want to ruin it. I don't wear them just for tennis.

JoelDali
09-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Both of mine mine lasted over a year each, worn so many times, washed so many times. It went thru hell and back. Won a few paperweights, made some enemies, lost a few lovers. The RF hat is immortal to those that wield its glory in the realms of righteousness.

The only thing that goes wrong is the velcro.

And of course after washing and drying 100 times its gonna freak out a lil' bit ya'll.

For the cost of a bag of dog food you get a year or so of use with the RF hats.

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 05:54 PM

I have been flying the backwards hat flag for a long time.

Sweat control, and preventing dome burn for those of us with buzz cuts.

Sometimes I wear a bandanna, but usually sport the backwards hat.

I don't like having anything in my field of vision, so the backwards hat is perfect.

J

kimguroo
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I have been flying the backwards hat flag for a long time.

Sweat control, and preventing dome burn for those of us with buzz cuts.

Sometimes I wear a bandanna, but usually sport the backwards hat.

I don't like having anything in my field of vision, so the backwards hat is perfect.

J

I totally agree.
When I started to playing tennis, I did not wear anything but when I started to playing league matches and running all the time. Sweat was the problem. Especially, during summer time was so bad. I tried bandana but I prefer hats.
Somewhat reason, I like wear hats backwards. A little bothered by vision. It's more mental issue though.

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I totally agree.
When I started to playing tennis, I did not wear anything but when I started to playing league matches and running all the time. Sweat was the problem. Especially, during summer time was so bad. I tried bandana but I prefer hats.
Somewhat reason, I like wear hats backwards. A little bothered by vision. It's more mental issue though.

I would have better luck walking on water than serving with my hat on forwards.

J

BreakPoint
09-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I guess I started wearing a hat backwards after seeing Fed do it many years ago. It looked cool and keeps sweat under control. And u can turn it around when yer serving on the sunny side. Suited me well in tourney on Saturday.
Really? But doesn't the hat make your head hotter and thus sweat even more? Also, how does wearing the hat backwards keep sweat under control? Where does the sweat go?

Noveson
09-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Really? But doesn't the hat make your head hotter and thus sweat even more? Also, how does wearing the hat backwards keep sweat under control? Where does the sweat go?

You really don't enjoy people not doing things your way huh. Gets deep under your skin.

Hey guys I want to make sure everyone wears their hat like I do.

BreakPoint
09-13-2010, 11:37 PM
You really don't enjoy people not doing things your way huh. Gets deep under your skin.

Hey guys I want to make sure everyone wears their hat like I do.
Um...no. Just wondering what the point of wearing something in a way that they were not designed to be worn is? There's a good reason why hats have bills/visors on them. It's the same reason why most people wear hats when it's sunny out but don't wear them at night or when they play indoors. It's also the same reason why baseball players wear baseball caps. You wouldn't wear your socks on the outside of your shoes, would you? So why wear a hat in a way that totally eliminates the main benefit of wearing a hat in the first place?

Noveson
09-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Um...no. Just wondering what the point of wearing something in a way that they were not designed to be worn is? There's a good reason why hats have bills/visors on them. It's the same reason why most people wear hats when it's sunny out but don't wear them at night or when they play indoors. It's also the same reason why baseball players wear baseball caps. You wouldn't wear your socks on the outside of your shoes, would you? So why wear a hat in a way that totally eliminates the main benefit of wearing a hat in the first place?

Sigh....get over it. We like how it looks? Does that offend you in some way? It is not like you are too stupid to understand why people wear them that way. Why do you feel the need to argue about it?

BreakPoint
09-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Sigh....get over it. We like how it looks? Does that offend you in some way? It is not like you are too stupid to understand why people wear them that way. Why do you feel the need to argue about it?
I wasn't arguing. I was just asking a simple question. One in which you chose not to answer but decided to attack me instead. Classy.

OK, so you wear it backwards for the look and not for its functionality. Like I said before, if hats didn't keep the sun out of my eyes, I would never wear them because everything else about wearing hats is such a negative and a PITA. So I guess some people just want a certain look rather than use the hat to serve a purpose like I do. That's fine. People should do whatever makes them happy. And, no, I don't wear my boxer briefs backwards, either. :) LOL

JoelDali
09-14-2010, 04:16 AM
Fedace, is that U?

Look, bandanas are lame if you're folically challenged. Not saying I am, well, maybe.

Headbands are idiotic. Look at Blake.

Play a few sets in 95 high humid weather sometime and you'll find your hat drenched.

Stop being tarted and accept this fashionably iconic phenomenon.

This has been discussed many times actually in this sub forum actually.

My God I need a life. Oh well its 8am and I'm still in bed with my lovely dog snoring on top of me. Things could always be worse then arguing about backwards hats with Fedace's Dad.

hcb0804
09-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Nike Sphere Isner/Berdych hat is the GHOAT, hands down! Your black sphere hat is on the way to you Priority Mail today JoelDali.

I got my hats from Hagerstown MD yesterday, popped on a black one, and left it on all day. So light and comfy....

bertiefactor
09-14-2010, 05:35 AM
i just apply sun screen from uv rays, i do wear caps the standard way but tend to reverse after a couple of games through the match- wearing cap forward personally hinders vision

shanx
09-14-2010, 08:20 AM
for those who would like to know, this hat is not made for those with any size head at all; I never thought I had a huge head but, this hat is wearable for me but snug at as far out as I can adjust the velcro. It is on the shallow side too (rides kind of high on my head). I like the style of this hat but I like the fit of the RF Hybrid and the Feather Light hats better.

Nike Sphere Isner/Berdych hat is the GHOAT, hands down! Your black sphere hat is on the way to you Priority Mail today JoelDali.

I got my hats from Hagerstown MD yesterday, popped on a black one, and left it on all day. So light and comfy....

what made you change your mind on this hat?

JoelDali
09-14-2010, 10:13 AM
This hat is really turning out to be a favorite.

Great fit and look I think.

http://niketennisstore.com/images/500/fa10_439649-100.jpg

Noveson
09-14-2010, 11:20 AM
I wasn't arguing. I was just asking a simple question. One in which you chose not to answer but decided to attack me instead. Classy.

OK, so you wear it backwards for the look and not for its functionality. Like I said before, if hats didn't keep the sun out of my eyes, I would never wear them because everything else about wearing hats is such a negative and a PITA. So I guess some people just want a certain look rather than use the hat to serve a purpose like I do. That's fine. People should do whatever makes them happy. And, no, I don't wear my boxer briefs backwards, either. :) LOL

Come on man. Everyone who knows you knows where you were going with that. Your poorly disguised attempts at criticizing people's choice of attire are annoying. You were asking a question you already know the answer to in order to attack other people's choices.

Anyway thanks for the help guys, I like the RF hats better that don't have "Federer" written over the back, and it just so happens those ones are all on sale for $15 dollars right now:) Will order one today.

kimguroo
09-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Come on man. Everyone who knows you knows where you were going with that. Your poorly disguised attempts at criticizing people's choice of attire are annoying. You were asking a question you already know the answer to in order to attack other people's choices.

Anyway thanks for the help guys, I like the RF hats better that don't have "Federer" written over the back, and it just so happens those ones are all on sale for $15 dollars right now:) Will order one today.

which color do you need? I might be able to help you.

BreakPoint
09-14-2010, 12:28 PM

Wearing of tennis hats backwards is a curiosity to me just as if some people here said they wore their pants backwards with the fly in the back, therefore, defeating the functionality and purpose of having the fly in the front. But if people prefer to wear their hats or pants backwards for the "look", then to each their own. Who am I to judge? I'm just explaining why I wear hats when I play tennis, even though I don't like wearing them, but they serve a very useful function in keeping the sun out of my eyes so I can see the ball better. (BTW, I also always wear sunglasses along with the hat). So, no, I'm not attacking other people's choices, although I don't personally like the backwards hat "look" myself, but obviously some people do and that's perfectly fine. Like I said before, people should do what makes them happy. :)

Oh, and I usually wear the featherlight hats to play tennis in and the thicker Nike or RF hats when I'm out in the sun but not playing tennis or other sports because the thicker hats would just make my head even hotter under the sun while I'm running around.

Noveson
09-14-2010, 12:37 PM
which color do you need? I might be able to help you.

I'm not totally sure which one I want haha. Do you have some you are wanting to sell or something?

Noveson
09-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Wearing of tennis hats backwards is a curiosity to me just as if some people here said they wore their pants backwards with the fly in the back, therefore, defeating the functionality and purpose of having the fly in the front. But if people prefer to wear their hats or pants backwards for the "look", then to each their own. Who am I to judge? I'm just explaining why I wear hats when I play tennis, even though I don't like wearing them, but they serve a very useful function in keeping the sun out of my eyes so I can see the ball better. (BTW, I also always wear sunglasses along with the hat). So, no, I'm not attacking other people's choices, although I don't personally like the backwards hat "look" myself, but obviously some people do and that's perfectly fine. Like I said before, people should do what makes them happy. :)

Oh, and I usually wear the featherlight hats to play tennis in and the thicker Nike or RF hats when I'm out in the sun but not playing tennis or other sports because the thicker hats would just make my head even hotter under the sun while I'm running around.

Fair enough. Yeah I'm not planning on playing tennis in the RF hats, would rather have the featherlights but I would use the RF hats for other things.

kimguroo
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm not totally sure which one I want haha. Do you have some you are wanting to sell or something?

Have white, mahogany (both with tags) and obsidian(new without tag).
Send me an email. I will give you slightly better price, since you are a student ^_^

Noveson
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Email sent kimguroo, might be in your junkbox though.