PDA

View Full Version : Gamma Progression II vs. Alpha Revo 4000

indyfob2008
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Which would you buy, given only these 2 machines to choose from?

(My new Revo 4000 has given me so much trouble, I am definitely thinking of returning it and switching over to the Gamma machine)

the list of problems keeps getting longer and longer. Am i being too patient/tolerant? I think most people would have returned the thing by now...I keep discovering missing parts or malfunctions every day...

:( Day 4 with Revo - still does not work...

drummerdan
09-11-2010, 07:11 AM
This surprises me. I have had this same machine for 2 years with 0 problems. You might want to contact Mark Gonzalez at Alpha. He is excellent to work with and answers your questions fast.

indyfob2008
09-11-2010, 07:26 AM
This surprises me. I have had this same machine for 2 years with 0 problems. You might want to contact Mark Gonzalez at Alpha. He is excellent to work with and answers your questions fast.

yeah, I was also surprised. maybe it was bad timing. perhaps the recession or these tough economic times, and they have had to lay off people, and it has affected the quality control. I highly doubt my machine went through thorough tests/inspection because the machine out of the box had problems... (parts not fitting together, shoulder support knobs not working correctly, etc. etc.)

Irvin
09-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I have had my Gamma for maybe three years now, and I haven't had one simple problem with it. If I ever need to get another machine it will be a Gamma. It is obvious you have had problems with your Alpha If you can return it just do it. You may have got that one in million that has problems but why keep the problems? Either return it for a replacement or get another machine.

Irvin

matchpoint7
10-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Gamma Progression II FC ~ by far, the highest quality drop weight strining machine on the market today! I concur with indyfod2008, I haven't even had a slight inconvenience, let alone a problem. This machine is an absolute (heavy duty) beast!

Can't go wrong with a Gamma.

mikeler
10-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Had my Gamma X-ST for 2.5 years. Still works great.

tennisace23
10-14-2010, 05:09 AM
Gamma Progression II FC ~ by far, the highest quality drop weight strining machine on the market today! I concur with indyfod2008, I haven't even had a slight inconvenience, let alone a problem. This machine is an absolute (heavy duty) beast!

Can't go wrong with a Gamma.

Is this the machine you have?

HitItHarder
10-14-2010, 05:28 AM
yeah, I was also surprised. maybe it was bad timing. perhaps the recession or these tough economic times, and they have had to lay off people, and it has affected the quality control. I highly doubt my machine went through thorough tests/inspection because the machine out of the box had problems... (parts not fitting together, shoulder support knobs not working correctly, etc. etc.)

That is disappointing to hear. You may have just recieved a bad machine. I have had my Revo for almost a year and have probably strung around a hundred racquets on it. I haven't had a single problem.

I would definately contact Alpha and see if they would send a replacement machine.