PDA

View Full Version : Head Classic midplus: what is the headsize?

AndrewD
05-31-2005, 04:35 AM
Does anyone know what the headsize is on these frames. As far as I know its called a Head Classic midplus or a Head Prestige Classic midplus. Its candy apple red in colour.

I had the feeling that it was larger than 98sq, however, a friend believes it is a 98sq. Had a look on the TW racquet finder and could only come up with something that was a midplus but 102sq in size

Anyone know the answer?

kv581
05-31-2005, 05:20 AM
yes, 102 sq in.

AndrewD
05-31-2005, 05:49 AM
kv581,

Thanks. So it didn't come in a 98sq? Does that mean the 98sq option is a relatively new one for the Prestige? Any idea when they introduced the 98sq option?

I do remember on certain of their wide-body frames they offered two options, a 660 and 720 or, for other models, a 600 and a 660. Im assuming then, that the Prestige was one of the ranges with the 600 (93sq) and a 660 (102sq).

Last question. Any idea how the 660 Prestige Classic plays?

Im currently using the LM Prestige mid but was offered two brand new (old stock) Prestige Classic 660's by our rep and thought they might be good for coaching purposes. My ex-girlfriend used to use a Head 660 Vision (?) and I always thought it was the perfect size for an oversize racquet. Not too big so that it was unwieldy, excellent for net play and still quite good on serves. Much better, I thought than the Prince oversize models -107sq (just feel that's too large a headsize). Not sure how my wrist would react to the larger head size but am very curious.