PDA

View Full Version : New 3 Tooth Clamp - Revo 4000

indyfob2008
09-11-2010, 12:26 AM
I can't seem to figure out how to use these clamps that Alpha sent me. How hard do you have to squeeze get the clamp to lock and stay on the string? I have tried adjusting th knob, but still can't figure out how to close the clamp...any suggestions?

drummerdan
09-11-2010, 07:06 AM
I have those exact clamps you have and have no problems. Start by adjusting the knob so it won't hold anything and then slowly increase the tension upwards until it holds enough for the string you are using. You will have to adjust the tension on the clamps based on the string gauge, type and amount of tension you are pulling. Also, make sure the part that holds the string while pulling is clean and doesn't have any dirt, oil, etc. Use rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab to clean it. Do this periodically.

Hope that helps!!

indyfob2008
09-11-2010, 07:29 AM
I have those exact clamps you have and have no problems. Start by adjusting the knob so it won't hold anything and then slowly increase the tension upwards until it holds enough for the string you are using. You will have to adjust the tension on the clamps based on the string gauge, type and amount of tension you are pulling. Also, make sure the part that holds the string while pulling is clean and doesn't have any dirt, oil, etc. Use rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab to clean it. Do this periodically.

Hope that helps!!

What about the 2 slots on each clamp that can be tightened or loosened with the small allen wrench?

indyfob2008
09-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Why does the turn-handle keep falling off? is there a way I can keep the handle on the tension head more stable?

tennisman917
09-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Why does the turn-handle keep falling off? is there a way I can keep the handle on the tension head more stable?

you have to push it in there

Centryx
09-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Yeah I had the same issue at first indyfob but you just have to adjust your clamps to the correct gauge then clench them hard...

if that is still a problem you might wanna try these
http://www.powerballshop.eu/powerball_lightning_red_800.jpg

or get one of these
http://www.ironcompany.com/ProductImages/heavygrips/heavygrip-lg.jpg