PDA

View Full Version : Nike...I know this is a lot to ask...

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 02:54 PM
But...could you possibly find the kindness to make clothes that have the same color, and color code...oh...I don't know...THE SAME COLOR?!?!

Thanks,

J

TennisKid1
09-12-2010, 02:58 PM
I agree completely. Its such a hassle too that they go to the trouble of making a color code, why not just make the colors match with blue being blue and red being red, etc.

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I know, I have like 30 teal items and nothing matches anything else.

What the heck is the point of spending for the shorts and shirt, and then they don't match each other and you end up having to wear your shirt with a black or white shorts anyway.

Or buy a jacket and it doesn't match the shirt or the short.

*Grumble*

J

AsaHartz
09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
But isn't it exciting when you get something like 3 years later that you realize matches something you have had forever! Like the university blue wristbands from this year's US Open match Federer's crew from the Spring Hard Court season in 2006. Just found that out a couple of days ago. It was awesome!

Some times you just gotta work for it.

The_Question
09-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Another major problem along w/this issue is...the matching shoes...shoes wear out easier than clothing, so unless you stock up like 4+ pairs of shoes, or run out of matching shoes, it's hard to find a pair shoes that match.

Then again, from Nike's stand point, it's far more cheaper/easier/brainless to use the entire color plate table than come up w/some radical designs w/the basic colors...

kimguroo
09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Sounds like Nike is doing exactly what they want to do.
Use all kind of different color codes so people continues to buy new color shoes, hats, apparels etc.....

Some color might be ridiculously similar but if you don't match the color code, Sometimes, it looks weird.

Cindysphinx
09-12-2010, 06:13 PM
You fellas match your shoes to your outfits?

bertiefactor
09-12-2010, 06:41 PM
we do make some attempt to complement our ensemble with the shoes

Prostaffer
09-12-2010, 06:44 PM
That's why I wish NIKE ID would come up with tennis shoes. I make my basketball shoes with a black/white base and mix in blue and red. matches everything, never fails. All white shoes are boring.

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 06:56 PM

Doesn't everyone?

J

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Another major problem along w/this issue is...the matching shoes...shoes wear out easier than clothing, so unless you stock up like 4+ pairs of shoes, or run out of matching shoes, it's hard to find a pair shoes that match.

Then again, from Nike's stand point, it's far more cheaper/easier/brainless to use the entire color plate table than come up w/some radical designs w/the basic colors...

Yea, ****es me off to no end.

They are constantly putting out shoes in bogus colors that only match one or two outfits.

I wish at the very beginning of a run of shoes, they would put out a black version and a white version. Black/white, white/black, white/navy. And then all of their damn neon/orange/purple/bizzare blue.

J

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 07:00 PM
But isn't it exciting when you get something like 3 years later that you realize matches something you have had forever! Like the university blue wristbands from this year's US Open match Federer's crew from the Spring Hard Court season in 2006. Just found that out a couple of days ago. It was awesome!

Some times you just gotta work for it.

LoL so true.

I got the Wimbledon ballistecs, and was like "What the heck do these match."

Scoured my closet, and lo and behold a white polo with dark purple accents from who knows when. I am guessing 2005 or 2006.

J

samster
09-12-2010, 07:08 PM
J,

Did you make it to the US Open this year?

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 07:12 PM
J,

Did you make it to the US Open this year?

I just went to practice one day for the qualies.

Got to see Fed practice with Monfils, and Gulbis practice with Berdych.

Got some awesome pics and slow mo video.

Didn't really want to take off from work and lose a days pay.

J

Cindysphinx
09-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I dunno. I have three pairs of shoes: White, black and gray/yellow. If I attempted to match my shoes to my outfits, I would need shoes in every color of the rainbow.

bertiefactor
09-12-2010, 07:32 PM
dam agitating not able to match exactly color to color head to toe, the colors are inconsistent, changes annually by nike

off topic, would you happen to share those pics you took, im intrigued

kimguroo
09-12-2010, 07:38 PM

Have huge collection of apparels and hats. About 10 pairs of shoes but I've only used one pair of shoes because of the shoes warranty. If I don't have any shoes under warranty, I might try to match shoe colors.

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 07:42 PM
off topic, would you happen to share those pics you took, im intrigued

Sure, I'll put them up later in the week.

J

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 07:48 PM
I dunno. I have three pairs of shoes: White, black and gray/yellow. If I attempted to match my shoes to my outfits, I would need shoes in every color of the rainbow.

The girls yell at me if my shoes don't match my outfit.

I had to fill in as a 4th in a 5.0/5.5 ladies doubles match and my friend said to one of the other ladies "Oh, you are going to love J, he is an accessory wh0re too!".

In mixed we communicate via text so that outfits match and such.

J

J011yroger
09-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Heck, for most outfits, I have matching track jackets or warmups too.

J

The_Question
09-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Side note, I see the thread of summer 2k11 is closed upon requested by Nike. Therefore I can only assume Nike had read these threads? If so, I hope Nike will fix the issues we all have w/their products...especially the fitting issue...

And yes, I try to...at least...somewhat match the clothing w/the shoes. I certainly don't want to wear, for example, Vapor V white/red + Fed polo 2k9 summer in teal together, yes?

J011yroger
09-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Side note, I see the thread of summer 2k11 is closed upon requested by Nike. Therefore I can only assume Nike had read these threads? If so, I hope Nike will fix the issues we all have w/their products...especially the fitting issue...

And yes, I try to...at least...somewhat match the clothing w/the shoes. I certainly don't want to wear, for example, Vapor V white/red + Fed polo 2k9 summer in teal together, yes?

Teal is a sore subject, why can't they have one teal color, so all the teal crap matches.

Also the womens stuff is a totally different teal. Would be nice if they released some of the mens and womens stuff in the same colors.

I know, I am really pushing it here with these absurdly difficult requests.

J

JT_2eighty
09-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Why keep wearing Nike then?

Are you all that opposed to Adidas, Puma, Fila, etc?

J011yroger
09-14-2010, 02:30 PM

Because I think they have the nicest clothes, and for 90% of the stuff it isn't an issue because the top and short are different colors.

I have a few Adidas things, and a lot of Lacoste. Not big on Puma or the new Fila stuff, but I do dig the vintage and the newer Fila stuff that is Vintage looking.

J

The_Question
09-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Teal is a sore subject,

Oh? How about that 10000 shades of red?

Nike fits me the best...mostly...not all. Adidas runs one size too large. Their small = medium in Nike. Adidas doesn't have XS so, that's out. Puma, I can't say enough how crappy their shoe traction (bad slip involving my car), hence, I refuse to endorse their product. Fila, can't stand Mr. James Over-the-hill Blake, and Fila endorse then, so I would never wear Fila...

Cindysphinx
09-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Hang on.

Nike can request that threads here be closed if they don't like what is posted?

Come on. That's can be true. Can it?

Cindy -- who avoids Nike because she thinks it is not worth the money, the sizing is inconsistent, the colors are inconsistent, the shelf bras are an abomination, and she can't see why she should pay a premium for a wristband because it has a swoosh on it

Noltae
09-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Ballistecs on nike I.D. thats what i want!

JRstriker12
09-15-2010, 09:34 AM
IMHO - I'm not bothered by slight variations in color. Plus you have to take into account that the texture, finishing, or material used may slightly affect the way colors appear on your shoes for example in comparison to your hat or shirt.

I find that as long as you stick to the basic colors, you usually can't go wrong and have the opportunity to mix and match, even across different seasons/years lines. For example, black or gray colored shorts will usually match up with almost any color top. White sweatbands usually go with anything and are easy to keep white with a little bleach if needed. Both my nike hats are white with balck swoosh/trim.

And just for the record, I like loud colors - I have the nadal green sleeveless and polo shirt and the bright blue ballistechs. Actually, while the blue isn't the same,they don't look to bad with this teal/gray shirt/short combo I bought a a year or two ago.

The_Question
09-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Hang on.

Nike can request that threads here be closed if they don't like what is posted?

Come on. That's can be true. Can it?

They don't like their new stuff to be leaked out to the public well before its release date...

XFactorer
09-15-2010, 02:49 PM
I think we need to rope a Nike rep into these forums! Someone who will hear our wants and desires, not just someone to tell TW to lock down forum threads.

chaddles
09-15-2010, 05:30 PM
They don't like their new stuff to be leaked out to the public well before its release date...

TW would probably have received a request from Nike to remove the thread, as they have very tight terms that authorised dealers (even TW) must abide by. Not sure if TW would investigate the OP at the request of Nike as they have been known to close accounts for the leaking of upcoming ranges.

Anyway back to topic, we in Australia probably only get to see a poofteenth of what is available in US so we don't get much of a colour variation due to the limited range. Some of the colours that we get are poor, especially this new red that we just got in..

J011yroger
09-16-2010, 03:36 AM
Oh? How about that 10000 shades of red?

Sure would be nice to wear one of my red jackets with something red...

And I have a couple pairs of red shorts that match nothing, so I end up having to wear them with white or black tops.

J

J011yroger
09-16-2010, 03:39 AM
IMHO - I'm not bothered by slight variations in color. Plus you have to take into account that the texture, finishing, or material used may slightly affect the way colors appear on your shoes for example in comparison to your hat or shirt.

Yea, I do understand about the shoes and hats and such, or even if wristbands/bandannas fade in the wash.

But if you have a shirt, and a short, and a jacket all the same color, all the same color code, and they aren't even in the same zip code, you look like a moron.

Nothing worse than wearing two things that are almost but not quite the same color.

Especially when that color is green.

Oh, and I think Nike hates green.

J

J011yroger
09-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Cindy -- who avoids Nike because she thinks it is not worth the money, the sizing is inconsistent, the colors are inconsistent, the shelf bras are an abomination, and she can't see why she should pay a premium for a wristband because it has a swoosh on it

Inconsistent sizing?

What?

You mean a grown man, closing in on 30, who is 6'3" isn't supposed to have to safety pin the waistband of his medium shorts to keep them from falling down?

I am extremely fortunate that because of the way I am built I can wear a lot of different sizes and they still look ok on me, but it would suck for others.

As far as not worth the money, I have something deep within me that revolts at the prospect of paying full price for anything. I have 5.5 shopping ability and a 4.0 budget.

J

The_Question
09-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Nothing worse than wearing two things that are almost but not quite the same color.

Yep, example, I've red wristband, bandana, polo. 3 different red items, with 3 different red colors... :-?

JRstriker12
09-16-2010, 07:13 AM
Yea, I do understand about the shoes and hats and such, or even if wristbands/bandannas fade in the wash.

But if you have a shirt, and a short, and a jacket all the same color, all the same color code, and they aren't even in the same zip code, you look like a moron.

Especially when that color is green.

Oh, and I think Nike hates green.

J

LOL! Green is my color. I have a bunch of nike green stuff.

*shrugs* Maybe I'm just color blind.

I guess I'm not really concerned if people notice it or not as long as I can live with it - which is kind of ironic since I usually rock an all-nike outfit and get sarcastic comments like (looks like you about to play center court...har...har....).

Anyway, IMHO - anyone that has a problem can fork over a few hundred to correct it, or they should audition for one of those fashion reality shows.

nyc
09-16-2010, 07:15 AM
you guys crack me up with the color matching.

I grab the top item on the shorts pile and the top item of the T-shirt pile.

I consider it an advantage if my opponent's eyes are burning from clashing colors.

samster
09-25-2010, 06:26 PM
I just went to practice one day for the qualies.

Got to see Fed practice with Monfils, and Gulbis practice with Berdych.

Got some awesome pics and slow mo video.

Didn't really want to take off from work and lose a days pay.

J

Have you put up the video and pics?

J011yroger
09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Have you put up the video and pics?

I put up the videos of Gulbis in the Gulbis fanclub thread, and they are on my vimeo, and the pictures are on my facebook, if you want to take a look.

J

J011yroger
09-25-2010, 06:55 PM
I will put up the roger and another gulbis video next week.

J