PDA

View Full Version : BABOLAT AERODRIVE "PLUS" owners reviews update?

twocents
05-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Thanks for ANY feedaback Good or Bad.
I'm thinking about buying one at the end of the week unless someone talks me out of it.

Rafa Nadal
05-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Do you play with Spin?
If Yes get the Aeropro its a very very good racquet, super power, and good control.
Nadal dominate the claycourt season with it :)

twocents
05-31-2005, 12:52 PM
RAFA, How much different is the Standard than the Plus? Is the Standard better? I haven't been able to demo the Standard yet but I think the Plus is awesome. thanks

Indiantwist
05-31-2005, 01:19 PM
I played with the Standard this long weekend. I liked the racquet..however here is my opinion for whatever it is worth.

My style :--> 3.5 , Good Serve, mostly flat hard strokes, Pushes,drops, lobs. I do use SW on FH and eastern on BH. My current stick (wilson hammer lt, 110 OS, 9.4Oz, 8 ptss HH, 28 inch)

Serves:--> I couldnt dial in on my serves mostly due to length and weight.Whenever i did i got a winner. I didnt hit aces yet. However i feel i can play better with this one. Iam of the opinion that a PLUS version would be more beneficial for me.

I felt NO pain before during and after match with this racquet!!.

Ground Strokes :--> I had some success. You have to swing it through to see racquet at work. Pushes /drops/lobs work however it is tough when opponent hits it HARD.
However this racquet is very solid and no twisting or twirling of racquet. It has a nice feel.

Return of Serve :--> Just aim it and block it....Very good.

Still i believe that a PLUS version might be beter for me. I will have to wait till i get my hands on demo version of it....I will post my comments soon.

USCfan
05-31-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm still loving them.

Tomek_Pl
06-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Many people here post about "+" version. Who should get normal and who "+"? I'm 6'2-6'3 and play with LM Prestige MP, 23 years old. Which should I rather test (I can take only one by now...)?

Tomek_Pl
06-01-2005, 04:35 AM
Ok, now I have AeroProDrive (standard with full string job- Pro Hurricane 1,25 17) and can't way to check (demo) it!

twocents
06-01-2005, 05:06 AM
USC Fan or Anyone Else, Have you tried the standard? I've felt so confident with the "Plus" Demo that I played with it in 3 (4.0)matches now and won all three. I'm serving great with it and my groundstokes have improved. It's awesome. However, the ONLY negative thing I found when playing doubles is it's not that great for quick exchanges at the net. I'm wondering if the Standard plays the same way. All other strokes (by far) outweigh the few quick exchange problems I had.

SC in MA
06-01-2005, 06:15 AM
USC Fan or Anyone Else, Have you tried the standard? I've felt so confident with the "Plus" Demo that I played with it in 3 (4.0)matches now and won all three. I'm serving great with it and my groundstokes have improved. It's awesome. However, the ONLY negative thing I found when playing doubles is it's not that great for quick exchanges at the net. I'm wondering if the Standard plays the same way. All other strokes (by far) outweigh the few quick exchange problems I had.I have a standard, but haven't hit with the plus version so I can't give you a comparison from personal experience. However, another poster, TennisMD, whose main weapon is a strong serve (I believe), has hit with both and decided on the standard, though I believe it was a tough decision for him. I think TennisMD plays a lot of doubles and manueverability was important. The TW listed swingweight for the standard is 324 and for the plus, its a much heavier 335. I've found the TW swingweight specs to be very accurate with the rackets I've used (except for one racket).

My main racket is an nCode61 95, which has a SW of 330. I had difficulty playing fast indoors doubles with that SW, so I looked for a more manueverable racket which led me to the AeroPro Drive standard (as well as a few other rackets :-)).

Overall, I think the APD standard is an easy and fun racket to play with. It offers a nice balance of control, power and manueverability. It's really good at serves and volleys. And I have great confidence hitting backhands with this racket. I also found it has good touch. With these attributes, I find it to be a very good doubles racket.

The area I have problems with it is in sustained groundstroke rallies in singles. It doesn't have enough static weight for me. I like a racket that can plow thru the ball during baseline rallies. I've tried adding lead in a couple a different ways and didn't like either the weight or balance or both. My best setup is a little bit of weight at 3 & 9, but for me it's still too light to really plow thru the ball.

Rafa Nadal
06-01-2005, 08:39 AM
For me the normal is better than the +, but you must test both, or buy the normal directly

Feņa14
06-01-2005, 08:52 AM
I felt NO pain before during and after match with this racquet!!.

Wow .. That's the only thing that put me of even hitting with it!

Does anyone else have any comments on it's comfort and stiffness?

Thanks.

Rafa Nadal
06-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Ok, its very stiff, but its comfortable enough for me, so no pain @lower stringtensions.
@27/26kp i felt pain in my arms.

Tomek_Pl
06-01-2005, 10:32 AM
I played with kidds today (coaching). I was more consistent than with my LM MP Prestige, had more spin, power. No control problems. Much to light... Had problems with giving easy low balls, lol
Tomorow I will play normall session...

SC in MA
06-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Wow .. That's the only thing that put me of even hitting with it!

Does anyone else have any comments on it's comfort and stiffness?

Thanks.I thought it was a comfortable racket for the first number of sessions I hit with it. However, after a few weeks of use I did begin to develop elbow twinges. I think the arm cumulatively begins to feel the effects of hitting with this racket, because the racket is light and it absorbs less of a ball impact than a heavier racket does.

I now don't use it that much. The last two times I used it was on clay against a hard hitter (I really wanted to give it a test). I added a bit of weight at 3 & 9 and also strung it with NRG2 at 56lbs. After the sessions, I did feel it just a bit in the elbow and my arm did feel a bit fatigued (I believe from absorbing so many groundstrokes). After these sessions, I decided not to use it as my main clay court singles racket, not because of elbow/arm discomfort, but moreso because I play better with a heavier racket (n61 95).

Feņa14
06-01-2005, 01:28 PM
ahh right thanks for the info as usual you have been a great help :)

I generally like thin, flexible, heavier rackets but I will give the aeropro a try the next time I have the chance.

I will likely to be sticking to my PT280.

Jonnyf
06-01-2005, 01:32 PM
4 ma bday in sep i might get a set of aero pro drives (4 Uk pepps off PDT)

Feņa14
06-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Jonny.. long time no talk.

Let me know how you get on with them :D

Jonnyf
06-01-2005, 01:37 PM
i e-mailed u a few mins ago i MIGHT get them see PDT's deal can't beat that

rudster
06-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for ANY feedaback Good or Bad.
I'm thinking about buying one at the end of the week unless someone talks me out of it.
I've had this racquet for about 2.5 mths. It serves my playing style really well. I'm an aggressive baseliner with heave top spin and this racquet generates a lot of spin.

Racquest is very light (around 10+ ounces) and it is very mobile especially for low-angled balls.

Control on the volley and slice is above average but only with tighter string tension (59 plus)

Overall I would recommend this racquet. It feels great on your playing arm too.

Good luck!

TennisMD
06-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Indeed I chose the Aeroprodrive in its standard form because of manueverability the + did not add that much to my game, I do play alot of doubles. As SC stated after several weeks of play this begn to bother my arm. So now going back to the Vokl C10 ar the N Code 6.195, last night I prefered the N Code

USCfan
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I've only had one problem with the AP Drive +. The strings break a lot faster than they did with previous racquets I've had (AP Control +, AP Control, C10 pro MP, C10 pro OS)

twocents
06-02-2005, 05:23 AM
Tennis MD or anyone else,
I played with the Demo "PLUS" again (4.0 Sr. #1 doubles).
Lost in a third set tie breaker on Hard true. I lost a few points in quick exchanges (usually my strength) and shots into my body due to the length.
All of a sudden I have a Huge serve (usually my weakness) but not volleying all that great. According to you it sounds like that extra 1/2 inch doesn't make that much different serving. What about choking up on the handle to volley ?
It sounds like you went with the Standard for the same reasons.