PDA

View Full Version : downsizing a babolat grip

yourserve
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
how much of a headache am i looking at to downsize one of their grips? does babolat use pallets [sp] ? what will i need to purchase? thanks for your input!

Gaines Hillix
05-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Only Head and Volkl use pallets, AFAIK. If the handle is made of foam you can sand it down if you are very careful. One size is only 1/8" so it doesn't take much to get there. Do opposing facets, not ones next to each other and measure carefully as you go. Then move to the next pair of facets. Use a sanding block and 100 grit paper. I would recommend using a piece of string to measure the handle. Lay the string out flat, measure it with an accurate ruler and put a mark on it at that point. Use this as your measuring "tape." If the handle is made of graphite or composite material you're pretty well stuck with it. You can try using a thin replacement grip or an overgip instead of the regular grip.

POGO
05-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Gaines,

How much do you charge for reducing one grip size? Can we send you our racket(s) for your service? I would rather have you do it, since you are an MRT. I would not want someone like in sportchalet to do and I don't trust myself. ;)

Gaines Hillix
06-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Gaines,

How much do you charge for reducing one grip size? Can we send you our racket(s) for your service? I would rather have you do it, since you are an MRT. I would not want someone like in sportchalet to do and I don't trust myself. ;)

pogo, thanks for asking, but I'm sorry, I'll have to beg off on this one. It is very time consuming to get it right and there's always the possibility of ruining someone's racquet. If you really want someone else to do it, I suggest contacting r p n y t e n n i s(they have a website by that name).

POGO
06-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Thanks Gaines!!