PDA

View Full Version : Interview with US Open stringer

Nuke
09-13-2010, 06:40 AM
I don't think I've seen this posted before, but there's a pretty good audio interview with one of the US Open stringers at
http://thestory.org/archive/the_story_1111_Joe__Heydt.mp3/view.
(The link to the audio is at the bottom of the page.)
This doesn't make me want to be a tour stringer.

drakulie
09-13-2010, 08:39 AM
^^Yes, it was posted here:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=345313

There was an interesting discussion related to the "Ping Test" performed, which was proven to be bogus.

retlod
09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Joe strings racquets at a local shop where I live. He's a pretty cool guy and loves to tell customers stories about his trips to NY and the Aussie Open in Melbourne.

jim e
09-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Zvonerava's racquet.During the Federer/Djoko. semi-final in the Open, McEnroe makes a comment about the "lousy" string jobs, because of Zvonerava's strings breaking. Those comments hurts the hard working stringers that take pride in there work,especially when McEnroe has no confirmation on precisely what happened. From previous tournaments she had similar problems with the throat pieces causing string breakage early, and had nothing to do with the stringers.Since McEnroe is a celebrity, people listen to him and that comment went out to millions. Its not good to hear those kind of remarks.Its ashame a message could not get to McEnroe about his poor comments.

COPEY
09-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Yep, Joe is a very knowledgeable, super nice guy. He answered many of my questions about stringers and stringing before I bought one. Nice to see him getting a little recognition for his passion.

mikeler
09-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Zvonerava's racquet.During the Federer/Djoko. semi-final in the Open, McEnroe makes a comment about the "lousy" string jobs, because of Zvonerava's strings breaking. Those comments hurts the hard working stringers that take pride in there work,especially when McEnroe has no confirmation on precisely what happened. From previous tournaments she had similar problems with the throat pieces causing string breakage early, and had nothing to do with the stringers.Since McEnroe is a celebrity, people listen to him and that comment went out to millions. Its not good to hear those kind of remarks.Its ashame a message could not get to McEnroe about his poor comments.

I listened to John McEnroe about playing with light rackets. Thanks for the Golfer's Elbow John!