PDA

View Full Version : playing in central NJ

tbspeed1
09-13-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi all, I'm now 43 but have been playing on and off since college when I played for a div 3 school (4.5 back then). Kind of let myself go, but now I want to play again and was looking for some 3.0 tournies or just to hit around (also to get back in shape).
thanks

J_R_B
09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi all, I'm now 43 but have been playing on and off since college when I played for a div 3 school (4.5 back then). Kind of let myself go, but now I want to play again and was looking for some 3.0 tournies or just to hit around (also to get back in shape).
thanks

Where in Central Jersey are you? On TennisLink, there is an NTRP tournament next weekend at Corutside Racquet club in Lebanon. The best one around is the Marco Mazzoncini Memorial that is held annually at the end of July.

If you are around the Trenton/Princeton area, I would also recommend getting into the adult singles league at Mercer County Park next summer. They have an NTRP like "rating" for their leagues (from 3.0-5.5), but their rating is at least a point weaker than USTA, so if you are a 3.0 USTA player, you would want to sign up for 4.0 or 4.5 in the Mercer league. The sign ups are done on-line usually around the beginning of April on this site:

https://register.communitypass.net/reg/login.cfm?a=%23%23NO%2B%0A&li=&dec=0&ovr=

tbspeed1
09-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I live near LBI.