PDA

View Full Version : Are there Adult Men's singles leagues over winter?

Falloutjr
09-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I was looking to find some men's singles leagues, do singles leagues go on over the winter? I noticed singles leagues are hard to find :/

bcart1991
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Kinda depends on the area. There are a bunch all over the South.

Check USTA, K-Swiss, Big Fish, etc.

JRstriker12
09-14-2010, 12:23 PM
You might also want to check with Tennis Clubs and Health Clubs that have tennis courts.

I find more singles leagues at the clubs than through USTA in the DC region.

Yaz
09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
USTA Flex league?

Falloutjr
09-14-2010, 05:49 PM
USTA Flex league?

Do you have to pay for the indoor court time by hour or is it a flat rate? Also, do they have set clubs or can you choose where you go?

lethalphorce
09-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Do you have to pay for the indoor court time by hour or is it a flat rate? Also, do they have set clubs or can you choose where you go?

Around here (New England) it's like $27 per player for a 1.5 hr indoor match. Each club usually has it's own singles league.

Big_Dangerous
09-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Kinda depends on the area. There are a bunch all over the South.

Check USTA, K-Swiss, Big Fish, etc.

Yeah I was going to say mostly in the southern part of US, tennis can be year round.

But up north, most likely not.

League Tennis is year round, at least here.

polski
09-15-2010, 02:44 AM

In flex league, you specify your "home" courts. When you are the home player, you are responsible for covering the other player's court fees & providing tennis balls.

We don't have winter flex leagues. I would recommend calling or visiting local clubs & inquiring what they do. Outside of tournaments, I doubt USTA has much going on in the north until March-ish.

Falloutjr
09-15-2010, 04:56 AM
Yeah I was going to say mostly in the southern part of US, tennis can be year round.

But up north, most likely not.

League Tennis is year round, at least here.

Yeah it is here too, but all the singles leagues seem to be summer only. If I get lucky I might manage to find one though.

Annika
09-26-2010, 10:35 AM
It's not USTA but Freedom Tennis here is alive and well esp in men's singles.

Falloutjr
09-26-2010, 10:50 AM
It's not USTA but Freedom Tennis here is alive and well esp in men's singles.

I'm not over nineteen :(

Uvijek Argen
09-26-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm not over nineteen :(

Grow up!!!:)