PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Shoe Recommendations

Silverdragon795
09-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I've been using running shoes to play tennis and I think it's really starting to hurt my feet & parts of my game. Thus, I've decided to go buy tennis shoes, but I'm not sure which ones are good.

I don't want to spend too much on a pair (preferably under $60) so I'm not sure what to get. The Nike vapors look nice, but they're 80+.

I saw a few that I liked but I'm not sure if they're suitable for tennis. Can you guys check it out and give me some additional recommendations?

http://www.finishline.com/store/product/nike-tennis-classic-ltd-mens-casual-shoe/_/A-33037?productId=prod655257

Others:
Addidas Tirand III
KSwiss Contender II
Wilson Court Advantage

Thanks!!

Btw, I would consider myself a 3.5

Chanto
09-14-2010, 05:31 PM
One of the smartest things you can do is buy a shoe with a warranty. If you play enough tennis, then it's effectively 2 pairs for that price + shipping back. Though it's approaching winter, so you might want to question whether or not you'll be playing enough to warrant wearing through the soles...

In general, I don't see tennis shoes as a major factor in one's game play, I think that you should focus on comfort and stability rather than durability, so you'll be able to wear out the shoe as well as help your game a bit more. Maybe try the Gel Resolutions?

Jeffy005
09-15-2010, 06:52 AM
hey man try my shoes, they are like 65 dollars.... I know that it is not under 60 but i think it should do the work...

Adidas Pulse Mens G17583..... Highly recommend it to you...

The_Question
09-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Addidas Tirand III

If you want broken ankle(s), go for it!!

OldButGame
09-15-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm really big on the Prince T22's!!!!!!!!...great shoes !!!! (IMO),......( they're gonna make me a rep pretty soon!!!!:wink: (not really)

JT_2eighty
09-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Don't get the "classic" tennis shoe you linked. Any shoe that looks like that is just for casual wear, unless you play on grass court and don't run after balls.

I know I sound like a broken record anytime someone asks for tennis shoes that are like running shoes. But the New Balance 900s are exactly that-- running shoe base built-up to be a court shoe. Best of both worlds: light yet durable. Also comes with a 12-month gty, so for $82 you are basically getting 2 pair. I wore through mine in about 3-4 months playing 2-4 times a week on hardcourts.

nadalfederer17
09-15-2010, 07:08 PM
get the adidas barricade 6.0
they are great shoes and have the 6 month outsole guarantee