PDA

View Full Version : Barricade 'Team' versus V or 6?

JT_2eighty
09-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Aside from the durability guarantee, what's the difference from the Team version to the numbered versions of the Barricades? The price and style of the Team looks enticing, am I missing something?

Yveskim89
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
i think your comparing tissue to a paper..lol in terms of durability...you should not buy team versions cause its not durable..better spend your money on expensive ones that would saved you more compared to cheap ones that cost you more!

mtommer
09-15-2010, 07:14 PM
The "Team" version is last year's Tirand. The "Team" name follows Adidas' naming for other sports lines of shoes. If you look closely at the soles for example, you'll see that the Barricades definitely have thicker rubber. Beyond that, the material used in the shoe itself is thicker and thus better material. It's simply leagues ahead not only it terms of durability but also support and even cushioning. While the basketball "Team" versions aren't all that bad compared to the higher end shoes, basketball also doesn't destroy a shoe like a hard court tennis court does. For $25 more, my vote would be to go with the Barricades. It really is that much more of a shoe.

Gasolina
09-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Or you could go with the team competition shoe. Apparently it's very close to the old barricades as well.

Also they have basic color of white only and black only.

The_Question
09-16-2010, 06:12 AM
The Barricade Team and Barricade 6.0 are vastly differently from each other. It lacks a full Torsion around the heel. There is also a plastic cup that surround the heel in the B6, while the Team just used a syn leather in the shape of the plastic cup. Upfront with the toe drag around...aka...swiss cheese, the B6 is full rubber, while the Team use soft synthetic upper. The outsole groove on the B6 is much deeper than it is on the Team, thus lasting longer. And the tracks are wider on the B6.

Dick's Sporting goods carry both models, I would suggest you to take a closer look on both. Get it here, to avoid tax, and will be free shipping anyways. Like someone mentioned before, the Team is basically the continuation of the Tirand III. It's all show, no go...

JT_2eighty
09-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Cool, thanks all for the info. I had a feeling they were lesser, but didn't realize they were just the Tirands rebranded as "Barricade Team".

Adidas is being a bit misleading using the Barricade name on these, eh? Barricade and durability just go hand in hand, so this is good to know that only the 5,6, etc will actually carry the 'true' Barricade namesake. Thanks!

Capt. Willie
09-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I hate that they are using the Barricade name on this shoe. It really should be a Tirand IV (or whatever). I do understand the "Team" name going on the cheaper look-alike shoe...but I still don't like it.