PDA

View Full Version : PCZ standard vs. PD standard vs. 5.1 surge

Crave
04-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Could someone pleasecompare these racquets for me. Thanks alot

Crave
04-20-2004, 09:34 AM
How come nobody replies to my post. Over 50 people looked at it and not one can reply. I don't mean to be rude but i really need help.

tschevap
04-20-2004, 09:48 AM
Sorry about that, but i cant compare rackets i do not know!

KFwinds
04-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Crave, I have absolutely no experience with any of these racquets, but I know that the topic of PD standard vs. the Surge has been covered on these boards. Maybe do a search and see if you can find one of the older discussions. Hope this helps :)

Swingman
04-21-2004, 08:13 AM
In terms of power I would say the surge and PD are similar, maybe the surge has a hair more. The surge's power delivery is more linear and feels more comfortable. I think it's better if you have an all-court game. PD has a springy power delivery and I guess it's okay for baseliners and feels a bit more maneuverable than the surge. The PCZ is very different from these two. I did not like the PCZ - no power and not that accurate. If you want a control racquet the 300G is better in this weight range. I wanted something in between in terms of power in this weight range so I bought the PS Tour 95. Strung at 55-56 it's got a great combo of power and control for me. Hope this helps.

jarrett
04-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Babolat PD and Surge are pretty much the same racquets except the wilson has a much better control because there is no woofer system.
By the way, I sell two surge 4 3/8 grip size in perfect shape and at great price... email me if you are interested at damiendepolignac@hotmail.com