PDA

View Full Version : Very Confused

CSCT
05-31-2005, 07:59 PM
I am looking for a good racquet for tennis elbow. I am a woman playing doubles most of the time and some singles. I do play with racquets that weigh around the 11oz. range. I have been looking at the Volkl line and the ProKennex line. The Volkl racquets have a 12 or 13 points head light is that too head light. They also have a flex of 60 or 61 The ProKennex Racquet Heritage Type R has a 57 flex with 4 points head light is that too head heavy? Some ProKennex have a high flex number. Very confused about numbers...... HELP!!!!!!

doriancito
05-31-2005, 08:08 PM
I woul˝dnt know about Prokenex and volkl but Head, Babolat and Wilson Do make very elbow friendly racquet Babolat makes the Nanotube....Head makes the Intelligence and wilson makes the....hmmmmm i would know!

esrb
05-31-2005, 08:35 PM
I am looking for a good racquet for tennis elbow. I am a woman playing doubles most of the time and some singles. I do play with racquets that weigh around the 11oz. range. I have been looking at the Volkl line and the ProKennex line. The Volkl racquets have a 12 or 13 points head light is that too head light. They also have a flex of 60 or 61 The ProKennex Racquet Heritage Type R has a 57 flex with 4 points head light is that too head heavy? Some ProKennex have a high flex number. Very confused about numbers...... HELP!!!!!!

Just get a 12oz stick, strung with gut or multis at the lowest range AND follow through your strokes....if you┤re willing to change to a two handed backhand the response would be shorter. That worked for me.

highsierra
05-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Not sure about your swing style but you may also want to look at these:

Head LM Radical OS, strung weight 11.2, stiffness 58 (or the MP with 64 stiffness)

Wilson nCode nTour, strung weight 10.7, stiffness 61

Wilson PS Tour 95, strung weight 11.5, stiffness 62

nViATi
05-31-2005, 10:51 PM
string a head liquidmetal prestige mp at around 54. the lower tension and mass of the racquet will give you plenty of power. also, the mass, lower tension, and good flex won't kill your arm.

Steve Huff
05-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Pro Kennex's most arm-friendly racket today is the Ionic Ki 5. All of the 5g line are good for arms. The Volkl Catapult V-1 MP was easy on the arm too, but I couldn't get very good volleys out of it.

LafayetteHitter
05-31-2005, 11:19 PM
You are on the right track looking at the Volkl and ProKennex lines.

The Type R is a very good racquet. My girlfriend uses this racquet strung with a natural gut hybrid and it is very easy on the arm. It is not an extremely powerful racquet partially due to it's 58 flex rating. Definately worth a demo for your situation from reading you post.

I will second the Volkl Catapult V1, the MP and the Oversize are both great racquets, the same can be said for the V1 Classic. I have friends in my area that have never even held a racquet because all they see is Head, Wilson, Babolat and Prince. Then they hit for a little bit with my Volkl racquets and 9 times out of 10 they say, wow I am demoing some Volkl next time.

One of the Ionic or Kinetic series from ProKennex would be a good shot as well for a demo.

Scott

CSCT
06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Thank you Scott and Steve..... I will try the ProKennex I am going to state next week I hope it will help my TE.

Cobrien
06-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Stay away from Babolat Pd and go for a new Head Protector racquet.

Here's the explanation

The combination of Head Protect System's string, grip and racquet technology, offers signficant improvement in comfort while still providing excellent power. The protect system reduces stress on the arm and may alleviate pain symptons for some players with acute tennis elbow.
Head: 102 sq in

Jonnyf
06-01-2005, 03:27 PM
callum u can't gt them in the us

Cobrien
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Have you ever heard of Fedex. Because they go that way as well.

Jonnyf
06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
soz den if u want sites e-mail me on forrest.jonny@gmail.com