PDA

View Full Version : Gamma x-2 and Head YT MP

dre
09-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Ordered the Gamma x-2 with the help of the members on the forum.

Why Gamma ? The lower end machines are too close to differentiate for me. Seems like preference in this price range. I found the Gamma with free shipping and starter strings. No point wasting extensive strings while learning to use the machine. And it will pay for itself after two string jobs.

Any Head YT (16/19) stringing videos out there ? I'm starting to get the concept, and looking for some best practices to follow.

thanks

-------

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head_YOUTEK_Extreme_MP/descpageRCHEAD-YTXMP.html

String Pattern:
16 Mains / 19 Crosses
Mains skip: 8H 8T
Two Pieces
No Shared Holes
String Tension: 52-62 pounds

Kevo
09-16-2010, 02:35 PM
And it will pay for itself after two string jobs.

So did you buy it for like $40 then? If so that's a wonderful deal.

dre
09-16-2010, 06:46 PM
3 racquets, $25/stick +tip. Not to mention a few days for drop off and pickup.

Hopefully after a few string jobs, both good and bad, I'll start understanding what works best for me.

btw, check with me in a year. You might get the stringer for $40 if its collecting dust.

Kevo
09-16-2010, 07:06 PM
You know I've only gotten a tip once. It was for $5 and made the total for the string job $20. Most of the people I string for will not pay more than $20 for a stringing. And since I supply strings a lot of times, and the customers that use pricey strings normally supply them or give me a reel to string from, I rarely actually pocket more than $12 per frame. Most of the time it's $10.