PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre Black Code

drifterx123
09-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Stung it on a full bed @ 57lbs on a Babolat APDC

way too much power x.x
anyone suggest a good string with control/spin/durability/not much loss in tension?

kiteboard
09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Sppp, global gut, x1 bi phase, iso speed control.

decades
09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I would stay away from the gut and multis. look for "control oriented" polys. an example of this is Silverstring. Another is SPPP. Pacific Polyforce. Pro Red Code is less powerful than Black Code. Try stringing at 60.

drifterx123
09-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I would stay away from the gut and multis. look for "control oriented" polys. an example of this is Silverstring. Another is SPPP. Pacific Polyforce. Pro Red Code is less powerful than Black Code. Try stringing at 60.

do you mean the black code or red code?
i have a semi-western to full western grip with a fast swing speed idk if you needa know that. but thanks ! :}

decades
09-16-2010, 08:50 PM
do you mean the black code or red code?
i have a semi-western to full western grip with a fast swing speed idk if you needa know that. but thanks ! :}

good point you might want to try black code at higher tension.

drifterx123
09-17-2010, 10:35 PM
good point you might want to try black code at higher tension.

yep haha lol i was hitting and it just flew lmao

nickarnold2000
09-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Very strange! I've used BC in the mid 40s and had absolutely no problems with control - spin was excellent. Guys in the low tension thread have strung this stuff in the mid 30s.
Drifter, I think you need to learn how to hit with more topspin and that comes from faster racket head speed. Stringing BC above 57lbs probably won't be the best for your arm.
BTW, what level are you?

Power Player
09-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Hit with a more western grip and more spin. I see pros string black code in stiffer Tfibre sticks at 55 and they crush the ball.

You going low to high enough?

staedtler
09-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Maybe try red code as ive felt that is a stiffer string. I also enjoyed Tourna poly big hitter silver. Ive enjoyed that string as well.

netguy
09-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Try Silverstring (co-poly), it works for me after trying X-one (multi)

Devilito
09-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Played last night for the first time with BC strung at #40 on my Dunlop 100. It was the best I’ve played since I took time off last winter. It’s finally in the range where I think it’s a better set up for me than the my old Tecnifibre 320. Might consider dropping it into the 30s. I don’t see how someone can say it has more power. The comfort level of this string stung low is amazing. I give up nothing in control. I was hitting Federer like drop shots from the baseline almost spinning back and hitting the net and some nice touch drop volleys. So control was there, power was there and of course, tons of spin. Conclusion: Love Black Code. Monday i'm putting in another bulk order to last me a while. Too much power? No such thing

kiteboard
09-18-2010, 11:15 AM
It's great for crosses to stabilize tens. loss.

drifterx123
09-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Very strange! I've used BC in the mid 40s and had absolutely no problems with control - spin was excellent. Guys in the low tension thread have strung this stuff in the mid 30s.
Drifter, I think you need to learn how to hit with more topspin and that comes from faster racket head speed. Stringing BC above 57lbs probably won't be the best for your arm.
BTW, what level are you?

i am around a 4.0 level player. idk if its me but im not sure:confused:

nickarnold2000
09-18-2010, 11:27 PM
i am around a 4.0 level player. idk if its me but im not sure:confused:
Find a good teaching pro and see what he says about your technique. A few lessons can be extremely valuable here and easily worth the cost (since you can play for your whole life!). Good luck. :)