PDA

View Full Version : Nike Free Run+ and Nike Free 3.0/5.0/7.0

Zachol82
09-16-2010, 08:11 PM
I have been curious to try the Nike Free's out lately, since I have never tried anything like it before.

Now, I know that the 3.0/5.0/7.0 just means that the lower the number is, the closer it'll feel like "running on barefoot" and the higher the number, the more support the shoes will have.

What I don't know is that the new Nike Free Run+ does not have a number associated with it. Is it closer to running barefooted or does it have a lot of support? Is there info on what number it would most be like?

XFactorer
09-16-2010, 10:55 PM
Nike Free Run+ would be a 5.0 on the scale.

I have a pair. Not everyone can run in them, though. I wear mine for everyday walking (they feel amazing). I've tried to run in them and I think I get tendonitis from it because I'm not an efficient enough runner. I run in the Pegasus 27s.

Zachol82
09-17-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm pretty sure that it'll take me some time to get used to running with the Free Run+ as well.

However, do the shoes offer good traction and maneuverability? As in can I accelerate faster in them, change directions more easily in them and stop more quickly in them?

XFactorer
09-17-2010, 04:51 PM
For running, they have great traction. And, yeah, they take time to get used to. You may experience some muscles burning you never knew you had! And boy, it's a great feeling!

But i wouldn't use them for cross-training or anything that would required lateral (side-to-side) movement or quick starts/stops.

Zachol82
09-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Finally got my pair today. Boy, I LOVE THESE!

I agree that it has great traction, I've never ran in anything like these before. I don't know about my feet feeling "free" but it definitely does feel great running in these. They are extremely light and I can feel the breeze through the mesh, which is oh so fun!

The little bumps in the mid-sole and upper-sole definitely does promote mid-foot striking and encourages you to run on the ball of your feet.

My body usually feels the impact after a 6 mile run, but with these Nike Free Run+, only my feet feels tired. They feel very tired, but at least nothing else is...which I guess makes sense since your feet SHOULD be the one thing to feel tired after running. I ran without socks on these and it feels perfectly fine as well.

Would definitely recommend these shoes for running!