PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Software

irish-phil
09-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi Guys just wondering if you could help me with something. Every time I used go back to my stringer I'd hand in my rackets and he had all the specs saved on the computer.

I was talking to him yesterday and he said this software is no longer compatible with his Windows 7 pc.

Just wondering if any one out there knows of any more up to date software for logging customer specs; tension, string type etc. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Phil.

themitchmann
09-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Stringjob.com is great. Been using it for years.

irish-phil
09-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Stringjob.com is great. Been using it for years.

Ok great. Saw that website there and was wondering if it was still going. Any idea on prices etc.?

themitchmann
09-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Dont recall pricing. More than reasonable though. Have him check it out.

ReopeningWed
09-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Google Docs spreadsheet, or Microsoft Excel?
Come on now.

armsty
09-17-2010, 10:23 PM
www.stringjob.com is free and simple to use.

irish-phil
09-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Google Docs spreadsheet, or Microsoft Excel?
Come on now.

Could you take a guess from the title that that's not what he's looking for?

Irvin
09-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Could you take a guess from the title that that's not what he's looking for?

Actually I couldn't, I was thinking more on the lines of MS Access myself though. With a database like that can track anything you want.

Irvin

irish-phil
09-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Actually I couldn't, I was thinking more on the lines of MS Access myself though. With a database like that can track anything you want.

Irvin

Well the man asked me to find a program that would do it for him. I'd imagine the interfaces on these programs are easier to use and already set up as opposed to an excel sheet.

uk_skippy
09-18-2010, 06:40 AM
You could also try www.atpstringer.com There are 2 version available. The tournament version was used at Wimbledon for the past 2 years.

Regards

Paul

irish-phil
09-18-2010, 06:52 AM
You could also try www.atpstringer.com There are 2 version available. The tournament version was used at Wimbledon for the past 2 years.

Regards

Paul

Thanks a million Paul will check that out!

Phil.

coachrick
09-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Dang! What WILL I do when my spiral notebook fills up?!? :)

irish-phil
09-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Dang! What WILL I do when my spiral notebook fills up?!? :)

We've got so lazy
:)

gotwheels
09-18-2010, 09:29 AM
irish-phil, Another software pack to take a look at is the Racquet Tracker software by John Gugel (see tab on the Grandslamstringer forum). It is an all inclusive package, designed for retail shops, plus some in depth frame/string information. Mr. Gugel is one of those guys that has forgot more than I'll ever know.

good luck!

Irvin
09-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Well the man asked me to find a program that would do it for him. I'd imagine the interfaces on these programs are easier to use and already set up as opposed to an excel sheet.

Well if what you are looking for is any database that will keep track of your string jobs then any of the suggestions will do. If you would like to keep your customer information off the internet I would suggest you have your own database.

Irvin

Radicalized
09-24-2010, 04:27 AM
What Windows version is it compatible with? Can you run it in compatibility mode or create a partition with a second operating system? Is the data in a format that can can be "imported" into a spreadsheet or a competitor?

mikeler
09-24-2010, 04:30 AM
Windows 7 no longer supports Access databases in 64 bit mode which sucks. That is probably why the OP's stringer can't use his software anymore.

Radicalized
09-24-2010, 04:32 AM
And I always start with what might be able to be done with what is available, regardless of how difficult or technical, as each person has the potential. You can tell me that it is not your or his thing, or that you don't have that ability, but I won't tell you that.

coachrick
09-24-2010, 07:02 AM
And I always start with what might be able to be done with what is available, regardless of how difficult or technical, as each person has the potential. You can tell me that it is not your or his thing, or that you don't have that ability, but I won't tell you that.

Words to live by! :)

Radicalized
09-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Words to live by! :)

Thanks "coachrick," and I meant it. But in this case, I realized I might get slammed for spouting "technobabble" in the stringing forum.:)

Josh10s
09-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Another vote for stringjob.com here!