PDA

View Full Version : Should I Change Racket?

Return_Ace
06-01-2005, 02:20 AM
I have a question......

I own a Yonex RD Ti-80 which I hear that the general consensus is that it is a very low powered racket, I agree with this but I think that I play pretty well with it but in certain conditions......

On a Good Day I can generate good depth and my pace is well uh adequate... However as I recently found out in a doubles match when there was a medium wind against me I had a VERY hard time getting the ball back behind the service line. Which set my opponents up for quite a few easy put-aways.

This Leads me to my question: Should I change rackets?
Plus If I should what do you recomend, I was thinking about the new Flexpoint Tour, Please give your suggestions. Thank You.

BLiND
06-01-2005, 03:39 AM
There are many things you can do to increase the power of a racquet, before you consider changing.

Lower string tesion
Change to more powerful strings
Add weight to the head

...also hitting flatter might help.

I'd change to a really powerful string, and string it lower, only a 2-4 lbs lower, and then see if you think its powerful enough... then if not, try a little lead on the head (at 10 & 2)... then try again.... if not then consider changing racquet.

Tomek_Pl
06-01-2005, 03:45 AM
First try hitting flatter upwind...
If the racquet is good in normal conditions do't look for anything else.

Return_Ace
06-01-2005, 04:09 AM
Alright I think I'll try and develop the flatter stroke first since I don't really feel like changing the weight distribution.
But changing the string.........What string do you recomend? Currently I'm using NXT @57.

I think the next problem I'll have might be that my game will be too powerful on a normal day! =)