PDA

View Full Version : ncode Six-One Tour 85

gash-b
06-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Hello,

I found an interesting site. The author seems to have a nice collection.

http://prestige1972.hp.infoseek.co.jp/racket/racket/n6.185/n6.185.htm

Here is a quick translation of what he wrote on the web site.

========
This is the model that Jim Courier uses on the Senior Tour. (It is a new racket, so it is not one that Courier has actually used. Also, as you can see in the 6th picture from the top, the writing of th racket name is different than what is sold in the market.)

I am unable to write more detailed information. I think you can see from the pictures. On the 7th picture from the top, you can see that the specs are different than the actual specs of the racket.

Unfortunately, I am able to answer any questions about this racket, so I appreciate your understanding.
========

Oh, you might also be interested in this link as well.

http://prestige1972.hp.infoseek.co.jp/racket/racket/jcbrack85/jcbrack85.htm

kv581
06-01-2005, 06:11 AM
It seems like the racquet is just nsix-one 95 with 18X20 pattern. See, 613 sq cm/95 sq in.

ncode
06-01-2005, 06:22 AM
ncode Six-One Tour 85... hmmm... well... this is very interesting ;-) I wish I have chance to test this weapon. Strange, no info about 85 on Wilson web site.

AndrewD
06-01-2005, 06:27 AM
I thought Courier was just using a PS 6.0 85 painted up like an nCode. Definately not an nCode 95, too flat. Can't imagine Wilson would go to the trouble of making a racquet for one guy who plays only on the Seniors tour. I can imagine them painting one for him but not designing a new one.

Michelangelo
06-01-2005, 06:30 AM
No. The most interesting/weird thing is that this stick has flat beam design, but marked as 95 sq. in.. However, we know that nSix-One Tour 90 has flat beam design while nSix-One 95 has round edges. And indeed, the racket head looks like 90 sq. in. or even smaller. So if the racket spec info on the inner side of the beam is not misprinted, I have no clue what it is...

ncode
06-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Yes. Painting is wrong. No doubt. But this is not the strangely thing. I compare these two pictures - 85 (http://prestige1972.hp.infoseek.co.jp/racket/racket/n6.185/DSC_0077.JPG) and 90 (http://prestige1972.hp.infoseek.co.jp/racket/racket/n6.190/DSC_0087.JPG). First one definitely looks with smaller head and the holes proof that (if you look closely). I have no expectation Wilson to develop nSix-One with 85 head. I think this is a good move.

gash-b
06-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Well, just as a comparison, you can see the racket in question next to the regular 90 square inch model in the bottom two pictures.

I haven't been keeping up with the n-code threads so much, so I am not too sure about all of the details, but as the author mentioned in the page, the specifications written on the racket are different than the racket itself.

ong1
06-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Rackets sold in Japan are always made like the ones pro player uses. Just look at the prince turbo shark sold in japan. its got the exact same specs and shape of maria sharapova's racket, i mean a shorter handle and a longer beam.
btw, doesn't this n-six one tour look like roger federer's racket? its got a shorter handle too!

Michelangelo
06-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Also as Sampras said, if he needed to win French Open, he'd need a racket with bigger head (sorry but I forget where I read this). So I guess Wilson will put 90 sq. in. as their smallest head size hereafter.

I would also like the handle on my nSix-One Tour 90 about 3/4-in shorter. However, when I took it to the grip-resizing job, I found that there was some glue under that area, as well as the frame (the red painted portion) is actually not long enough, so I hafta keep the same length of the handle as original (probably I've played the Pro Staff original too much, now I'm still feeling a bit awkward of the length of nSix-One Tour 90 handle). Sharapova... I'd appreciate if her racket is gold-plated instead of gold-painted. :P

kreative
06-01-2005, 03:06 PM
interesting link....painted specs on inside throat seem to be of ncode 6.1 95 team (18x20), but it's flat beamed and head size seems small like 85.

also funny how his n6.1 tour 90 had 16x19 printed on the side of the racquet as well

BreakPoint
06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
That black racquet has a 16x18 pattern. I'm pretty sure he used a balck painted St. Vincent PS 6.0 85 when he lost his contract with Wilson.

I'm pretty sure he's still using a PS 6.0 85 painted to look like an nCode Tour on the senior's tour. The specs on the side don't mean anything. It's just part of the paintjob so it doesn't have to be anything resembling the actual specs of the racquet underneath.

FedererUberAlles
06-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Look at the area in between the handle and the head. The white part is flowing with the racquet on the 90, and on the 85 it is just rounded off and ended. Interesting...

AndrewD
06-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Guys,
have a look for earlier posts that relate to the racquet Courier was using at the Albert Hall seniors event and at other places. As I said earlier, I think you'll find its just a PS85 painted to look like an nCode.

BreakPoint,
spot on. I did mention that earlier but I dont think it was the answer people wanted.

Lakoste
06-01-2005, 08:00 PM
do you think wilson will make a nCode 85 for production

GregOz
06-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Andew and Breakpoint,
When we were down in Melbourne watching the Aus Open we saw Courier on an outside court having a hit. He was swinging an nCode looking racquet so one of the blokes I was with yelled out 'new racquet Jimbo?'. He looked over and said, 'nah, same old stick, just prettier' LOL.

So, Im guessing that means its still the same ProStaff he's been using since he was a kid.

BreakPoint
06-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Andew and Breakpoint,
When we were down in Melbourne watching the Aus Open we saw Courier on an outside court having a hit. He was swinging an nCode looking racquet so one of the blokes I was with yelled out 'new racquet Jimbo?'. He looked over and said, 'nah, same old stick, just prettier' LOL.

So, Im guessing that means its still the same ProStaff he's been using since he was a kid.

Thanks GregOz. I think we now have definitive confirmation! Courier is still using a PS 6.0 85 only with an nCode Tour paintjob.

Now if we can just get Federer to admit to his paintjob. ;)

gash-b
06-02-2005, 04:14 AM
Hello,

I didn't have time last night to post a translation for the other link to the Jim Courier custom racket, but here it is.

http://prestige1972.hp.infoseek.co.jp/racket/racket/jcbrack85/jcbrack85.htm

================
This racket is the black racket that Jim Courier used just after his contract with Wilson expired. You can double check by taking a look at the 1999 Wimbledon. According to what is being said, the inner construction is the same as the pro staff mid, but the string pattern is different (same number but different spacing), no PWS, different bumper grommet shape, etc.
================

Again, he posts that he can't provide any more information, but at least he is showing us interesting pictures. I am sure that all of this is old news to you guys on this board, but have fun!

finchy
06-02-2005, 09:20 AM
i saw this racquet in person when i went to the u.s. clay court championships in houston. it was up for auction for andy roddick's fund raiser or something. it felt exactly like a ps 6.0 85. weight felt the same and pws look the same too.

also, the throat is old style like the old prostaffs.

Lakoste
06-02-2005, 11:17 AM
check the 6.1 classic 85 out

http://prestige1972.hp.infoseek.co.jp/racket/racket/prostaffclassic.htm

BreakPoint
06-02-2005, 02:56 PM
check the 6.1 classic 85 out

http://prestige1972.hp.infoseek.co.jp/racket/racket/prostaffclassic.htm

That's the paintjob racquet that Stefan Edberg used in the early '90's. Wilson tried to get him to switch to the newly introduced PS 6.1 Classic in 1991 but he didn't like it so they painted his PS 6.0 85's to look like the PS 6.1 Classic. It was pretty obvious in all his matches that his racquet head was smaller than 95 and that it had a box beam.

armand
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
So this guy says he can't reveal how or where he got the racquets from. Why? Did he have an agreement with Wilson that went something like: "Ok, we'll give you these racquets, but you can't tell where or how you got them" Or perhaps he just acquired these racquets illegally. I tend to think it's the second one because PJs aren't that much of a secret, are they?

LafayetteHitter
08-08-2005, 11:58 AM
The Wilson pics are interesting, but even more interesting is that he has pics of the new BB10 by Volkl. I really like the red color of it.