PDA

View Full Version : Please Read This!!!

icklemoley
06-01-2005, 05:10 AM
Today at the tennis center where I play I saw the most bizarre thing.

A guy was playing another guy, but he was being trashed. Nothing strange about that, expect that the guy was playing with two forehands. When it was on his side to hit a back-hand he would switch hands and use his left hand as a forehand! It was the most amazing thing Iíve ever seen. He was just as strong with both left and right. It was fantastic to see! Truly.

Tennis Ball Hitter
06-01-2005, 05:52 AM
so what does the guy do when you hit it right at him?

erik-the-red
06-01-2005, 06:34 AM
Exactly. What does he do when you hit at his feet?

tom-selleck
06-01-2005, 06:41 AM
i can hit with either hand fairly well, but i do think when you get to a higher level there just isn't the time to switch.... or you could switch once to win the point on a weak ball or a smash or something, but you generally won't be switching back..

what level were these guys??? .... in contrast to my above post, i have heard of quite high level players playing with two forehands. the reach would be great on both sides and forehands are relatively easy to hit even when rushed. backhands are very tough to hit when rushed.

Tennis Ball Hitter
06-01-2005, 07:15 AM
I think I remember some pro being able to serve with both arms ... not sure about ground strokes though ... anyone remember? or am I dreaming?

tom-selleck
06-01-2005, 07:52 AM
I think I remember some pro being able to serve with both arms ... not sure about ground strokes though ... anyone remember? or am I dreaming?

one of the jenson brothers could serve with either hand, and i believe did serve with either hand in some matches..... not sure how often etc??? but i know he did it in real matches.

i serve with left hand and play groundstrokes right handed, and only time i go back to left handed would be to smash a defensive lob.... i certainly can't see changing hands for every shot.

Andres
06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
I am a natural left hander. When I was 6, in my school forced me to be right handed, and got fully right handed. I started to play tennis at 8, right-handed. Around 15, i got a severe fracture on my right wrist and became lefty again. When I fully recovered, I got back to righty. In 2003, i suffered of several shoulder luxations, so I began to play lefty to watch my right shoulder. In january I have the reconstructive surgery on my right shoulder, and now I'm playing fully ambidextrous. I prefer serving lefty and hitting groundstrokes righty. I'm better on my groundstrokes with my right hand, and my serve goes better lefty.

I'm equally good with both hand on everything else, but I write righty. I'm mainly a righty...

papa
06-01-2005, 09:33 AM

Yeah, Luke Jensen - plays with either arm without any apparent difference.

FREDDY
06-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Today at the tennis center where I play I saw the most bizarre thing.

A guy was playing another guy, but he was being trashed. Nothing strange about that, expect that the guy was playing with two forehands. When it was on his side to hit a back-hand he would switch hands and use his left hand as a forehand! It was the most amazing thing Iíve ever seen. He was just as strong with both left and right. It was fantastic to see! Truly.

thats pretty cool. i would be cool if the guy had a two hand forehand and a one hand backhand. that would be different but not wrong. cool kinda. maybe i can be that guy. lol. i can hit a 3.5 two handed forehand and i have a damn good one handed back hand. maybe. btw i dont use the two handed forehand. only during rallies. :mrgreen: