PDA

View Full Version : Klippermate question

bluroks
09-19-2010, 05:19 AM
Hello, I have had my Klippermate for at least 8 years plus. I am throwing out a question and perhaps the vets can shed some light for me.

I do string all of the old and new racquets on the Klippermate and all is fine. But one question kind of lingers.

I currently have my machine set up on the floor. No table space.
Follow me on this:
1: mount the racquet
2: I use 2 piece string, so each say is 20 + 20.
3: Racquet is mounted and you take the main string and start the thread in the middle two holes in the throat heading up towards the top of the racquet.
Follow so far?

Okay now you have two ends of string sticking out of the top of the racquet. Now here is my question, how to you get these two pieces to measure out correctly to be even? Sometimes I have another person pull these until even then I proceed as usual and string up my racquet.

But with one person, how to you measure your strings to be even. Is there a easier way?

I have no other problems and all of my racquets come out fine!
I was just thinking about this today and thought I would fire off to the vets to see what ways it can be done without much room or another person to help measure it off.

Thanks for any advice.
John

PBODY99
09-19-2010, 05:31 AM
Once you have the string injserted in the first main hole , grab both ends in the sam hand pulll with out letting go of the ends,repeat until even.

polski
09-19-2010, 05:59 AM
The room my Klipper is in allows me to stretch the two ends out. I then just simply pull the short end until they are the same length. I walk back to the machine while keeping the strings tight & put a clamp on the far end before I clamp the 1st main to the 2nd to apply tension for the 1st main. Pretty simple.

beernutz
09-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Once you have the string injserted in the first main hole , grab both ends in the sam hand pulll with out letting go of the ends,repeat until even.
This is what I always did, mostly because I couldn't see any other way to do it.

bluroks
09-19-2010, 12:42 PM
The room my Klipper is in allows me to stretch the two ends out. I then just simply pull the short end until they are the same length. I walk back to the machine while keeping the strings tight & put a clamp on the far end before I clamp the 1st main to the 2nd to apply tension for the 1st main. Pretty simple.

This is what I currently do. Just was wondering if there was a easier way. Thanks.

lionel_101
09-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Hello, I have had my Klippermate for at least 8 years plus. I am throwing out a question and perhaps the vets can shed some light for me.

I do string all of the old and new racquets on the Klippermate and all is fine. But one question kind of lingers.

I currently have my machine set up on the floor. No table space.
Follow me on this:
1: mount the racquet
2: I use 2 piece string, so each say is 20 + 20.
3: Racquet is mounted and you take the main string and start the thread in the middle two holes in the throat heading up towards the top of the racquet.
Follow so far?

Okay now you have two ends of string sticking out of the top of the racquet. Now here is my question, how to you get these two pieces to measure out correctly to be even? Sometimes I have another person pull these until even then I proceed as usual and string up my racquet.

But with one person, how to you measure your strings to be even. Is there a easier way?

I have no other problems and all of my racquets come out fine!
I was just thinking about this today and thought I would fire off to the vets to see what ways it can be done without much room or another person to help measure it off.

Thanks for any advice.
John

Get a yard stick and measure exactly 10 ft if it is a 20 ft string. Get a black marker and put a big dot on it. Very simple and you don't have to guess when pulling the string thru where the 10 ft mark is

max
09-19-2010, 03:25 PM
This is what I always did, mostly because I couldn't see any other way to do it.

Doesn't any stringer do this? I do.

aussie
09-20-2010, 01:37 AM
As above - feed the 2 ends through and grab both strings going hand over hand until all string pulled through. Strings should end up being within about 1 inch the same length. Very easy and just one of the benefits of stringing 2 piece.