PDA

View Full Version : Haven't played in years

tbspeed1
09-20-2010, 06:13 AM
I hadn't touched my racket since 2006, that was just to hit it around with the kids. Before that the last time I played was in college in 86'. This weekend I went to our HS courts where a group of adults play along with the coach (they've been doing this for 4 yrs), even though I am grossly out of shape I did the normal practice and warm up with these people and then proceeded to play a set. Wow, it all came back and I won 6-2 (felt like dying afterward and I'm still sore today). I'm going to play every weekend to get into shape and start doing tournaments. Now to get my raquet restrung (same strings since 1986).
Later

jswinf
09-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Good for you! Could be a racket purchase in your future...

atatu
09-20-2010, 06:58 PM
If you have one of those old wilson prostaff 85 rackets, you're in luck ! This week only I will replace your racket with a new, never used racket of your choice from WalMart or Dick's sporting goods. Just send me your old prostaff and I'll take care of the rest.

tbspeed1
09-21-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm using an old Prince Spectrum Pro comp 90. no wilsons here

michael_1265
09-21-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm using an old Prince Spectrum Pro comp 90. no wilsons here

As someone who took a 14 year layoff until 2007, I recommend that you check out some of the more recent racquet technology. You will be amazed how good the equipment is now, and also how reasonable it is. You can get a great stick and still not pay more than $100.
Mike

FYI, I use a Head Microgel Extreme Pro. You can find the 2009 version of this racquet for $99. Also, the string technology is vastly improved.