PDA

View Full Version : Should I even get barricades? Another brand

johndagolfer
09-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Alright as I have told this story before I will make it short. I have recently got back into tennis. I have severe arthritic ankles due to untreated gout(better now have loss of flexibility) I am currently 215 down from 270 and I have wide flat feet. I have been told that Barricades are the way to go.

My question is which barricades should I get. I see TW has the 2's available. I can get the V's from a local store and I can get the 6's for $80 (which is a great deal).

The problem is that I am hearing mixed reviews on the 6's about comfort. The II's seem to have an eyelet problem.

Which Barricades should I get, or should I get a different shoe?

SirGounder
09-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Have you tried them on? That is the best way to go especially if your local store carries them.

johndagolfer
09-20-2010, 08:25 AM
I've tried the 5 and 6's. I don't have super wide feet 2E's. The 6's seem to be a tad snugger (They will break in eventually right?).

What I am really interested in is how they play, last, things you can't tell by just wearing them.

Gasolina
09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
I wear both and I'm really liking the 6's. Maybe because they fit me better than the V's. Also they're lighter and easier to move with.

My only issue with them is I've ALMOST twisted my ankles twice with them. That has never ever happened with the V's.

legends70
09-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Stere away from the Barricade 6 because of weight. They will feel like bricks if you've had ankle problems.
I suggest going with Adidas Feathers.

Panic492
09-21-2010, 08:40 PM
DO NOT GET THE 6's. I have flat wide feet and had 4 pairs of the B5's which will stretch but the B6's are NOT made for wide feet. I lost EVERY toenail. My feet/toes are such a mess from those shoes, it will be spring before they normal. I had it down to the Prince T22 and the Asics Gel Res. Both were fine.

ReopeningWed
09-21-2010, 08:45 PM
DO NOT GET THE 6's. I have flat wide feet and had 4 pairs of the B5's which will stretch but the B6's are NOT made for wide feet. I lost EVERY toenail. My feet/toes are such a mess from those shoes, it will be spring before they normal. I had it down to the Prince T22 and the Asics Gel Res. Both were fine.

Whoa. All of them? Pictures? :D

autumn_leaf
09-22-2010, 07:53 AM
i've always heard of adida shoes being tight. so if you have wide feet i would go with something else like New Balance which has a selection for wide feet. first thing you need to do is get your foot properly measured.

The_Question
09-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Honestly, the Tirand III and Bacrricade V I tried to play with felt a little wider than I liked...

Tennis_Monk
09-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I wouldnt recommend Barricades.

I apparently have flat feet. i never realized it nor cared about it before. That is until i bought barricades from mi addidas.

Rest is history and documented here
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=347396
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=347396