PDA

View Full Version : Breathe 2K10 McEnroe Edition

JoelDali
09-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Picked up a pair tonight and wore them home. After proclaiming CB 2.3 as the GSOAT all year long I have developed plantar and my feet have been in horrible pain the past 3 months greatly affecting not only tennis but everyday walking. I have constant foot pain all day, and I have no idea what has caused it.

I'm not sure if the CB 2.3 were the cause but I just had to buy the McEnroe 2Ks tonight and gamble the $100 on them, hoping my feet find some relief.

They fit much wider than the Breathe Cage II and feel really great so far.

Nice and roomy and stable.

They look really nice in person, but it will be a pain matching these with tops and shorts...lol.

http://img.tennis-warehouse.com/new_product/NMZBBR-1.jpg

TennisKid1
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
...WHAT!? This is an outrage to the dedicated JoelDali Courtballistec association! But in all seriousness, I was heavily considering these shoes before but the no durability guarantee made me nervous because of my slidy right foot serve motion thingy.

tennis boy
09-20-2010, 05:30 PM
my friend told me that the durability out of 10 is a 5, but the comfort out of 10 is a 9

T1000
09-20-2010, 05:39 PM
JoeDali, the million dollar question is...... is the swoosh red or pink

staedtler
09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Its suppose to be red. Its challenge red, which is quite red, but I must admit, in person the swoosh on the side is a lil pinkish. Its due to the faux carbon fiber material, as it shows lighter tones, thus looking quite pinkish. While the red on the midfoot shank is very red.

thejuice
09-20-2010, 06:12 PM
The dang swoosh is red. Staedtler is accurate that it may look pink to the weak minded but these shoes look great in person, look even better with some red, white, or black shorts, and even better, they FEEL great. I haven't had any durability issues but if I do I think I'd buy another pair (for the record, I rotate about four different pairs of non-durability shoes so I would wear through one pair less quickly anyway).

the mania
09-20-2010, 07:50 PM
The dang swoosh is red. Staedtler is accurate that it may look pink to the weak minded but these shoes look great in person, look even better with some red, white, or black shorts, and even better, they FEEL great. I haven't had any durability issues but if I do I think I'd buy another pair (for the record, I rotate about four different pairs of non-durability shoes so I would wear through one pair less quickly anyway).

Look pink to the weak minded, nice one. Seriously I've had these since they cane out, fit and look great, since I'm rolling in cash, couldn't care less about a warranty.

gino
09-20-2010, 07:58 PM
Well I can speak as someone who has used both shoes extensively. I ended up buying both at the same time.

I have to say the Courtballistec will still prove GSOAT in about 8-9 weeks. I am a competitive junior player who needs to trust a pair of shoes. The upper of my 2K10's has gone completely soft while my CB 2.3's still play great.

JD if you're having foot problems I say go for it. In regards to quality for us non-pros, I say the CB 2.3 is the best quality shoe. Berdych and who ever else is wearing the 2K10 currently gets a new pair for almost every match. I think you'll come to appreciate the 2.3's stability and great performance.

Let me know how it all develops.

G

parasailing
09-20-2010, 09:12 PM
I have tried both CB 2.3 and 2K10 and after some time on the court, I still think the CB 2.3 is a better shoe mainly because of it's stability.

The only drawback of the CB 2.3 is the weight and narrow toe box. The 2K10 felt cushy and are quite comfortable but lack the snug fit of the CB 2.3. My arch felt much better using CB 2.3 than the 2K10 so I guess to each their own.

Prostaffer
09-20-2010, 10:04 PM
CB 2.3's gave me shin splints. I never get splints. A great shoe, but the break in time is rough.

zasr4325
09-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Picked up a pair tonight and wore them home. After proclaiming CB 2.3 as the GSOAT all year long I have developed plantar and my feet have been in horrible pain the past 3 months greatly affecting not only tennis but everyday walking. I have constant foot pain all day, and I have no idea what has caused it.

I'm not sure if the CB 2.3 were the cause but I just had to buy the McEnroe 2Ks tonight and gamble the $100 on them, hoping my feet find some relief.

They look really nice in person, but it will be a pain matching these with tops and shorts...lol.

im not really too knowledgeable on the terms and such for foot conditions; what exactly is plantar fasciitis? because i get a really, really bad pain on the outside of my foot most of the time when i play tennis. it was the absolute worst in the vapor vi, pretty bad in the cage 2's and cb 1.3's and 2.3's, but so far in the 2k10's its not been too bad. in fact, the first time i had it was today when i had a hit at 8 in the morning; i was pretty late getting up, rushed to the courts and didn't really have much time to warm up. and after some time i felt the pain again, but after about half an hour, and constantly moving my feet around more so than usual, it seemed to relax a bit, and eventually stopped. i was in the 2k10's as well

Figjam
09-20-2010, 11:31 PM
i dont mean to tell you "I told you so" but

TOLD YOU SO!

jeremy45
09-21-2010, 01:43 PM

i got one already

very very very comfortable

JoelDali
09-21-2010, 04:30 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDEtMjAxMDA5MjAtMjIxNC5qcGc.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDAtMjAxMDA5MjAtMjIxMy5qcGc.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzItMjAxMDA5MjAtMjIwOS5qcGc.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzgtMjAxMDA5MjAtMjIxMi5qcGc.jpg

JoelDali
09-21-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm still very attached to the CB 2.3. I have 4 pairs hanging around.

I'm just trying to figure out what has fuched up my feet so badly.

I think the culprit may be the pair of Nike flip flops I wear on long walks since the beginning of Summer.

I cannot blame the CB 2.3 just yet at all, I just had to get a new pair of shoes for a new cushiony feeling and these Breathes looked too damn cool to pass up. I tried on the Adidias B6 but Jeeze they were too damn narrow.

CB 2.3 are still an awesome shoe, I'm hardly abandoning them at all, or de-GSOATing them, I'm just gonna give the B2K 10 hours of play to see how it goes. They won't last more than 8 weeks I'm sure since they have the V6 sole.

Plantar is a killer. I've never had foot pain and its brutal. Just sitting here typing this they feel raw and I havn't even played since Sunday.

:o

jcstennis
09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
got a pair 2 weeks ago... very happy with the shoe. i have a wide foot and there is plenty of space in this shoe... length is true to size. bends/pivots in the right spot. love the Vapor tongue, the Vapor sole, the cage breathes more than the BC II's, traction better than the BC II's. :)

list of shoes prior to the 2K10:
Babolat Propulse II Titanium
Nike Vapor VI Black/Silver
Nike Breathe Cage II
Adidas Barricade IV

parasailing
09-21-2010, 05:09 PM
JoelDali - I had plantar fasciitis when I started to play tennis and it is something that you have to take time to rest and stretch those tendons. I got initially when I started back into tennis wearing the Asics Gel Resolution 2 which do not work with people with high arch although it was comfortable and cushioned.

I switched to Vapor VI with Sof Athlete insole and that cured my foot issue until I found the CB 2.3s which I think are the best for people with mid to high arches coupled with the Sof insole. But I decided to give the Zoom2K10 a shot and notice that if I play for more than an hour, my foot starts acting up again so I am going to stick with CB 2.3s and hope that Nike fixes the narrow toe box.

chinobambino
09-21-2010, 08:04 PM

I think the culprit may be the pair of Nike flip flops I wear on long walks since the beginning of Summer.

I cannot blame the CB 2.3 just yet at all, I just had to get a new pair of shoes for a new cushiony feeling and these Breathes looked too damn cool to pass up. I tried on the Adidias B6 but Jeeze they were too damn narrow.

CB 2.3 are still an awesome shoe, I'm hardly abandoning them at all, or de-GSOATing them, I'm just gonna give the B2K 10 hours of play to see how it goes. They won't last more than 8 weeks I'm sure since they have the V6 sole.

Plantar is a killer. I've never had foot pain and its brutal. Just sitting here typing this they feel raw and I havn't even played since Sunday.

a-ha! The flip flops shed new light on the subject! Many folks aggravate their plantar during the summer months, and it is the sunny weather and the corresponding flip flops that are primarily the reason. Podiatrists HATE non supportive flip flops (actually, scratch that...they are good for their business!), and recommend footwear with arch support for all types of footwear, especially flip flops. Without the arch support, you're stretching and collapsing the plantar fascia, and unfortunately the main remedy is to stay off your feet to reduce the inflammation. You should also rest, massage, stretch and look at orthotics for all footwear.

Hope you get back on your feet soon!

gino
09-21-2010, 09:01 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDEtMjAxMDA5MjAtMjIxNC5qcGc.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDAtMjAxMDA5MjAtMjIxMy5qcGc.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzItMjAxMDA5MjAtMjIwOS5qcGc.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzgtMjAxMDA5MjAtMjIxMi5qcGc.jpg

I have to admit they look B.A.

Gino

ezrida
09-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi
There are many things you can do to treat your plantar fasciitis. I had plantar fasciitis for about two years and I discovered that treatment is individual. Things that work for one will not necessarily work for the other. The good news is that you have many treatments you can try but you must be persistent and patient.
I have found a good plantar fasciitis treatment review website in:
http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/How_is_Plantar_Fasciitis_Treated.html
There are many self care treatments ideas in there but I think you should consult a podiatrist before do something.
Take care

JoelDali
09-22-2010, 08:01 AM
a-ha! The flip flops shed new light on the subject! Many folks aggravate their plantar during the summer months, and it is the sunny weather and the corresponding flip flops that are primarily the reason. Podiatrists HATE non supportive flip flops (actually, scratch that...they are good for their business!), and recommend footwear with arch support for all types of footwear, especially flip flops. Without the arch support, you're stretching and collapsing the plantar fascia, and unfortunately the main remedy is to stay off your feet to reduce the inflammation. You should also rest, massage, stretch and look at orthotics for all footwear.

Hope you get back on your feet soon!

Bingo. I agree.

I'm convinced its the Nike flip flops.

2 hour walks with my dog in them all Summer long, its gotta be it.

Last night, after 3 sets I was in so much pain my buddy thought I was making excuses even though I won like 2, 1 and 3. LOL. I swear I could barely walk. The breathe 2K are not the answer, even though I love them now and will keep the CB 2.3 around. :)

I'm never wearing flip flops again.

I do feel this is a long term injury but it won't keep me off the courts.

I'm going to get the Superfeet Orange from TW.

Plantar is a killer. I could nto imagine being a runner having it. Impossible to run.

JoelDali
09-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi
There are many things you can do to treat your plantar fasciitis. I had plantar fasciitis for about two years and I discovered that treatment is individual. Things that work for one will not necessarily work for the other. The good news is that you have many treatments you can try but you must be persistent and patient.
I have found a good plantar fasciitis treatment review website in:
http://www.plantar-fasciitis-elrofeet.com/How_is_Plantar_Fasciitis_Treated.html
There are many self care treatments ideas in there but I think you should consult a podiatrist before do something.
Take care

Thanks, great site.

JoelDali
09-22-2010, 08:05 AM
JoeDali, the million dollar question is...... is the swoosh red or pink

Reddish pink............its not red or pink.

Jim A
09-22-2010, 09:10 AM
Joel, a lot of good stuff on plantar on the 'net recently..I've talked a lot of about it on these boards but the quick summary:

-you have to treat the symptoms - a lot of times its regarding muscles that are pulling all the way down and finally ending on the plantar.. my own experience in this was due to calf muscle sticking to the bone near the top of the muscle..a couple deep tissue massages along with ART (2-3 sessions) and I was back w/out the orthotics,etc...a company called TriggerPoint makes quite a few products in this

- more recent research showing in some people its dead tissue caused by lack of blood flow/cortisone shots/etc..for those suffering this way, often times its because the toes are no longer splayed out and constricts the blood flow..some people make a tool that splays the toes, looks like brass knuckles ..or you could get some socks by injinji I think that has spots for each toe.

flip flops bad/birkenstock or something with an actual arch support =ok

good luck

chinobambino
09-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Bingo. I agree.

Last night, after 3 sets I was in so much pain my buddy thought I was making excuses even though I won like 2, 1 and 3. LOL. I swear I could barely walk. The breathe 2K are not the answer, even though I love them now and will keep the CB 2.3 around. :)

Plantar is a killer. I could nto imagine being a runner having it. Impossible to run.

Take a look at these two sites that the WTA recommends to their athletes..
http://www.yoursole.com/products/ and http://www.vasyli.com/index.html.

Gemini
09-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Bingo. I agree.

You don't have to give up flip-flop sandals. They make them with arch support. I have a pair of Spenco "thong" sandals and they work well for me. Chaco is another brand that has a model with arch support.

I've been using the Superfeet Blue in all of my tennis shoes and they've saved me from HUGE amounts of pain post-tennis as well as the following morning. I tried the Orange but the arches were a bit too high. The Blue is the perfect fit.

Oh...and I think the 2K10's are a pinkish-red....

Good luck!!!

Sinner
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
At the risk of turning this into a plantar-discussion thread, I made the mistake of trying to play in my Air Tech Challenge 2's (Hot Lava). After a few weeks, I started getting pain in my arches, which I web-diagnosed as possibly plantar fasciitis. Anyway, I treated it as PF and did the usual RICE, tennis-ball stretching, etc. After it improved, I switched to the Zoom Tennis Trainers. Point-being, the ATC2's were to soft and didn't offer enough arch support (I have flat feet), which was probably the cause of my pain. These new performance shoes, like the Ballistecs and these Breathe 2K10's should all offer enough support. I don't think your PF was the result of the 2.3's (prob flip-flops).

Having said all that, I think these Mac editions look fantastic. I just wished they offer more colorways of the Breathe 2K10's

JoelDali
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Having said all that, I think these Mac editions look fantastic. I just wished they offer more colorways of the Breathe Frees

They are a great shoe but the sole blows for durability, but great traction on HC.

I was a hater of the Breathe 2k initially only because the BC II were so narrow and caused me immense drama and personal devastation during the winter season last year. I saw a thera****ed and then a fortune teller and she suggested that I move to the CB line but I did not like the 1.3 colorways, then the Oreos came out and blew us all away and changed the face of the game forever.

These new Breathes are very roomy, comfortable and the Macs look amazing in person I think with all the subtle details like the checkboard tongue and artsy inserts. I wore them with black Fed shorts, and a black I love NYC tennis Tshirt from 2009. Love the shoes. Hate the Plantar.

Sinner
09-22-2010, 12:02 PM
^ BTW, how do they fit? True-to-size? Did you go with your normal shoe size? thx

parasailing
09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
^ BTW, how do they fit? True-to-size? Did you go with your normal shoe size? thx

I have all three pairs, CB 2.3, Lunarlite, and 2k10, and for me, they all were the same size. The 2k10 has a very roomy toe box.

ci2ca
09-22-2010, 08:02 PM
I love these shoes. Only gripe is that the swoosh is a bit stiff out of the box and digs into the outside of my foot a little but after that it's all gravy. They're holding up pretty well from the hard court pounding and sliding.

JoelDali
09-23-2010, 06:11 AM
They feel like LunarLites but more stable. Very roomy for wide footed folks like me.

True to size.

No break in.

Sinner
09-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I have all three pairs, CB 2.3, Lunarlite, and 2k10, and for me, they all were the same size. The 2k10 has a very roomy toe box.
Good to know... thanks fellas.

JoelDali
09-24-2010, 06:11 PM
I've played 4 hours in these, threw the flip flops away and my feet feel much better.

I'm gonna try the CB 2.3 again in a week and see if the flip flop theory is true.

One thing I like about the B2K: they squeek whereas the CB 2.3 don't.

armsty
09-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm on my second pair of these, wrecked the insides of a white pair in 6 months, which is fairly fast since I play on synthetic grass courts mainly. Now on a blue pair.

I think these have a few hours of break in, but that's just my opinion.

I really like how stable but soft they feel, I spend hours/days/weeks on end wearing these for coaching and I don't have any problems at all. The fit is perfect for my foot and I love the low to ground feel. The warmer Aussie summer months mean the cage airflowing system is great and keeps them feeling fresh all day.

When the new line comes out I may try the new versions but if the sale price is good I will definitely stock up on a few pairs.

JoelDali
09-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I'm not concerned paying $100 for these. Looks like they'll last me a few months with less play in the fall.

I really like them and think they look fantastic.

I never liked the grey ones or the white ones but these and the blues are definitely cool.

thejuice
09-24-2010, 08:02 PM
One thing I like about the B2K: they squeek whereas the CB 2.3 don't.

I noticed that too. I love that sound.

the mania
09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I noticed that too. I love that sound.

So the shoes squeeks on purpose?

JoelDali
09-28-2010, 09:10 AM
So the shoes squeeks on purpose?

Well I fashioned a SqueekValve(tm) near the Lunarlon heel mechanisms to release and capture air at certain intervals. I put a flappy skin-like piece of silicon at the release valve point to make the high pitched sound. These generate the classic footwork squeeks you hear from Federer and years ago, Borg with his Diadoras.

My B2Ks automatically squeek every 90-180 seconds, regardless if I'm on the court or not. At my age you need good footwork, or at least fool people into thinking you do both on and off the court.

thejuice
09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Well I fashioned a SqueekValve(tm) near the Lunarlon heel mechanisms to release and capture air at certain intervals. I put a flappy skin-like piece of silicon at the release valve point to make the high pitched sound. These generate the classic footwork squeeks you hear from Federer and years ago, Borg with his Diadoras.

My B2Ks automatically squeek every 90-180 seconds, regardless if I'm on the court or not. At my age you need good footwork, or at least fool people into thinking you do both on and off the court.

lmao!!!!! :)

JoelDali
09-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Wow.

Just.

Wow.

I put the flip flops on tonight to walk the dog, and son of a gun my feet were in immediate pain.

Unreal.

So, to all those that have Plantar, watch what you're wearing.

Bad fitting shoes or flip flops can destroy your feet very easily.

I'm convinced of it.

hcb0804
09-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Wow.

Just.

Wow.

I put the flip flops on tonight to walk the dog, and son of a gun my feet were in immediate pain.

Unreal.

So, to all those that have Plantar, watch what you're wearing.

Bad fitting shoes or flip flops can destroy your feet very easily.

I'm convinced of it.

Get some Birkenstocks to walk the dog, they have support.

TennisKid1
09-28-2010, 07:23 PM

I always knew you were secretly 97 and a half....

JoelDali
09-29-2010, 07:08 AM
I always knew you were secretly 97 and a half....

http://djjaceone.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/jaceone.jpg

Fedace
09-29-2010, 07:22 AM

Joel Deli,,,,,My PF problem is Virtually CURED...........Halleluyaaa. had it for 2 years now....sick........ K-tape + Resveratrol did the Trick........YES.
Anyway,,,do you think B2K 10 is bad if you have PF ? and CB is much better for PF ?? CB 2.3 is so heavy though....that is only thing i had trouble with....:???:

JoelDali
09-29-2010, 08:03 AM
Joel Deli,,,,,My PF problem is Virtually CURED...........Halleluyaaa. had it for 2 years now....sick........ K-tape + Resveratrol did the Trick........YES.
Anyway,,,do you think B2K 10 is bad if you have PF ? and CB is much better for PF ?? CB 2.3 is so heavy though....that is only thing i had trouble with....:???:

Eh, I played in the CB 2.3 last night before the dog walk, and its not the shoe. I'm glad since I invested so much into the CB and like them alot.

I was in shock at the pain I felt when I tried the flip flops after many days of not wearing them. I felt huge pain in all parts of my feet, the Plantar was raging.

The Breathe 2K10 are a great shoe too. I love how roomy they are - with 2 pairs of the thinner Nike dri fit socks they fit perfectly for me and feel great on my feet.

I really like these alot and when they go on sale I will buy one pair.

This has been a great year for Nike all around. Several GOAT nominations in all catagories.

Figjam
09-29-2010, 09:04 AM
how do these compare to the Resolution 2's?

Fedace
09-29-2010, 09:09 AM
how do these compare to the Resolution 2's?

I think they said Resolution 2 BAD for the plantar fascitis. that is bit odd since i use Resolution 2 to walk my dog in. but i do not play tennis in it.

Fedace
09-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Eh, I played in the CB 2.3 last night before the dog walk, and its not the shoe. I'm glad since I invested so much into the CB and like them alot.

I was in shock at the pain I felt when I tried the flip flops after many days of not wearing them. I felt huge pain in all parts of my feet, the Plantar was raging.

The Breathe 2K10 are a great shoe too. I love how roomy they are - with 2 pairs of the thinner Nike dri fit socks they fit perfectly for me and feel great on my feet.

I really like these alot and when they go on sale I will buy one pair.

This has been a great year for Nike all around. Several GOAT nominations in all catagories.

I am Confused...?? so you are saying CB 2.3 is not good now....but CB is good for PF ???????? what is the difference ?? Are they not the same shoes ??:confused:

JoelDali
09-29-2010, 09:13 AM
I've never worn Asics. They look too much like cheesey running shoes.

hcb0804
10-02-2010, 06:50 AM
and now these are on sale $79.....will have to pick up a pair!

JoelDali
10-02-2010, 07:15 AM
I am Confused...?? so you are saying CB 2.3 is not good now....but CB is good for PF ???????? what is the difference ?? Are they not the same shoes ??:confused:

LOL

No, I said I played in the CB 2.3 and they did not cause plantar.

CB 2.3 are the best choice if you need the warranty.

B2K10 will not last on hardcourts for more than 40 hours of play for a competent tennis player.

CB 2.3 and B2K10 are both GOATable(tm).

I like them both.

JoelDali
10-02-2010, 07:16 AM
and now these are on sale $79.....will have to pick up a pair!

Damn, I gotta get me one more pair.

Thanks for the tip.

innoVAShaun
10-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Don't forget to use the TW Facebook coupon to get 10% off the sale items.

gino
10-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Lil off topic, but what does planter feel like? I like I may have developed it?............... :(

I am coming up on some important tennis in my life soon, anyone have quick advice?

Everytime I play I feel almost a burning soreness anytime I put pressure on my foot. The pain subsides within an hour after I play. I think my large insoles could be squeezing my feet inside my CB2.3's could be the problem.... or it could be the pair of broken Reef sandals that I wear a good amount (the heel in broken in both sandals).

JD, Fedace, others have advice?

Gino

gino
10-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Forgot to tell you guys that all of my CB 2.3's are pretty new. I just got three pairs, and I think I've wore my blue ones a max of 10 hours. Those are the ones I've wore the most also.

G

JoelDali
10-03-2010, 07:48 AM
For me its like a sledgehammer (not Hammer the rap guy) pounding into my heel.

Throw the sandals away.

Now.

I miss how easy they are to throw on but now I walk in the Mcenroes since they're newest and not covered in girlie clay.

I still believe in the GOATness of CB 2.3

After 7 hours of play in the B2K they are wearing quick. Same XDR BS sole material as V6 which blow. That's why I'm guessing they will be toast in 40 hours.

I took pics last night to post but fell asleep during SNL.

Plantar can severely affect your life.

I still have minor pains here and there but since I dumped the Nike crappy $18 flip flops its been great not having the Evil Plantar Death Destroyer Monster(tm) fuching with my feet.

zasr4325
10-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Lil off topic, but what does planter feel like? I like I may have developed it?............... :(

I am coming up on some important tennis in my life soon, anyone have quick advice?

Everytime I play I feel almost a burning soreness anytime I put pressure on my foot. The pain subsides within an hour after I play. I think my large insoles could be squeezing my feet inside my CB2.3's could be the problem.... or it could be the pair of broken Reef sandals that I wear a good amount (the heel in broken in both sandals).

JD, Fedace, others have advice?

Gino

whereabouts is it exactly on your feet? cos i get a similar "burning sensation" on the inside and outside of my feet, that can subside after play. and, exactly as you've said, it feels like the insoles are squeezing my feet. its mainly on the arched part of my foot on both feet, and also can happen on the outside. and its usually most prominent in the colder winter months, if i'm not warm enough before hitting. i spent most of the summer on the clay in spain, and then moved onto hard courts in dubai, both places where its obviously very hot, and only once did i have any twinges, and that was when i was breaking in new 2k10's in dubai. but i just got back to england (cold winter and indoors on carpet) and felt the pain about a week ago when first playing in the 2.3's. i've used the 2k10's a couple of times, and they actually seem better; much comfier and wider. but i went to the gym before training tonight in the 2.3's, to get a bit warm, and they seemed much better.
i did go to a podiatrist just before going to dubai, and she said i had very wide feet. she actually said my feet were quite "muscly", because there was something they were compensating for and thus built up more muscle (i know, weird!) in different places, almost to the extent that it was like i had an extra toe on the outside of both feet! so gino, i don't know if you've got wide feet, but if you do, or its similar to what i've got, then that might be the reason for the pain you've got.

gino
10-03-2010, 12:44 PM
whereabouts is it exactly on your feet? cos i get a similar "burning sensation" on the inside and outside of my feet, that can subside after play. and, exactly as you've said, it feels like the insoles are squeezing my feet. its mainly on the arched part of my foot on both feet, and also can happen on the outside. and its usually most prominent in the colder winter months, if i'm not warm enough before hitting. i spent most of the summer on the clay in spain, and then moved onto hard courts in dubai, both places where its obviously very hot, and only once did i have any twinges, and that was when i was breaking in new 2k10's in dubai. but i just got back to england (cold winter and indoors on carpet) and felt the pain about a week ago when first playing in the 2.3's. i've used the 2k10's a couple of times, and they actually seem better; much comfier and wider. but i went to the gym before training tonight in the 2.3's, to get a bit warm, and they seemed much better.
i did go to a podiatrist just before going to dubai, and she said i had very wide feet. she actually said my feet were quite "muscly", because there was something they were compensating for and thus built up more muscle (i know, weird!) in different places, almost to the extent that it was like i had an extra toe on the outside of both feet! so gino, i don't know if you've got wide feet, but if you do, or its similar to what i've got, then that might be the reason for the pain you've got.

WOW zsar,

I don't think you could have described my issues to the tea any better. I get the exact same "burning" on the inside of my arches and the outer portion of my forefoot. That is exactly what I have going on. I have super wide feet and large arches, I feel like length wise, my 2.3's are brilliant, yet sometimes they suffocate my feet. I use Polysorb total support insoles, and I am considering a switch to make my feet feel better. Did the podiatrist give you a diagnosis or possible remedy to the problem we seem to be sharing?????? I also noticed the 2K10's to be a bit wider, but I prefer the stability of the 2.3.

JD I'm tossing my sandals just in case. Thanks for the advice.

Gino

zasr4325
10-04-2010, 07:30 AM
WOW zsar,

I don't think you could have described my issues to the tea any better. I get the exact same "burning" on the inside of my arches and the outer portion of my forefoot. That is exactly what I have going on. I have super wide feet and large arches, I feel like length wise, my 2.3's are brilliant, yet sometimes they suffocate my feet. I use Polysorb total support insoles, and I am considering a switch to make my feet feel better. Did the podiatrist give you a diagnosis or possible remedy to the problem we seem to be sharing?????? I also noticed the 2K10's to be a bit wider, but I prefer the stability of the 2.3.

Gino

well at least ive found someone else who has the same problem as me :). if it ever flares up, my coach always asks me what im doing, cos i have to take my shoes off to relieve the pain! i forgot to say that i did try some store bought insoles (i think they were sof sole, not sure which model) but i bought them on the recommendation of the store owner, who said that she could tell by the way i was walking i had high arches, and these insoles would help them. so i bought the insoles, and put up with some adjustment pain, (as i was told that would happen) but after roughly 3 months with no change and still pain, i finally went to see a specialist, who referred me to about a million people, until recently i got to see the podiatrist (British NHS for ya!). so i see her, and she actually says i am closer to flat footed than high arches, and the insoles were actually making it worse, as they were intended for people with high arches, basically the opposite of what i have. she said that its not a big issue, but that i would have to have custom orthotics made, and that these would iron out any problems with my feet. by now it should only be a few weeks until they come, so ill report back when they get here.
but you should definitely try and wear the most broken in shoes you have, as they'll be more likely to flex and compensate for our wider feet. in terms of shoes, definitely don't ever get vapor vi's, as they were like walking on fire. the break in period was terrible, and often i couldn't walk properly after wearing them. if i wore them a couple days in a row and left them out in the heat so they didn't really stiffen up again, then they were bearable enough to at least get enough use out of them to justify buying them, but as soon as they lost a bit of traction, i got the 2.3's. these were better than the vi's and my old 1.3's, but occasionally would cause a bit of pain if i didn't warm up properly, or started off by trying to crush the ball. however, the 2k10's have been nothing but bliss. they don't have the same support and i guess you'd also say stability as the 2.3's, and i can already see the upper wearing a bit on the toe. but they feel so comfy, and so much lighter than the 2.3's that i can forgive them that. only problem is the durability, or lack thereof, so at the moment im alternating between the 2.3's, 2k10's and a pair of bc2's for grass, astro and clay.

hcb0804
10-09-2010, 08:54 AM
WOW zsar,

Gino

JD and Gino:

This might help.....I found a flip flop that I have been wearing that is very comfortable and has support and is pretty good looking. It's the Teva style Elixer 5. I definitely feel a difference in being pain free in my arch and heel when I wear the Teva's vs. any other flip flops (I have some Reef, Born, and Tommy Bahama). The Teva's have a nicely countoured insole that you can actually feel the arch support in.

Maybe try those for walking the dog...........

Stewball55
10-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I just picked up a pair of these last week. Only played 1 match with them and so far so good. They look alot better in person, the web pics dont do justice!

gino
10-14-2010, 07:19 PM
JD and Gino:

This might help.....I found a flip flop that I have been wearing that is very comfortable and has support and is pretty good looking. It's the Teva style Elixer 5. I definitely feel a difference in being pain free in my arch and heel when I wear the Teva's vs. any other flip flops (I have some Reef, Born, and Tommy Bahama). The Teva's have a nicely countoured insole that you can actually feel the arch support in.

Maybe try those for walking the dog...........

hcb,

Thanks my man, I'll definitely look into that. I just got a new pair of Reefs, but it's worth taking a look at. Thanks again for the heads up.

Gino

JoelDali
10-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Yeah thanks too, I'm just lacing up and skipping sandals all together from now on.

My Plantar is still henous in my left foot.

JoelDali
10-15-2010, 06:21 AM
Here are B2K10 Macs after 12 hours of hardcourt play.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTAtMjAxMDEwMTUtMDgyOS5qcGc.jpg

Toe Dragg holes:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTEtMjAxMDEwMTUtMDgzMC5qcGc.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAyMTUtMjAxMDEwMDktMjM1OC5qcGc.jpg

Here are CB 2.3 after 50 hours.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BSU1HMDAyNTItMjAxMDEwMTUtMDgzMC5qcGc.jpg

zasr4325
10-15-2010, 06:58 AM
^^JD, ive got those toe drag holes in exactly the same place too; the material underneath is actually fraying through the upper on mine, and its only been at most 20-25 hours. i've had my cb 2.3's for about 6 months now, and put in roughly 150-200 hours on them, although i play primarily on indoor carpet, and they're still ok. i played on hard court for about a month in between, and they were still fine after that. the only thing is, after wearing the (i found) slightly wider 2k10's, my feet are getting that squeezy burning feeling every time i use the 2.3's. i just wish they could put the outsole of the 2.3's onto the 2k10's, if that was at all possible.

Alex75
10-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Those 2k10 are really for clay court only...

JoelDali
10-15-2010, 09:18 AM

Well, I agree but I primarily play on HC.

Looking forward to the 3.3.

JoelDali
10-15-2010, 10:09 AM
^^JD, ive got those toe drag holes in exactly the same place too; the material underneath is actually fraying through the upper on mine, and its only been at most 20-25 hours. i've had my cb 2.3's for about 6 months now, and put in roughly 150-200 hours on them, although i play primarily on indoor carpet, and they're still ok. i played on hard court for about a month in between, and they were still fine after that. the only thing is, after wearing the (i found) slightly wider 2k10's, my feet are getting that squeezy burning feeling every time i use the 2.3's. i just wish they could put the outsole of the 2.3's onto the 2k10's, if that was at all possible.

Yeah, I've been getting the squeezy feeling in the cb 2.3 too after wearing the B2K10.

I actually put them on last night and tried to loosen them up more.

zasr4325
10-15-2010, 10:54 AM

isn't it just a herringbone outsole, but not quite as deep cut like the clay court ones are, and not full length one like the clay court versions? cos they are specified as all court shoes, same as the vapour vi outsole. the clay court versions are deeper cut to give better traction aren't they?

hcb0804
10-27-2010, 04:41 PM

Mine just came today, I put them on immediately upon receipt and did not take them off rest of the day...man these are comfortable compared to any thing else I have. Previously I had thought some Lotto SynPulse Raptor Due Speeds I have were the most comfortable shoe I had, and these 2K10 rival those for roominess and comfort. For sure they beat the 2.3's for comfort.

Fedace
10-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Mine just came today, I put them on immediately upon receipt and did not take them off rest of the day...man these are comfortable compared to any thing else I have. Previously I had thought some Lotto SynPulse Raptor Due Speeds I have were the most comfortable shoe I had, and these 2K10 rival those for roominess and comfort. For sure they beat the 2.3's for comfort.

I can't find this color anywhere anymore....:???:

Admerr
10-28-2010, 02:24 AM
I can't find this color anywhere anymore....:???:

What size you looking for?

Fedace
10-28-2010, 04:19 AM
What size you looking for?

size 9 in Nike

JoelDali
10-28-2010, 05:32 AM
size 9 in Nike

Size 9 has been discontinued.

dsmercado
10-28-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm starting to not like my pair. I usually wear a size 14 in Nike.

The toe box has too much room. I feel like my toes are getting bruised and tossed around when I'm playing tennis.

I know some people have gone down half a size, but unfortunately they don't make 13.5 and 13 is too small.

I'm liking my CB 2.3s more now, especially the extra cushioning. I'll just have to live with the extra weight.

JoelDali
10-28-2010, 06:00 AM
I'm starting to not like my pair. I usually wear a size 14 in Nike.

The toe box has too much room. I feel like my toes are getting bruised and tossed around when I'm playing tennis.

I know some people have gone down half a size, but unfortunately they don't make 13.5 and 13 is too small.

I'm liking my CB 2.3s more now, especially the extra cushioning. I'll just have to live with the extra weight.

If you're wearing thin socks then yes, this will be the effect.

Try to wear one extra thin pair, it works good for me.

I'm not switching to B2K10 permanently.

Mine have about 15 hours left, then its on to 3.3.

Will wear 2.3 spares until Jan 1.

dsmercado
10-28-2010, 06:10 AM
If you're wearing thin socks then yes, this will be the effect.

Try to wear one extra thin pair, it works good for me.

I'm not switching to B2K10 permanently.

Mine have about 15 hours left, then its on to 3.3.

Will wear 2.3 spares until Jan 1.

I actually went to a thicker pair of socks and it's still pretty roomy.

Initially I was wearing thin socks and they were even more roomy. I think I may just stick with my 2.3s for now.

How do you know you will like the 3.3s? I guess you can try them when they come out. Just wondering if you have any inside knowledge.

JoelDali
10-28-2010, 06:16 AM
I actually went to a thicker pair of socks and it's still pretty roomy.

Initially I was wearing thin socks and they were even more roomy. I think I may just stick with my 2.3s for now.

How do you know you will like the 3.3s? I guess you can try them when they come out. Just wondering if you have any inside knowledge.

I will order a pair from TW, check them out and keep or return.

If they are that grey orange puke color, I will not order them.

JoelDali
11-04-2010, 06:59 AM
25+ Hours later....time to replace.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BTWFuaGF0dGFuLTIwMTAxMTAzLTAwMDA5LmpwZw.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BTWFuaGF0dGFuLTIwMTAxMTAzLTAwMDA3LmpwZw.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BTWFuaGF0dGFuLTIwMTAxMTAzLTAwMDA2LmpwZw.jpg

argentinagang
11-04-2010, 12:26 PM
25+ Hours later....time to replace.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BTWFuaGF0dGFuLTIwMTAxMTAzLTAwMDA5LmpwZw.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BTWFuaGF0dGFuLTIwMTAxMTAzLTAwMDA3LmpwZw.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e237/JoeDali/utf-8BTWFuaGF0dGFuLTIwMTAxMTAzLTAwMDA2LmpwZw.jpg

100 dollars gone to trash in 25 hours.great.

the mania
11-04-2010, 01:36 PM

dude, how can that be from 25 hours of play time? are you playing on sandpaper?

JoelDali
11-04-2010, 08:06 PM
dude, how can that be from 25 hours of play time? are you playing on sandpaper?

LoL

Hardcourt 90% of the time. To be fair, perhaps these are at 30 hrs but not much more than that.

What about the kid who recently said he wore out CB 2.3 in 4 hours?

The sole of the Vapors and B2K10 are not warranty friendly. They don't last if you are a serious player.

banter
11-04-2010, 09:31 PM

Basically... I'm feeling very math-y. Say 80 dollars was spent on it. That's 3.2 dollars per hour in those shoes. Oh my.

I have a pair and I'm using them sparingly. I have probably spent 5 hours in them: 3 coming from playing racquetball and volleyball on a hardwood surface. I balance my tennis play with 2.3's because I want these McEnroe's to last.