PDA

View Full Version : O3 or Flexpoint?

doriancito
06-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Which of these 2 racquets are better in Control and power? The 03 racquets or the Flexpoin racquets

Bench43
06-01-2005, 04:28 PM
i have demo'ed both sticks. I thought that the o3 had much less pop and feel but good control and super power (depending on which model)

I hated the flexpoint. if you hit it in just the right spot it sent the ball flying. too unpredictable,

I think ill be buying the o3 tour

foetz
06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
i have demo'ed both sticks. I thought that the o3 had much less pop and feel

i've heard this quite often the last few weeks and i can't understand it.
IMO the o3t has a superb touch and without a vibrastop the pop is just right.

Bench43
06-01-2005, 06:24 PM
i've heard this quite often the last few weeks and i can't understand it.
IMO the o3t has a superb touch and without a vibrastop the pop is just right.

Hmm, I havent tried it without the vibrastop. would it give the racquet a bad "ring" or what. I hate that ring some raquets make. I really prefer graphite for that reason... feels so solid, but you cant really find any good new technology with graphite

Bench43
06-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Honestly I think the reason you hear so much of the same opinion about a certain racquet is because if people read something about a racquet, then go demo it, its very easy to notice it, or really more like THINK you notice it.

Ahh the power of suggestion.

AndrewD
06-01-2005, 07:06 PM
When you say that a racquet has less 'pop' but good power what do you mean? When we use those two words we're actually referring to the same thing.

I never use a vibration dampner and found the 03Tour to play very well without it. Agree that it could do with a bit more weight up top but it isn't essential. For a great many people it will be fine in stock form. If you want a bit more weight it's very easy to add lead tape. Actually, I think Prince may have had that in mind and tried to provide a racquet you could customise if you wanted to so it would have appeal right across the board. Pretty much in the same way that the PD can be used by anyone as is but appeals to higher rated players when they add weight.

The FlexPoint I just don't like although I do find it a far more comfortable hit than the LM Radical. Power is there but it has the kind of feel you either love or hate. Control-wise its okay although I can think of quite a few other frames with significantly better control. I do believe the 03 provides better controllable power but you'd have to hit with both to see what you think.

Regardless I do believe that, with the new technologies, Head have lost their way a bit whereas Prince have built three very good, very playable racquets with their 03 line.

Bench43
06-01-2005, 10:24 PM
I guess when I say "pop" I mean the way it feels hitting the ball, if you can feel like you really hit something. Maybe thats the same as feel. I don't know I guess I may have used that phrase incorrectly. Sorry about that.

foetz
06-02-2005, 04:31 AM
Hmm, I havent tried it without the vibrastop. would it give the racquet a bad "ring" or what.

no, because of the o ports.
it's the first and only racquet i play without any vibrastop in my life!

RafaN RichardG
06-02-2005, 03:16 PM
the o3 is lightyears better i own a couple myself. my friend (despite my encouragement not to) bought a flexpoint radical OS and he absolutely hated it. the topspin was horrible and so was the control. well maybe the control was ok but the spins really were bad. the o3 has an amazing dampened feel to it with power, control, and spin. i also found that that the flexpoint had a ringing sound too. it was much louder, and sounded more like a ratteling.