PDA

View Full Version : Coria's Style

philip18
06-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Can anyone tell me his stratergy on court and that. This guy is my favourite tennis player and I would to play exactly like him :p . How can I do this? Well, if not possible, atleast some stuff.

I am a beginner in tennis. :|

TwistServe
06-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Well he is pretty much a counter puncher, he gets every ball back.. But he'll attack any short balls.

philip18
06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
he does not try to win any point unless it's a short ball?

Jon Hampton
06-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Coria is a grinder...he'll work a point as long as is necessary to either have a winner hit on him, or to get the unforced error from his opponent. You need extreme physical conditioning to move around like he does, so I'd say work on that first. After that, work on getting every ball back into play, and try and work your opponent deep (as in don't hit any short balls).

Kana Himezaki
06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
As other people said, Coria is generally a counterpuncher.

Great fitness, lots of speed, and extremely consistent. He'll send most balls deep with topspin. I definitely wouldn't say he doesn't go aggressive unless it's a short ball. However, he does not screw up, and when given an opportunity will put the short ball away for the point.

When he hits balls, he wants them deep. Preferably with topspin, so they jump off the court a little. Thus he can stay on the offensive, even without loads of pace. Keeping the ball deep is essential in all higher levels of tennis to produce a ball that's harder to attack. Also, at lower levels, it forces a LOT of errors. When aiming to hit deep, you shouldn't be aiming for right at the baseline, but generally at LEAST between the middle of the service and baseline. Work on that after you're consistent.

Um...yup. Conditioning and speed are a must for this consistent style of play.

ProStaffTour90
06-01-2005, 03:57 PM
...and make sure your useless on grass.

Prince_of_Tennis
06-01-2005, 05:03 PM
...and make sure your useless on grass.

and choke.

- I was going to use that name when I signed up but it was already taken was it you!!!!!!!

philip18
06-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Thanks guys. I will give it a try.