PDA

View Full Version : Worst shoes i've bought...

chris1992
09-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Babolat propulse 2.

Heard some great reviews about them BUT i have size 12 narrow feet. theyre definetly for wide feet and i had to tighten them alot which ruins structure of the shoe or theres no support.

They seem very heavy across the court and clumsy when normally i have fairly nifty footwork.

I dont think all the strapping helps, if anything it just makes the shoe feel like a support bandage.

Hoepfully they will grow on me but for 90, they hardly seem worth it....

JasonPlaysTennis
09-26-2010, 11:15 AM
These are the best shoes on the market (IMO) but you probably bought the wrong size.. The strapping definitely helps, you're just probably used to lighter shoes.

WildVolley
09-26-2010, 07:34 PM
You just learned that there is no best shoe. Some shoes are better designed and made than others, but if they don't fit, you probably won't notice the difference.

You should try to buy shoes that fit your feet. That's why it really makes sense to try shoes on until you find one that fits well.

For example, a lot of people here sing the praise of Nike shoes, but I've found them in general too narrow for my forefeet. So I wear Prince and Yonex shoes with wider toe boxes.

If you need a narrower fit, there are both Nike and Adidas models which should match your feet better.

flashfire276
09-26-2010, 07:36 PM
It's because the shoe isn't made for your foot shape. Sorry about that man. These are really good shoes too.

You should check out the Vapor line. Not the Lunarlite Vapor, but the Vapor VI, and any before it. They are made for the more narrow foot, and they are a great all-around shoe.

the mania
09-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Worst shoe ever! Heavy as bricks. Zero forefoot cushioning. Stiff as a Dalit on leave in Singapore. Pure trash!

Figjam
09-27-2010, 01:23 AM
yeah they suck, ive seen people wear through them in a month, and they have zero ankle support (hey now you too can be just like roddick and wear ankle supports!!!)

even just wearing them in the store i felt i could roll my ankle right out of them, but hey if you have crappy foot work like roddick I guess that wont happen.

supersmasher
09-27-2010, 01:28 AM
How do they compare to the asics? Do they last longer? Thank you

bcart1991
09-27-2010, 06:37 AM
I love my Propulse 2s (2nd pair). I have narrow feet, and a second pair of thin socks helps this greatly without getting the shoes too tight.

Then again, not every shoe is right for every person. I liked the Barricade 5 and CC Genius, but the latest generations don't seem to fit the same. And the Asics tennis shoes fit me like garbage, but their running shoes fit me nicely.

It's all about what fits you.

JasonPlaysTennis
09-27-2010, 10:01 AM
I've had my Propulse 2's since January and they've still got a lot of life in them and I play 4 times a week (on a bad week... every day for 1-2 hours in a good week... these are also the shoe i primarily wear.)

gamerx52986
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
For me the worst pair of shoes I've bought are Babolat Team All Court Reverse. Super light shoe and very comfortable for everything but actual tennis. I have always considered myself to have a normal foot but these things are so tight that both of my big toes turned black/blue from bruising after just one match. Before anybody comments I did purchase a slightly larger size since reading that they are a snug fit. Oh well back to my Barricade V's as I know they are comfortable.

wiibssz
09-28-2010, 01:38 AM
in my opinion, the K-swiss accomplish omni is the worst shoe. the comfort is really good, it feels like you are running on pilows, but the outsole is just not durable enough. also the plastic thing by the lacets killed the comfort. I got cramps in my foot because of it. I switched to the nike courtballestic 2.3 and those are much better^^

Fuzzball7
10-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Ballistec 1.3 worst shoe ever, too stiff, no cushioning. Barricade 6 - Magic!

georgeslo
10-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Worst shoe ever, was the nike air max breathe cage II....no lateral foot suport whatsoever and way too soft....i guess i'm just not into the "glove" shoes....i'm sticking with my barricades V forever :)

Hankenstein
10-03-2010, 05:39 AM
I actually hated the Pro Pulse II as well! They was just not for me. I didnt find the cushioning to be enough and they felt very hard in the forefoot.

I also hate my nike CB 2.3s.. To low for my liking. It feels like my foot wants to jump out of this shoe.

Best shoe ever,, Asics Gel Res II.. MAgic!