PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder hurting! TF 325 vs. 300G

tschevap
06-02-2005, 12:35 AM
Hi!

I have troubles with my shoulder using a heavy racket with higher swingweight. It all started with the RD7, which blew my shoulder and i had to stop playing tennis for half a year.
After that i played the Warrior, which was fine and didnt give me any pains. But the Prince had too much power for my game and i had to look for something else.
Finally i play the Tecnifibre TF 325 now, which starts to hurt my shoulder again. Somehow i cant push those heavier frames around without gettings soreness in the forearm and shoulder.
I used a very soft strung Isospeed Professional, so the string might not be the problem...

Now i am thinking of another racket...what do you think of the 300G as an option? Did some search and found ambivalent opinions on the arm safety of this one...
But for me it seems ideal: lighter and less swingweigt, but not much power, which is quite seldom to find on the lightweights...

What do you think? Thanks a lot...

all-court-loser
06-02-2005, 01:00 AM
go for the o3 tour! ;)

KickServer
06-02-2005, 01:23 AM
The 300g may work for you. For me, it caused tennis elbow. It was strung with Kirschbaum Touch Turbo 17ga at max tension, so that could cause the problem. Once I switched to the ProKennex Pro 5g, all my pain went away. It's a very arm friendly and a little lighter than the rd-7 (awesome racquet).

Bora
06-02-2005, 07:14 AM
I had pain issues with 300g, so I wouldn't recommend that. O3 Tour might be a good idea as mentioned. The Head LM Radical OS is lighter and extremely shoulder friendly, might wanna try that, too.

freewalker
06-02-2005, 07:27 AM
I had should pain when using a Wilson Ncode 6.1 95. After I switched to 300G, the pain went away.

I think 300G is very shoulder-friendly.