PDA

View Full Version : Head Prestige LM 600 and the classic one

cedric13
06-02-2005, 04:28 AM
What are the big differences ?

I found on **** some cheap LM and can't find any good Classic ones
(Europe wise) and when I find some it's about the same prize as a new LM
on ****.

I used to play with a classic one and enjoyed it.

GregOz
06-02-2005, 05:17 AM
cedric13, my experience has been that the LM Prestige mid is quite a change from the older PC600, Prestige Classic and Prestige Pro in terms of playability and, most significantly, 'feel'. Ive found the LM to have a bit more power than older Prestige models but a far less comfortable feel and less control. In my opinion it doesn't volley as well as the earlier Prestige models and its sweetspot is located far more to the bottom of the stringbed which can be a real nuisance when at net. Seems to generate spin and slice more easily but the harsher feel put me off it. It also doesn't handle lower tensions as well as the older versions and has a somewhat different feel in your hand. Not sure if that is psychological but it feels a touch thicker.

So, if you find that the LM prices are the same as the Classic, or less, I wouldn't be concerned. I believe that most Prestige users have rejected the LM version for similar reasons to the ones Ive outlined above. As a result the Classic is far more sought after. I can't speak with authority on the situation in Europe but I have noticed one ****er - The abc's of tennis- regularly has the older version Prestige up for sale and he's in Germany.

You could look at the i-Prestige, although I didn't like the feel of that one either and found it to have a lot less power than earlier Prestige models due to its very low swingweight.

cedric13
06-13-2005, 01:32 AM
I liked a flat serve with the Prestige Classic.
Anyone used to that and tried with the liquidmetal ?