PDA

View Full Version : Wilson ncode nsix-one tour 90, grip size 4 3/4 and butt cap size 4 5/8!

merlin_23
06-02-2005, 06:16 AM
Has anyone purchased a Wilson ncode nsix-one tour 90 racket in a grip size 6 (4 3/4) and noticed that although the sticker on the frame says grip size 6 (4 3/4) on the butt cap it says size 5 (4 5/8 )! I've got two rackets like this and was wondering if Wilson have put the wrong size butt caps on both rackets or it's just a misprint on both rackets.

Pushmaster
06-02-2005, 09:01 AM
I bought a HPS 6.1 4 3/4 (L6) when they first came out (with silver graphics, not yellow) from TW and it had 4 3/4 on the throat and buttcap. When I bought my second one a year later with the different graphics (yellow instead of silver) it was like your nCode Tour 90, had 4 3/4 on the throat but 4 5/8 on the buttcap, I noticed right away the second HPS 6.1's grip felt smaller than my first one, in fact it did feel just like a 4 5/8. I'm sorry I can't answer your question because I don't have one, but from my experience if it says 4 5/8 on the buttcap that's probably what it is unless it was built up.

Michelangelo
06-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Take it to tennis store have grip resizing job. You might also find some new setting (like the change of weight distribution and total weight due to the resizing heat shrink sleeve or tape under the original grip) suits you even more thereafter. If you really don't like, then sell it and those resizing jobs are totally reversable.

Pushmaster
06-02-2005, 06:08 PM
I forgot to ask you if the 2nd tour 90's grip (L6) feels as big to you as the 1st one you bought?

merlin_23
06-02-2005, 06:53 PM
After comparing both grips I think the grip on the second Tour 90 feels a bit smaller than the first. I wouldn't be suprised if it's actually a L5 instead of an L6. I live in England aswell so i'm in a bit of a dilema as to what I should do with the racket because sending it back to the states is going to be a pain and expensive! If only I could get this grip size in the UK it would make life a lot easier!

gregraven
06-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Have you considered measuring the grip size, as opposed to guessing at it?

merlin_23
06-03-2005, 09:51 AM
I have measured it and it seems to come up a bit smaller then my other Tour 90. After speaking to Wilson they said that I've definately got the wrong size butt caps for sure but Wilson in the USA won't ship replacements outside of the U.S. and that size isn't available in the U.K.