PDA

View Full Version : Prince Neos - Help Needed

beststringer
09-28-2010, 11:29 AM
Gurus, can you please help with the following?

1. Do you use lubricants to make the clamps slide along the table (not the bar) more easily?

2. what do you do to protect the paint around the racket throat from the two round steel posts? I used post-it notes.

airman88
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Usually you clean the clamps with rubbing alcohol.

diredesire
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM

1. Do you use lubricants to make the clamps slide along the table (not the bar) more easily?

2. what do you do to protect the paint around the racket throat from the two round steel posts? I used post-it notes.

Do you have a used machine? The bar shouldn't touch the frames. There should be plastic inserts that are used as baffles, and they'll increase surface area.

you shouldn't have to lube the rails, just keep them clean. A Q-tip with rubbing alcohol, and make sure the rails are lined up properly. To do so, grab a properly sized allen wrench, and loosen the black "sliders." If they're aligned, you should have nice, free, smooth action. If they tend to stick even after a thorough cleaning, try a dry silicone spray, white lithium grease, or graphite lubricant (used for cleaning guns). I generally advise to avoid lubing up the glide rails, though.

Cheers.

diredesire
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Here is a post with a photo of the plastic insert:
http://www.photostringer.com/images/prince_neos_1000_061121-002.jpg

You can sort of see it, it's not the clearest... (ironically, this picture is from the tennis center i used to work at part time...)

Edit: (i guess it's not that ironic, i submitted photos to photostringer... now that i think about it..)

Josh10s
09-28-2010, 12:39 PM
yeah keep the rails clean, but liquid wrench or some other silicone based lubricant will work well. Also cutting up a synthetic replacement grip to use as padding has always worked for me.

diredesire
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
http://rs.tennis-warehouse.com/tw/pdfs/NEOSManual.pdf

Also shown there, Page 4.

Glide bar adjustment, page 12.

I'm guessing that manual will answer questions you didn't even know you had ;)

Edit: Also, moving this thread to machines.

mad dog1
09-28-2010, 12:55 PM

1. use a dry teflon lubricant for the rails and tracks of the glide bars.

2. you are missing the nylon racquet adapters. the 2 round steel posts hold the throat adapters in place. if you're missing them, call up JC at tennismachines and order up a pack. i think they sell for $10+shipping for the complete set.

beststringer
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM

2. you are missing the nylon racquet adapters. the 2 round steel posts hold the throat adapters in place. if you're missing them, call up JC at tennismachines and order up a pack. i think they sell for $10+shipping for the complete set.

Thank you all for the expert advice!!! You gurus are super good.

diredesire
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM

Oooh, good info on that contact. i wasn't aware they sold spare plastics. That's good to know, consider the age a lot of NEOSes are getting to be these days..

mad dog1
09-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Oooh, good info on that contact. i wasn't aware they sold spare plastics. That's good to know, consider the age a lot of NEOSes are getting to be these days..

yeah, my neos was missing some of the throat adaptors so i called up prince who directed me to tennis machines. i believe they carry all Neos spare parts. i also ordered a new disc brake. JC was great. very friendly & super knowledgeable.

mad dog1
09-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Thank you all for the expert advice!!! You gurus are super good.

no prob. i used to own a neos before i got a gamma 6004. the neos is a super machine. still regret selling it.

beststringer
09-29-2010, 03:19 PM
no prob. i used to own a neos before i got a gamma 6004. the neos is a super machine. still regret selling it.

NEOS is great. it feels indestructable. my friends like the results too.

beernutz
09-30-2010, 08:32 AM

I second the tennismachines recommendation for Neos parts. They are great to deal with.

Ronaldo
09-30-2010, 09:45 AM

Perhaps the glide bar ends are not parallel. Check page 13 of the Neos guide. Have the same problem.