PDA

View Full Version : Prince Neos - Help Needed

beststringer
09-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Gurus, can you please help with the following?

1. Do you use lubricants to make the clamps slide along the table (not the bar) more easily?

2. what do you do to protect the paint around the racket throat from the two round steel posts? I used post-it notes.

rufusbgood
09-28-2010, 12:15 PM
1. I've use lithium grease on the glide bar rails but prefer a silicone based lubricant I found called Sil Glyde SG-2. Comes in a 1.5 oz tube. Should be easy to google it.

2. It sounds like you are missing the frame retainers. Those two metal posts are not meant to support the frame directly.

http://i56.tinypic.com/dmu3jt.gif

MAX PLY
09-28-2010, 12:22 PM
1. Lubricants should not be necessary--keep the glide bars and the inside of the clamps (where they grip the glide bars) clean and you should be fine. I understand that there is a product called "Glide Slide" to make it easier but I have never ever had to use. I feel that a lubricant would cause more problems than it would solve.

2. I am not sure I understand your second question. You should be using the frame retainers to retain the throat--different ones are used for different frames. The retainers go onto the posts--your racquet should not be against the posts (as in the pic in the post above-from p. 8 of the owners manual). Check p. 26 of the manual for the assortment of retainers--and if you don't have them, get them immediately.

rufusbgood
09-28-2010, 01:02 PM
1. Lubricants should not be necessary--keep the glide bars and the inside of the clamps (where they grip the glide bars) clean and you should be fine.

Agree, but I think he is referring to the metal on metal contact between the glide bars and the tray table, not the clamp and the glide bar.

MAX PLY
09-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Agree, but I think he is referring to the metal on metal contact between the glide bars and the tray table, not the clamp and the glide bar.

Ooops, you're right. Still would not lubricate--keep the tongue and groove area clean and make sure the bars are adjusted correctly (not too tight and make sure straight) using the hex wrench.

beststringer
09-28-2010, 03:22 PM
1. I've use lithium grease on the glide bar rails but prefer a silicone based lubricant I found called Sil Glyde SG-2. Comes in a 1.5 oz tube. Should be easy to google it.

2. It sounds like you are missing the frame retainers. Those two metal posts are not meant to support the frame directly.

http://i56.tinypic.com/dmu3jt.gif

thank you all!! You guys are true professional stringers.