PDA

View Full Version : Pro Blogging/tweeting

jackabee
09-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Hi guys,

So it has been a damn long time since I was last on here! I'm a professional tennis player and have been playing full time for nearly 18months now. I am 19 playing national federation tournaments and about to start playing some futures events as well - I am currently based in the UK where I have been all my life. I have been meaning to start some kind of blog to get some interaction with people who are interested in what I do but also to document what I do in a bit more depth. Unfortunately I am ridiculously busy with training etc and so have decided to blow the cobwebs off a twitter account I started using to follow some of the other pros last year.

Through twitter I will try to document some of what I do on a daily basis both on and off the court, in training and out of it also. I will also attempt to write the occasional blog on here as well to get a more in depth version of what I do.

That's all for now but please throw me any questions and I'll do my best to answer them at any time! And please get following me if you want to hear more about the life of a pro.

My twitter account is: jacksaunders

I'll try to post some more info about me and my career when I get a chance but in the meantime I'll do my best with answering some questions if you have any! Oh and I hope this is the right section to be posting in? Please feel free to move it if it's not! :)

Thanks,

Jack

(Oh and please let me know if you think this is a good idea or not!)

jswinf
09-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Sounds interesting, Jack, and good luck!

Fee
09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
You need to change your bio. 'I play tennis' is not going to get anyone to follow you. '19 yr old male starting out on the Futures circuit' might be more interesting. :)

sureshs
09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Are you a member of the ATP? Do they have a blog area setup for you?

atatu
09-29-2010, 08:44 PM
You need to change your bio. 'I play tennis' is not going to get anyone to follow you. '19 yr old male starting out on the Futures circuit' might be more interesting. :)

On the other hand, that's what the bio on the guy in your avatar says...

Kaz00
09-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Awesome ill follow you!

Fee
09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
On the other hand, that's what the bio on the guy in your avatar says...

Yeah, but people know who he is.

Sakkijarvi
09-30-2010, 11:13 AM
I just ate a cupcake. Then burped.

jackabee
10-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Haha hopefully I can be a little more interesting than that Sakkijarvi! I'll work on updating my bio but if you have any questions about what I do or my training just let us know and I'll do my best! Honoured to have had a couple of followers joined - hope you find it interesting. Will work on getting a blog up at some point just no time at the moment to write something in depth!

Thanks again and feel free to let me know what you think!

rfm29
10-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Following you! Best of luck making it high up the rankings!!!

jackabee
11-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi guys

I'm in Barcelona this week trialling at an academy. Please follow me for training updates pictures and the like:

jacksaunders

Cheers
Jack

jackabee
11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
http://www.twitter.com/jacksaunders

max
11-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Good to hear from you!

I've played tennis longer than you've been alive, no criticism there, but this means I'm much more interested in hearing your inner thinking on the games you've played: what's going on, your calculations and thoughts. And of course, how you assess tournaments and players.

jackabee
12-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Will do my best for you max!

Yesterday I hit with top 500 wta Ukrainian player who hit very very flat but timing was very good. Today is my last day in Barcelona before I head home tomorrow after a very good weeks training!

Dream_On
12-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Will do my best for you max!

Yesterday I hit with top 500 wta Ukrainian player who hit very very flat but timing was very good. Today is my last day in Barcelona before I head home tomorrow after a very good weeks training!
Where abouts in the UK do you come from?

jackabee
12-06-2010, 07:59 AM
I'm in Hampshire in the south of England. Back in the uk now after Spain. Back to training tomorrow :)

Larrysümmers
12-08-2010, 07:43 PM
you should follow me since i have like 2 people lol

Jamesm182
12-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Are you the same Jack Saunders as this ?

Born 1991? LTA rating of 9.2, and played in the Cranfold Tennis Tournament in August?

Dream_On
12-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Born 1991? LTA rating of 9.2, and played in the Cranfold Tennis Tournament in August?

I think he is :-?

Jamesm182
12-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Yeah "dream on" ...i thought that :confused:

Hardly a pro rating?

Are you from the uk? have a rating?

goober
12-10-2010, 06:57 AM

LTA 9.2? Isn't that equal to like a 2.5 NTRP rating?:confused:

Jamesm182
12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
the rating system here starts at 10.2 so to be a 9.2 isnt that great.

I'm a 6.1 and coach at my club, and there are plenty of 14-16 year olds who are higher than a 9.2

The only reason i could think of is if he has talent and doesnt play many uk based tournaments, but off the profile i saw, he was playing a lot and was getting beat in the early rounds of most of those :shock:

Dream_On
12-22-2010, 12:30 AM
the rating system here starts at 10.2 so to be a 9.2 isnt that great.

I'm a 6.1 and coach at my club, and there are plenty of 14-16 year olds who are higher than a 9.2

The only reason i could think of is if he has talent and doesnt play many uk based tournaments, but off the profile i saw, he was playing a lot and was getting beat in the early rounds of most of those :shock:

Well it appears he would be a 9.2 from hampshire, unless there is another person with the same name from hampshire who has never played an lta tournament. and yes americans 9.2 = 2.5 just about but probably more like 3.0 depending on who it is.