PDA

View Full Version : wrist injury

monkeyisland90
09-30-2010, 01:10 PM
i got this wrist pain and was actually lot worse then now (3 days passed) but seems like the problem is persisting and it does hurt when i bend in certain angles.. but wondering if i tape up the wrist you think its safe to play? of course i know my own body and similar thing happen to my foot and i put lot of wraps around it and for some reason the next few days it gotten better.. so im wondering if i just let it rest it seems like it will take longer then if i bandage it up and play and for some reason it might get better like my foot that was bandaged up to play.. im wondering if its cause im doing some range of motion while playing that is bandaged up which heals up quicker what you think?

sorry if i posted in wrong thread but im sure theres lot of guys who are in leagues that get injured and have better advice here then the health section.. since im wanting to play upcoming tourney etc and looking to practice matches.

beststringer
09-30-2010, 04:05 PM
i got this wrist pain and was actually lot worse then now (3 days passed) but seems like the problem is persisting and it does hurt when i bend in certain angles.. but wondering if i tape up the wrist you think its safe to play? of course i know my own body and similar thing happen to my foot and i put lot of wraps around it and for some reason the next few days it gotten better.. so im wondering if i just let it rest it seems like it will take longer then if i bandage it up and play and for some reason it might get better like my foot that was bandaged up to play.. im wondering if its cause im doing some range of motion while playing that is bandaged up which heals up quicker what you think?

sorry if i posted in wrong thread but im sure theres lot of guys who are in leagues that get injured and have better advice here then the health section.. since im wanting to play upcoming tourney etc and looking to practice matches.

1. Rest.
2. Find a good sports medicine doctor.
3. Fine a good easy stick (volkl v1 or kennex kinetics, headlight or balanced) and string low tension (30lbs).

nickarnold2000
09-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Don't use stiff strings ie. poly.

blakesq
10-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Ice after you play.

Don't use stiff strings ie. poly.

sphinx780
10-01-2010, 08:01 AM
How old are you? Teens, early 20s...I would have chanced it, wrapped the sucker up and played...making sure to rest, ice and work on some basic strengthening once it was feeling a bit better to prevent a repeat. I'm not saying that it's good advice, just what I would have done. Now, I wouldn't dare play until it was healed because it can lead to a much longer ordeal.

I like BS points 1 and 2. Make sure it's not serious first, because if it is you'll be out a lot longer than if you just let it heal immediately.

Jeffy005
10-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Ice after you play.

yeh i agree with you man........ ICE THAT THING UP!!! :-|

monkeyisland90
10-01-2010, 11:30 PM
ok i decided that im wrapping the wrist up and just use my forehand and only slice on backhand since its my left wrist and i use two bh... i was playing a 4.5 player that i sometimes can beat but this time he got in my head (he was putting me down and trash talking) and i seemed to overswing .... the guy comes from a football background so i guess he brings that mentality into tennis.. on a side note.. anyone here get cocky players who trash talk and it screws you up? of course when im in zone it has no effect on me.