PDA

View Full Version : Bad Stranger Service

Stinkdyr
10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
I am sure someone must have posted this link b4 from Maxline/Eagnas....but I had to post it again. It is frikkin funny!

http://www.eagnas.com/bad.html

*breaksracquet
10-01-2010, 04:52 AM
+1 for Alpha service :)

JavierLW
10-03-2010, 01:47 PM
+1 for Alpha service :)

So you are telling me that Alpha provides free support for other brands machines?

struggle
10-03-2010, 01:57 PM
So you are telling me that Alpha provides free support for other brands machines?

^^^^^^^ +1. i don't see a problem.

you don't call the nissan dealership asking for toyota parts.

airman88
10-03-2010, 04:57 PM
I thought it was really funny too. Posting damaging emails about yourself on your on storefront website. Smart business, maybe thy should be running detroit auto.

lionel_101
10-03-2010, 05:46 PM

I think the same way, call or contact the place you bought it from and have them help you out with the problem.

Some people have no sense and continue to argue with some one, who from the get go isn't going to help you out. If some one says "NO", just hang up and look elsewhere.

JTathlete
10-03-2010, 05:49 PM
i have never had a problem with them in the past but i have heard from others that their service is terrible.

aznfatmonkey
10-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Lol. Although it seems like Eagnas is not very courteous, I agree that the customers shouldn't be ordering parts for other brands from Eagnas.

Site advisor report on Eagnas.com: "McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution."

Why?

xr3fgb
10-04-2010, 03:51 PM

actually, it's more analagous to calling the nissan dealership for nissan parts to fit your toyota.

max
10-04-2010, 05:59 PM
. . . I'm starting to feel sorry for Eagnas. They must deal with a lot of jerks coming in with other manufacturers machines.

Gimmick
10-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Don't feel sorry for them. When I called in to get extra pads for the machine I just purchased from them they sent me the wrong ones, told me mine were no longer available, and just to wood glue the mismatched ones in.

This is on a machine I had for a week and ordered extra pads for just in case they were discontinued. I couldn't feel less sorry for any business misfortune that befalls them.

airman88
10-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Did they ever realize if you take 5 minutes to measure their parts once and offer them for sale there will be the following benefits:

1) They will earn money on the sales, which will lead to bigger profits.

2) They will have a potential future client who ill buy one of their machines.

3) They will no longer have the terrible feedback and name that consistently scares off potential customers.

4) They will have less phone calls asking about the parts and spend less time explaining their "Bas Stranger" policy.

5) They will feel better about themselves for having positive interactions throughout the day and not angry calls and emails.

6) They will no longer be considered idiots and incompetent.

struggle
10-05-2010, 05:11 AM
7) and they will deal with alot more returns due to incompetent customers trying to properly measure for replacement parts which were not meant to fit their machine.

JavierLW
10-05-2010, 03:33 PM
7) and they will deal with alot more returns due to incompetent customers trying to properly measure for replacement parts which were not meant to fit their machine.

Exactly.

As you can tell by the website, their website is OLD and he's had that page forever, back before Internet marketing was even a big deal and message boards like this one were more prevalent.

If someone is going to expect him to measure some part for their non-Eagnas machine, they are not very likely to buy a machine from him because they are a cheapskate.

It's beyond stupid that they blame this guy when it's quite obvious that they are not getting support from the company that DID make their machine, or the cost is just way too high.

Obviously he gets plenty of business because he's still there. And I have yet to see too many people complain about these machines, it usually just turns into some rant about customer service, 90% of which is just from people who "heard about it", and not people that have experienced it.

JavierLW
10-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Don't feel sorry for them. When I called in to get extra pads for the machine I just purchased from them they sent me the wrong ones, told me mine were no longer available, and just to wood glue the mismatched ones in.

This is on a machine I had for a week and ordered extra pads for just in case they were discontinued. I couldn't feel less sorry for any business misfortune that befalls them.

Well apparently they were discontinued already. What are they supposed to do if they run out?

struggle
10-05-2010, 03:44 PM

while i may spout off abit about how i'm ok with eagnas in general, i DID
just buy my machine (which works great) this spring.

what model did you buy? it DOES seem odd if you just bought it that they wouldn't have the proper replacement parts. mine even came with some extras, ......wonder where i put those?

Fearsome Forehand
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
That guy (Victor?) is kind of a character. I have had some dealings with him and he has always been professional. Why he chooses to post stuff like that on his website makes no sense to me. He should rename that section Let's Mock the Customers or More Evidence That I Have Completely Lost My Sense of Humor.

He could just as easily post, We only service Eagnas equipment and will not respond to inquires about servicing other machines.

And then there is his whole tirade against Silent Partner. Makes him look sort of nuts.

I've had a few different Eagnas machines and have made out well with them. Some people weren't so fortunate.

rufusbgood
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM

This is a great point. From this perspective Victor's "bad stranger service" approach seems defensible.

Unfortunately, if you own an Eagnas machine and you did not get it directly from Victor, he's all too likely to regard you as a "stranger" too. To borrow from some of the aforementioned car dealership analogies, it's like going to the local Toyota dealer to buy replacement parts for your Toyota and they kick you out because you didn't buy your car there. "We didn't sell you the car, take it back to the guy who sold it to you".

Is that what you'd expect from a Toyota dealer? Not in a million years.

Maxline is THE US distributor for Eagnas. So, pretty much every Eagnas machine in the US came through Victor's warehouse. But, if you purchased the machine used, Victor considers that purchase the "gray market" and he may decide you aren't his problem.

Victor has a tendency to think of himself as Maxline when it suits him. If you google Eagnas you will come up with a link for Eagnas.com. You should be able to get assistance for an Eagnas machine from Eagnas.com. But you'll notice as you are visiting Eagnas.com that the owner of the website doesn't think of himself as Eagnas. He thinks of himself as Maxline. Unless you are there to buy a new machine. Then he's suddenly Eagnas.

airman88
10-06-2010, 06:25 AM
I meant measure them as in say this part works for the following machines, since they are all made probably side-by-side in the same exact factory. Now if the reason is that these parts are hard to get in any reasonable quantity and he is saving those that he could get for his own customers, this would be completely understandable and actually make him look good if he just explained it that way. Then, it would just seem that his company is best prepared to help clients who buy machines from him and not other importers. But it seems to me they always have the most trouble helping even those clients who buy from them.

And you anyway you charge a restocking fee and take some returns, is it really worth ruining the reputation of your entire business because you don't want returns. He spends so much time talking with people to say he won't help them, could just be helping.

struggle
10-06-2010, 06:59 AM
if you have an eagnas machine, victor will provide parts.

if you don't, he won't. i doubt he keeps (or wants to keep) a cross reference of which other machines are built at the same factory. even then, they are not all spec'd the same.

i don't understand why all you people are worried about the way he does business.

if you need alpha parts, call alpha.
if you need prince parts, call prince.
etc...

it's simple.

SirGounder
10-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Obviously it's the guys choice to do business this way. Judging by how long they've been around, they must be doing something right. It's probably just a reflection of his sense of humor or lack thereof. He states that he does not provide parts or service for other machines, yet people won't accept that as an answer. They try to buy parts anyways.

Yes he is losing out on business by not selling the parts to owners of different brand machines. He probably doesn't want to deal with any compatibility issues that may arise no matter how well he measures.

JavierLW
10-07-2010, 04:34 AM
Yes he is losing out on business by not selling the parts to owners of different brand machines. He probably doesn't want to deal with any compatibility issues that may arise no matter how well he measures.

He's not losing much business. Time is money... The time he spends measuring parts for people, or worse being responsible for these parts once he sells them (that are going to go on ANOTHER BRAND's machines!!!!) is likely not worth whatever small amount of money the part is going to go for.

Obviously these people are only going to him in the first place because they are looking for cheap parts (or their manufacturer does not support their own machines).

It's also actually an incentive to buy a Eagnas machine because obviously all these other brands must not provide the same service, since for whatever reason all these people are going to him for help.... (if you want help from Eagnas, buy a Eagnas machine then I suppose....)

Fearsome Forehand
10-07-2010, 12:40 PM
From a business perspective, you can't blame him for refusing to service other machines. There is little, if any, margin in it for him. His main role is to sell new Eagnas machines and service Eagnas machines that have warranty issues.

You can't expect to get parts/service for a ten year old stringer. If he has some old parts that he wants to get rid of, great, but it is all onesie twosie stuff so you can't expect the guy to bend over backwards and spend an hour figuring out what little widget someone needs to "net" $2. He is actually losing money on that sort of deal. Do you have this little part that broke on my Czech TS750 that I bought in 1995? :roll:

The guys that are looking for little parts usually are very cheap and don't want to pay much. Not worth it for Victor unless he wishes to become The Stringing Machine Tinkerer to the World. Not worth his time, or effort.

Now, the guy in Missouri is sort of The Stringing Machine Tinkerer to the World. He is a better bet for those kinds of repairs because that is a part of his business.

Some years back, I needed parts for an older Eagnas (to replace parts that were missing when I bought the machine used.) I went down to the hardware store and cobbled together my own elegant solution. Worked fine and cost me $2.

spamaway0
10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Did they ever realize if you take 5 minutes to measure their parts once and offer them for sale there will be the following benefits:

it's a tricky business model since you need a sample machine for all know variants that another customer has manufactured. The machine is model X but it's the version Y variant that has a different clamp, or other widget. If you don't and you send a part that does not fit then you are on the hook for shipping, in both directions.

Also, I doubt that there is that much money to be made since I guess that only the true idiot or a tinkerer would call manufacturer A look for parts to support a stringer made by manufacturer B.

Eric

airman88
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I am under the impression that most likely all of these parts are identical and from the same manufacturers overseas and imported under different names. So the parts are probably identical too, people just ask them if they are too make sure.

Darkhors
10-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Here's the thing, if you call prince or Gamma and ask them to purchase a clamp or base or whatever, they'll sell it to you. No questions asked. It seems funny that if a person calls him and asks to buy a part, he's going to confront them about if they have an eagnas machine. Just sell him/her the part and be on your way. I understand the measuring issue, but if the customer already knows what part they want, just sell them the part.

IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

DH

JavierLW
10-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Here's the thing, if you call prince or Gamma and ask them to purchase a clamp or base or whatever, they'll sell it to you. No questions asked. It seems funny that if a person calls him and asks to buy a part, he's going to confront them about if they have an eagnas machine. Just sell him/her the part and be on your way. I understand the measuring issue, but if the customer already knows what part they want, just sell them the part.

IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

DH

He's more then willing to sell them any part they order, he just doesnt want to sit there and measure it for them.

These people that he complains about for the most part are morons who want something for cheap. They are not just customer's ordering parts.

And then they tend to threaten him or post things about him on the Internet. That's the whole reason he made that "Bad Stranger Service" website in the first place, he's making a statement that he's being blamed for bad customer service, but it's for people who are not really even his customers.

struggle
10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
^^^^ agreed. order whatever part you want, just don't request that victor retro-fit your machine of another brand with his/eagnas parts (measuring, etc).

YOU have to do the "retro-fitting", not him.

i doubt gamma, prince or babolat provide that service either.
but i'm sure they'll sell you whatever parts you want.

airman88
10-12-2010, 04:52 PM
It is obviously just the way he is handling the situation, the customer is always wrong.

struggle
10-12-2010, 05:05 PM
It is obviously just the way he is handling the situation, the customer is always wrong.

having bought a machine from victor and talking to him a few times prior to doing so, i disagree. he is/was very friendly and helpful, albeit a tad hard to
understand at times.

i wasn't wrong and he knew that. he dealt with me soundly, IMO.

i can see where it might not work for some.

tomseek
10-24-2010, 01:49 PM
After reading the linked website and this whole post, I would say they have a legit point to their webpage. If I were the owner, though, I would definitely not do it that way.

The biggest concern I have is that if you bought your machine used from someone else who bought it from Eagnas, you're SOL, since you are a STRANGER and not a customer (you are considered to have bought it gray market). This also implies that if you were to buy a machine from Eagnas, you can't sell it to anyone who has read this particular webpage.

If I am wrong, Tbuggle and JavierLW, please correct me. I am thinking about buying the Flex 940, but now I'm a little concerned about it's resale value, if I decide to upgrade later.

Tom

JavierLW
10-24-2010, 02:02 PM
If you buy anything used you cant exactly count on customer service.

If it's an Eagnas machine, what would you really need? You know what parts it uses from their website (they lay that out pretty well). So it's easy enough to reorder those if they are still available. (and if not ask around here)

If it's broken, well it's used... It's not like you could expect them to fix it for you for free or anything... (and that's the case with anything you buy from anyone for the most part.....)

I figure that fact is just built into whatever you buy used when you consider the price.

struggle
10-24-2010, 03:53 PM
After reading the linked website and this whole post, I would say they have a legit point to their webpage. If I were the owner, though, I would definitely not do it that way.

The biggest concern I have is that if you bought your machine used from someone else who bought it from Eagnas, you're SOL, since you are a STRANGER and not a customer (you are considered to have bought it gray market). This also implies that if you were to buy a machine from Eagnas, you can't sell it to anyone who has read this particular webpage.

If I am wrong, Tbuggle and JavierLW, please correct me. I am thinking about buying the Flex 940, but now I'm a little concerned about it's resale value, if I decide to upgrade later.

Tom

you can buy parts. tell him you need a part for an eagnas machine, i
don't see why you'd have a problem. or just order the parts, no questions
asked.

for the money, i think the combo 910 is a better deal than the flex 940 (maybe eagnas' best deal).

resale value. it's cheap to begin with, get what you can down the road.

dancraig
10-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I'm a little concerned about it's resale value, if I decide to upgrade later.

I have seen them sell for more than the new price, on the auction site.

jmverdugo
10-24-2010, 06:01 PM
If you ask me he has all the right to say no, but there is no need to so rude, that is uncalled, in fact, he could very well say: "I am sorry sir but we do not do this, we have a labor fee for this kind of servicfes and we do not offer any kind of warranty if this items are going to be installed on machine that is not Eagnas, however you may be interested on see this machine .... "and I bet you he could get more clients acting like this.

How can people tell they are doing fine? What is fine? just because they exist? Do any of you really KNOW they are doing fine? As far as I know Eagnas is just a warehouse with 2 people.

SirGounder
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Anybody ever call up Gamma or Alpha (2 companies known for good service) and ask if a part will fit on another company's machine?