PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic and Crankcase tensioner

Pinkskunk
10-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi

i just strung my racket today with a Black Magic using the dropweight..oh boy, this string STRETCH ALOT.

i was wonder if anyone string black Magic using a crankcase stringer? what happen when you reach your tension and the crank locks? that means the string is not fully stretch after your tension is locked.

help? i dont have the crank machine yet but i will buy one and plan on using black magic string and i wonder how i would string this on the crank.

Kyle7286
10-01-2010, 08:30 PM
When stringing on a crank.. take the Tension you used with Constant Pull and go up about 5% in tension.

Power Player
10-02-2010, 10:08 AM
I agree. I strung it on a drop weight and it stretched a lot. Took me a lot longer then it should have just because I had pull more then once every time to get it right.

Irvin
10-02-2010, 12:36 PM
When you pull tension on a drop weight string how far down past level does the weight fall when you reach your reference tension? On a crank stringer when you reach your reference tension it lock out. I do not use a crank any longer but it sounds as though some people don't have a good understanding of them. Any string will stretch just as far under 60 pounds of tension so matter what type of tensioner is pulling tension. If you have a constant pull it will stretch just a tiny bit more if the person stringing gives it a chance.

Irvin

Pinkskunk
10-04-2010, 09:36 AM
When stringing on a crank.. take the Tension you used with Constant Pull and go up about 5% in tension.

here is the issue. if you or anyone try out a new string, you would NOT know this new string stretch alot, and so you would string it just like the previous string that you do. Little that you know, on initital tension reached by the crank, it lock out. On the dropweight, it will slowly drop and then you readjust until the bar is steady and level.

with that said, on the crankcase, say if you string this string at 60lbs, you might end up much less than 60lbs. on the dropweight, you would not have this issue........ do you or anyone agree?

GPB
10-04-2010, 09:48 AM
just crank... really... slowly.

and then next time, up your tension if you need to.

Steve Huff
10-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Yes, please, stop with the crank'case'. That's in a car.