View Full Version : Eagnas machine reviews!
10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Eagnas reviews particularly the 722e.
10-02-2010, 07:04 PM
looks like it would be quite disappointing. otherwise it looks quite cheap.
i'm ok with eagnas machines, but i wouldn't touch one of their electronic models (well maybe the high one........maybe).
10-02-2010, 07:53 PM
I've had this machine for a little over a year ago. A conservative estimate is that i've strung 70 rackets on it, using both poly's and multi's. That's probably low, as I strung 10 times during September. Overall I have not had any bad experiences with it. I have not broken a string during installation yet. I check the tension often with a tension calibrator, and it is generally on. On that note, I would check calibration maybe once a month. It might be a bit more often than other companies, but it only takes 5 minutes to calibrate, so it's not a big deal. If you do buy this machine, here are a few things to look out for:
1) read the manual to get a basic idea of how everything works, but YULittle's youtube videos are the best source of information.
2) calibrate the machine as soon as you get it.
3) The rotational gripper causes a little more kinking in the string than, for instance, a gamma gripper. I have not noticed this being a problem, as this is generally stretched out during the next tensioning.
4) remember to adjust the clamps when you change string gauge. this is not specific to eagnas, but if they are too tight it can damage the string.
5) I have heard that they have poor customer service, but I have not needed to call them so I cannot be sure.
Overall, I am happy with the purchase.
Hope this helps.
10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
i was told that if you bought the machines directly from eagnas, they will help you with it as far as support goes. t's those who bought the machines from third party dealers they frown on. so get it directly from eagnas.
vBulletin® v3.6.9, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.