PDA

View Full Version : question on alpha pioneer dc+

tennisace23
10-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I was wondering someone could clarify some things for me. On the alpha, it seems like the 4 outer angled supports can't move or be locked in to place? For example, on the gamma progression II 606FC, the outer angled supports can have their angle adjusted to fit the frame squarely, and then be locked in place. Is this not the case on the alpha machine? Also, the gamma supports seemed padded but the alpha does not?

Lastly, I believe on the alpha, the clamps are diamond dusted, but the ratchet gripper is not? Is this an issue? Thank you in advance for any clarification.

Gimmick
10-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I was wondering someone could clarify some things for me. On the alpha, it seems like the 4 outer angled supports can't move or be locked in to place? For example, on the gamma progression II 606FC, the outer angled supports can have their angle adjusted to fit the frame squarely, and then be locked in place. Is this not the case on the alpha machine? Also, the gamma supports seemed padded but the alpha does not?

Lastly, I believe on the alpha, the clamps are diamond dusted, but the ratchet gripper is not? Is this an issue? Thank you in advance for any clarification.

The outer supports are movable. The pads are integrated. And the gripper works so much better than the rotational on the Gamma that:

You might sell your Gamma a few months after you bought it and buy the Alpha you should have bought in the first place like I did. If only Alpha hadn't been out of stock the first time!

tennisace23
10-05-2010, 02:23 AM
The outer supports are movable. The pads are integrated. And the gripper works so much better than the rotational on the Gamma that:

You might sell your Gamma a few months after you bought it and buy the Alpha you should have bought in the first place like I did. If only Alpha hadn't been out of stock the first time!

Thanks for your help. You say the outer supports are movable...do they lock into place or how does that work? Thank you.